Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Well done you...any more weight off and you'll be disappearing!! :)

I wouldn't go that far haha! I've still got a bit to go but I'm not following the plan as strictly as I was. I need to get back on track if I'm going to lose anymore before we go travelling.

Well done on getting those final pounds off and completing the shred. Very impressed with your determination. I might try it if I've gained whilst we're away.

Wow your chicken kiev looks amazing!! and good for you on your weight loss so far!

Thanks, I still can't believe how easy it's been. I hope you're enjoying SW so far. I visited your diary and I know you haven't lost yet but I'm sure it's down to water retention and you'll see a loss soon.

The kiev was so good - definitely worth trying. Easy to make too as I just cut a hole in the chicken breast and filled with garlic and herb philadelphia, then dipped the breast in a beaten egg and covered in breadcrumbs. I put it on a tin foil lied tray and sprayed with frylight to stop it from sticking, then just baked it until it looked done
. So yummy with SW chips too. :drool:

I've been rubbish at updating my diary mainly because I've been rubbish at following the plan! We've also been moving our stuff out of our flat and into storage ready for travelling, so I've been pretty knackered this week. Lots of lifting and running up and down stairs so lots of body magic has been done this week.

Yesterday was my last day at work so I took in lots of goodies (and had a few myself)

Yesterday's Food Diary...

Breakfast - apple, 2 clementines

Lunch - 2 slices wholemeal bloomer (HEXb + 6 syns), chicken, salad, 1 tbsp mango chutney (1.5 syns)

Dinner - Chilli con Carne (0.5 syns), 25g rf cheddar (HEXa), rice

Snacks (throughout the day) - Mini chicken kiev (2 syns), 2 chicken straws (3.5 syns), mini scotch egg (1.5 syns), houmous (3 syns), chocolate (6 syns), carrots sticks

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 22.5

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 slices Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), baked beans, 2 babybel light (HEXa)

Lunch - Low fat Supernoodles, Mullerlight coconut greek (0.5 syns), raspberries

Snack - part of a bag of Hula Hoops (5 syns), chocolate (9 syns)

Dinner - I'll update later

Sparkling water

Total syns = 14 (so far)

Last edited:
We ended up going out for a curry last night. I had the dhansak with pilau rice, a poppadom with chutneys, and 1/3 garlic naan. Plus a couple of beers. Eek!

More packing and moving today. We're almost done, then it's just 2 weeks until we leave!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), baked beans, 1 babybel light (HEXa)

Lunch - Low fat supernoodles,
1 babybel light (HEXa)

Dinner - Prawn stirfry w/ dried noodles, shallot, carrot, spring onion, edamame beans, brocolli, red pepper, babycorn, honey (1 syn), sweet chilli sauce (1 syn), soy sauce

Snack - chocolate (damn easter eggs!) (8 syns?)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk
(HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 10

Another rubbish day! I don't know what's happened to my attitude. My diet certainly isn't as bad as it was but it's definitely not on plan either.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEXb), banana, 125ml skimmed milk (HEXa)

Lunch - Stirfry w/ dried noodles, spring onion, shallot, carrot, edamame beans, red pepper, babycorn, mushrooms, garlic, honey (1 syn), sweet chilli sauce (1 syn), soy sauce

Dinner - pork medallions, mashed potato (2 syns), green beans, mangetout, edamame beans, peas, M&S shallot & apple sauce (7 syns)

2 truffles (5 syns)
Bakewell tart (10 syns)

Total syns = 26

I definitely deserve to gain this week. Im determined to get back on track until we leave. I need a big kick up the backside!

Last edited:
I had my WI this morning and 1lb on. I weighed yesterday too and I'd STS so im not too worried but I do have to get my butt into gear if Im going to lose anymore! I think the key is updating my diary daily on here as it forces me to be honest with myself and allows me to see exactly what im having. Therefore im going to religiously update my diary and try to stick to plan as much as possible before we leave on 1st May.

