Exercise!?

Daisy_Duke13

Okay, so i know that my CDC said no exercise, maybe a little walk or something....however, although i wasnt slim i was doing loads of exercise before starting the diet and eating healthily but my doctor said it was probs my polycystic ovaries making it so hard to shift the weight....as in a hard 45 min run everyday, a 50 min swim and then an hour gym.

Now...the booklet says dont embark on any strenuous regeime at the same time as starting, just keep on with your normal activity level.

So ive carried on with that so far and i feel absolutely fine, but my counsellor said id make myself...i quote "really ill" if i try and do hard exercise.

Can anyone help me with this? Would be appreciated xxxx

I don't see how exercise can make you 'really ill', maybe light headed whilst you're starting CD but apart from that, I don't know. I would just carry on as you are and if you feel unwell, slow it down. I'm sure someone more qualified than me will come along and tell you what's best tho.

I do not exercise, so am probably not very fit, but I can shop for England for hours and hours and hours. However, at the end of my first week on SS, I was shopping in Bluewater and after 3 hours I became very dizzy and hot. I had to sit down and drink my Chocolate Velvet tetra to give me a bit more energy.

It was a really weird experience, but I can only put it down to the very low calorie intake. I guess if you haven't felt dizzy or strange, then you can cope with the exercise.

OFM- shopping is exersize. Have you not heard it's going to be the next Olympic sport!

I'm like OFM and can't exercise while doing SS, But if you're used to it then don't stop. I think the problems happen if you don't drink enough, and if execising you will have to drink extra. You will know when you have to slow it down a tadge.

OFM- shopping is exersize. Have you not heard it's going to be the next Olympic sport!

If I had known this, I wouldn't have put so much effort into practising for the synchronised swimming team ;) :tear_drop:

Okay, so i know that my CDC said no exercise, maybe a little walk or something....however, although i wasnt slim i was doing loads of exercise before starting the diet and eating healthily but my doctor said it was probs my polycystic ovaries making it so hard to shift the weight....as in a hard 45 min run everyday, a 50 min swim and then an hour gym.

Now...the booklet says dont embark on any strenuous regeime at the same time as starting, just keep on with your normal activity level.

So ive carried on with that so far and i feel absolutely fine, but my counsellor said id make myself...i quote "really ill" if i try and do hard exercise.

Can anyone help me with this? Would be appreciated xxxx

Hi there fatpig13,

I have just done 30 mins on my eliptical trainer and i teach 3 classes a week,so i am continuing with that.

i think you have to be sensible and listen to your body in respect to starting the cd and the fact that if you feel a bit tired that day you could still workout but only at a pace that you find comfortable.

Okay thanks everyone,always nice to have different opinions!
Ive given myself a day off today exercise wise as i had a crabby day yesterday all round! But back to it tomorrow, and dreading yet at the same time looking forward to my first weigh in!! Still not contemplated cheating, i know its only the fifth day but ive never ever been this determined before and i think it is because im not looking at this diet for the first time as a punishment like normal ones and more of a way out! So thats cool.....

Hope everyones getting on okay today, given that its sunday roast day!!!xxx

Back