Extra Easy: Magic mince

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by hazysummer, 8 September 2011 Social URL.

1. hazysummer

hazysummer Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I made a batch of this a while back, which we are still making our way through.

1kg extra lean minced beef
    2kg mixture of some or all of the following: onions, leeks, carrots, courgettes, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers - chopped in a food processor into oblivion
    dried herbs (I used basil and oregano)
    garlic
    500ml passata
    tinned chopped tomatoes

I have a huge cauldron of a pot - which helps!

I fried the mince off breaking it up, then set aside

frylight / sweat off the vegetables and garlic for a while so they are nicely mingled, add the mince back and add the tomatoes and herbs and leave to bubble a while.

Portion up and freeze. 1/3 superfree, and economical - especially if you go to the market for the veg.

I deliberately made mine a bit bland and have oomphed it up to make chilli with spices, corn and kidney beans, bolognese with more herbs, tomato puree and mushrooms, and added some curry paste and peas to make a very inauthentic but quite yummy keema

Last edited: 8 September 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rosiepeace

rosiepeace Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    this sounds good - will have to try it one of these days as heaps of room in the freezer and would be handy to have in there for those can'r be bothered nights.

4. Angem

Angem Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4.5lb(28.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    thanks, I have been looking for ideas for my tea tonight.
    I know what i am having now

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.