We've now moved out of our flat and are staying with the OH's parents (which isn't ideal). Im going to try to make my own meals for me and the OH whilst we're here. Mainly so I can stick to plan and also so we don't impose too much.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), baked beans, 1 babybel light (HEXa), apple

Snack - Biscuit (2 syns), nibble of choc (1 syn)

Lunch - Pot Shot mild curry

Dinner - SW Lamb Tagine (made w/ tinned tomatoes, red onion) w/ couscous, almonds (2 syns)

Dessert - Mullerlight greek (0.5 syns), strawberries

1 coffee w/ sweetener & semi-skimmed milk (HEXa)
1 tea w/
semi-skimmed milk (HEXa)
2 tea w/
skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
Small red wine (4.5 syns)

Total syns = 10

I made SW Lamb Tagine for the OHs family last night and they seemed to really enjoy it! I made dinner for just the OH and myself tonight which the family seemed a bit offended by as it meant we wouldn't be eating together. It made it all a bit awkward but I really want to have a good couple of weeks and there is no way of doing that if we eat with them everyday. Although their meals aren't ridiculously unhealthy, they aren't SW friendly either. I can't control what goes into the meal if im not cooking it and so I'd rather just be able to make my own. The importance of meal times as family time is lovely but in my own parents house there hasn't ever been much significance in eating together so I still find the formal dinners in the dining room a bit alien. What's wrong with eating in the kitchen with the TV on every now and again?

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 Be good to yourself cumberland sausages (1 syn), baked beans, poached egg, 1 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), 1 tsp flora light (1 syn)

Lunch - Mugshot, Mullerlight strawberry w/ banana, grapes, blueberries

Snack - pistachios (5 syns), mini creme egg (2.5 syns), nibble of easter egg (2 syns)

Dinner - SW Fish & Chips made w/ 1 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), mushy peas, 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Dessert - Mullerlight Greek (0.5 syns)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 13

Dinner...
Very yummy! Especially as there wasn't a single bone in the cod - this always puts me off making fish at home.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Last edited:
Not posted for a few days - not been an easy week to be honest. I attended a funeral on Monday, very upsetting as it was that of a little girl I taught. Thought I was ok about it but I wasnt and have been really struggling emotionally. I will be honest that I reverted to comfort eating! Big time! Ive realised that this hasnt taken the pain away, its still there and i just feel rubbish about myself to boot!!!

I weighed myself yesterday and Ive gained 2lb this week:(; thats 3lb on in the last 2 weeks :mad: (since I heard the bad news) so Ive had a long hard talking to myself and have reminded myself just how disappointed I will be if I let all this hard work go and would never forgive myself if I felt fat on my wedding day and hated the pictures!

So it was back to basics as of yesterday... I am determined to get this 3lb off, hopefully this week - definately in 2 weeks. I am challenging myself to get down to my target of 10st 7lb by my birthday at the start of June! I owe it to me!

vintagepockets said:
The importance of meal times as family time is lovely but in my own parents house there hasn't ever been much significance in eating together so I still find the formal dinners in the dining room a bit alien. What's wrong with eating in the kitchen with the TV on every now and again?

There's nothing wrong with eating in front of the tv, we do it all the time, our dining table is pretty much redundant! Besides if we didn't watch tv and eat we would never have time to catch up on all our tv programmes!

Have you fixed a date for your travels yet? I bet you can't wait, sounds really exciting x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope you're ok Rjg123, that sounds awful.

Im sure you'll have no problem getting the weight off but try not to beat yourself up too much as its completely understandable!

suzyflo said:
Have you fixed a date for your travels yet? I bet you can't wait, sounds really exciting x

Yes we're off on the 1st May so a week and a half to go! We've still got lots to sort out but we're getting there. Very exciting and a little bit scary (but in a good way!) x

We met my Mum for lunch today and its date night tonight so a high syn day. Im looking forward to an evening out with just the OH as we haven't had much alone time this week. His family are lovely but they seem to want to spend every moment with us. Isn't it enough that we're living here!?

We're going to my favourite Thai restaurant, which I haven't been to for ages so I can't wait. The wine is calling and im quite looking forward to getting boozy! Its also our leaving party tomorrow so its going to be a boozy weekend overall!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEXb), 150ml skimmed milk (HEXa), sweetener, banana

Lunch (out) - Butternut squash and spinach risotto with parmesan and rocket (HEXa) (3 syns for oil?)

