Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Hi and welcome home!
Hope you've had a fantastic time. You've done fab with your weight, you've got hardly anything to lose, well done you. Hope you get some accommodation sorted soon :)

Thanks it really was amazing! I'm just looking forward to eating fruit and veg again and cutting out the booze. It would also be amazing to be in the low 10's so that's the goal. Well done on your losses too and getting to target!

Official WI and first day back to SW. This week of eating out and zero exercise has taken it's toll. Going out for our last supper last night for an Indian probably didn't help either! :rolleyes: Oh well, it can only go down...

Me - 10st 11lbs
:eek: (lost my Club 10)
OH - 14st 2lbs

I'll update with food diaries later.

I just ordered the 30 day shred!

Well done on taking the plunge and having your official weigh in, I agree an Indian meal the night before probably wasn't the best idea!!
You're focused to getting back on plan and if you keep it up you'll be back at target in no time :)

I think you'll enjoy the 30 day shred, it's really good and each level is only about 27 mins from warm up through to cool down so it's easy to fit in, I got some really good results and I plan to do it again (feeling a bit flabby around the middle!). Good luck :)

Thanks, I'm (kind of) looking forward to it! My tummy is definitely my problem area, so hopefully that and Zumba will keep me active and get it toned(ish).

I spent most of the day today planning our meals for the week and completing our shopping list. I forgot how much I loved planning my meals and looking through the website and magazines (and of course on MiniMins) for recipe inspiration. I'm really excited about all the meals I'll be cooking this week as most of them are completely new so I will give reviews and pictures as and when we have them.

A bit of a rubbish lunch but this was pre-shopping. I also had to measure the muesli by eye but I was really stingy so hopefully it was under the allowance and not over. I'm picking up my kitchen scales (amongst other SW stuff) on Wednesday so I'll have to cope with some really crappy scales of my Mum's until then.

My Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, Mullerlight strawberry, 35g Jordans Natural Muesli (HEXb)

Lunch - Mild Curry Potshot, apple

Dinner - SW Carbonara w/ red onion & courgettes, 25g parmesan (HEXa)

Snack - bite of chocolate (3 syns?)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
Sugar Free lemonade

Total syns = 3

OH's WI weight = 14 stone

The OH's diary is far from perfect but I'll let him off as it's his first day and it's a lot to get used to. He'll be shocked at the Belgian beer syn values. The problem is we brought loads back with us so the temptation is definitely there!

OH's Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, Mullerlight strawberry, 35g Jordans Natural Muesli (HEXb)

Lunch - Mild Curry Potshot, apple

Dinner - SW Carbonara w/ red onion & courgettes, 25g parmesan (HEXa)

Snack - Velvet Crunch (4 syns), Mugshot, 3 haribo (0.5 syns)

1 coffee w/ skimmed milk
(HEXa) & 1 sugar (1 syn) - switching to sweetener tomorrow
Sugar Free lemonade
Very strong Belgian Beer (15 syns) - he won't be having one of these very often!

Total syns = 20.5

Last edited:
I also started a blog today so I can keep a file of all of the recipes I've found or made as my recipe books are all over the place. Hopefully others may find it useful too!

My Slimline Recipe Book

Ok so I lasted 1 day without the aid of the Slimming World site! I found a discount code online so signed up for £45 for 3 months and the OH paid half so not too bad! Now I have access to the syns online database again which makes life much easier!

Therefore, our new weigh in day is now Tuesdays.

Ok, so not the best lunch as there probably isn't quite a third SF but it was either SW chips or the wotsits I was craving so I saved us 5 syns! I've been starving all day (TOTM) so have been snacking more than usual.

I remembered it's our anniversary on Monday (8 years!!!) so I'm going to weigh us Monday as originally planned as I expect we'll be going out for dinner Tuesday night and I don't want our WI to be affected by food babies!

My Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, blueberries, Mullierlight Strawberry

Lunch - BLT made w/ 2 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), bacon (fat removed), spinach & rocket, grilled tomatoes, 1 tsp extra light flora (0.5 syns), 1 tbsp extra light mayo (0.5 syns), SW chips (made with half a jacket potato)

Snack - 2 babybel light (HEXa), carrot, grapes

Snack - Mugshot, cherries

Dinner - Pork in Black Bean Sauce made w/ yellow pepper, red onion, garlic, mangetout, water chestnuts and 2 tbsps Sharwood's Black Bean Sauce (1.5 syns), and SW Egg Fried Rice (spring onions, soya beans, garlic)

Snack
- Maltesers funsize (5.5 syns)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 7.5

OH's Food Diary...