Snack - mini flake (3.5 syns)

Dinner (out) - something Thai and scrummy! Plus wine! Eek

Total syns = not a clue!?

We had a lovely evening last night and the food was amazing, so it was definitely worth the extra syns. ;)

We had...

Steamed whole sea bass with chillies, garlic, sliced lime, lemon juice and coriander
Beef Stir fry with red curry paste, fine bean and kaffir lime leaves
Fried rice noodle with chicken, chillies, garlic, basil and Thai herbs
Steamed thai jasmine rice

It certainly wasn't a very naughty meal as most of it was free food, so most of the syns likely came from any oil used in cooking and the red curry paste. I did manage half a bottle of white wine at the restaurant, and a further 2 glasses of red wine after so that wasn't quite so angelic!
:eek:

It's also our leaving party tonight (we're leaving on 1st May) so I'm expecting it to be a messy one. So much for getting any more losses before travelling!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), 2 Be good to yourself cumberland sausages (1 syn), 1 tsp flora light (1 syn), 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn), 1 poached egg

Snack - apple

Lunch - Low fat supernoodles, 2 babybel light (HEXa)

Snack - Mullerlight Greek coconut (0.5 syns) w/ strawberries (so yummy!)

Dinner - finger food (1 slice pizza, LOTS of cocktail sausages covered in honey and sesame seeds, carrot sticks, cucumber, cheese, handful of crisps, filo tart thingy)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
Half a bottle of white wine, lots of vodka lime & soda, cider, few shots

Total syns = ??? (lots!)

Last edited:
Messy night last night - lots of booze and finger food so it wasn't a good syn day overall but nevermind! I don't really enjoy getting drunk anymore tbh. I enjoy getting tipsy and having fun with my friends but getting wasted just doesn't appeal as much as it used to. You just end up embarrassing yourself, drinking too much and eating crap for the whole of the next day. No wonder I was at my fattest when I was at university :)

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), 1 tsp flora light (1 syn), marmite

Lunch (out) - Roast beef, half a yorkshire pudding (4 syns), 1 and a half roast potatoes (4 syns), veg, gravy (5 syns) (+4 to cover anything else)

Pudding (out) - few mouthfuls of strawberry jelly with almond crumble (8 syns?)

Dinner - 2 slices 50/50 (8 syns), baked beans, rf cheddar (HEXa), flora light (2 syns)

2 tea w/ semi-skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 34ish

Last edited:
Glad to hear you enjoyed your date night and your leaving do. Do you reckon you'll still be able to check-in on here now and again when you're on your travels? It will be good to hear how you're getting on and to know where you are in the world :)

Yeah I expect I will still try to get on here as and when we get internet access. It will be nice to keep this as a diary so I can look back on that we get up to. I'll try to post pictures too.

I can't believe it's only a week until we leave - still got so much to do!

I've been really crap with my SF since being off work.Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), 2 tsps flora light (2 syns), 2 boiled eggs

Lunch - Low fat supernoodles, 1 babybel light (HEXa), Mullerlight strawberry

Dinner - SW sticky chicken (3 syns), dried egg noodles, courgette, pak choi, red pepper, broccoli, mangetout, babycorn, chilli, garlic

Dessert
- Mullerlight greek (0.5 syns), mini flake (3.5 syns)

1 latte w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
Small cider (3 syns)

Total syns = 12

I haven't been updating again as I haven't been strictly following plan. I lost the 1lb I'd gained last week so I think 10st 11lbs will be what I'll be aiming to stay at for now.

Im still following the plan to an extent as its so well ingrained - mainly by still having my HEXs and SF but Im not counting syns. I am going over, but not by a huge amount. Im still making SW meals and when eating out having SW friendly options and so I think this is how I'll maintain. When we get back I'll definitely be back to SW (hints have been dropped that I may have something I might want to slim down for ;)), especially if I've gained some whilst away!

Back