Breakfast - same as me & half a grapefruit

Lunch - Bacon sandwich made w/ 2 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), bacon (fat removed), spinach & rocket, 1 tsp extra light flora (0.5 syns), 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn), 25g reduced fat cheddar (HEXa), and SW chips (made with half a jacket potato) w/
1 tbsp extra light mayo (0.5 syns)

Snack - carrot, grapes

Dinner - same as me
(1.5 syns)

Snack -
Butterkist Toffee 25g bag (5 syns)

2 coffee w/ skimmed milk (HEXa) & sweetener
Diet Lemonade

Total syns = 8.5

Lunch...
2012-09-11%252013.30.07.jpg

Snack...
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Dinner... it needed a bit of pep - I'm going to add a chilli next time and see if that helps
2012-09-11%252020.00.19.jpg

Last edited:
The OH has gone to Cardiff tonight for his sisters leaving party as she's off to Australia for 9 months to go travelling. I wasn't feeling too well and also didn't want to drink so I've stayed home. There was talk of Burger King from his brother on the journey down so it definitely won't be a SW friendly evening for him! I advised he avoid fries and get a grilled chicken burger so we'll see how he's done!

My Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), 2 tsps flora extra light (2 syns), marmite

Lunch - Pasta w/ 50g Philadelphia light (HEXa), red onion, yellow pepper, courgette, spring onion, bacon (fat removed)

Dinner - Prawn noodle stirfry (spring onion, red onion, mangetout, carrot, water chestnuts,
babycorn) w/ soy sauce, 1 tsp honey (1 syn), 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns)

Snack - 2 mini meringues (2 syns), frozen mixed berries, fat free natural yoghurt

Snack - Ryvita (1.5 syns), fat free fromage frais, smoked salmon, cucumber, grapes

Sparkling water

Total syns = 8

The OH had the same breakfast as me but with low sugar jam instead of marmite, and the same lunch. As for the rest of the day I haven't got a clue!

Lunch...
2012-09-12%252013.45.57.jpg

Dinner...
Recipe - http://myslimlinerecipebook.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/prawn-stir-fry.html
2012-09-12%252018.51.47.jpg

Last edited:
Dinner... it needed a bit of pep - I'm going to add a chilli next time and see if that helps

Have you tried Thai 7 spice? That certainly has pep! I got mine from Tesco and have used it in a few stir fries.

Have you tried Thai 7 spice? That certainly has pep! I got mine from Tesco and have used it in a few stir fries.

Ooh thanks I'll give that a go!

Hello hun just popping in, omg ur meals look so flipping yummy!!! Well done on your losses so far! Great ur OHs joining in! wish mine would grr! I tried to look into SW red and green days and i just could not get my head around it, extra easy looks abit more managable! Would u mind giving me a quick explanation on how to do it? :) Should really join a class but the ones closest to me i cant make! May join online if i can get the hang of it and enjoy it? Thanks :) xxx

We're going out for dinner tonight with my Dad as I haven't seen him since we've been back. I think we will be going to Ask and they have dishes for under 650kcal so we're both going to order one of those each and hope that the syns aren't too bad! It's proving a struggle to find healthy options that the OH will eat as he can't have a meal out without meat in it. I really want him to enjoy this diet so it's important that he feels he can still eat things he likes without feeling deprived. Let's just hope he gets a loss on Monday!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, blueberries, Mullerlight strawberry

Lunch - Jacket potato w/ tuna, red pepper, red onion, cucumber, sweetcorn, 1/2 carrot, 2 babybel light (HEXa), 2 tbsps extra light mayo (1 syn)

Snack - Mug shot, cherries

Dinner - out

Sparkling water

Total syns = ?

Not the best day for the OH but he's doing well considering his normal diet and I'm going easy on him this week.
OH's Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 toast w/ marmalde and honey (in Wales so not SW friendly) (5 syns?) (HEXb)

Lunch - Jacket potato w/ baked beans, 1 tsp flora extra light (0.5 syns), 30g reduced fat cheddar (HEXa), velvet crunch (4 syns)

Dinner - out

1 coffee w/ skimmed milk (HEXa) & sweetener
Sparkling water

Total syns = ?

Update: I had chicken w/ mozzarella, tomato, pesto, parma ham with new pots and salad. OH had pork loin, mash and veg.

My Lunch...
2012-09-13%252014.47.43.jpg

Last edited:
Hello hun just popping in, omg ur meals look so flipping yummy!!! Well done on your losses so far! Great ur OHs joining in! wish mine would grr! I tried to look into SW red and green days and i just could not get my head around it, extra easy looks abit more managable! Would u mind giving me a quick explanation on how to do it? :) Should really join a class but the ones closest to me i cant make! May join online if i can get the hang of it and enjoy it? Thanks :) xxx

I've never attempted Red or Green and I don't think I will unless I have problems losing weight this time around. EE is much easier as it's the same rules everyday and is as simple as 1 HEXb, 1 HEXa, 15 syns and fill each meal plate with 1/3rd superfree and snack on free and superfree foods. I'm not perfect as I definitely don't always snacking on SF and I don't always have 1/3 SF with every meal but it seems to be working :)! Different plans suit different people though so you might find that you prefer Red or Green days. I just couldn't live without carbs lol!

I don't go to class as I just kept putting off going to a meeting, but I've found doing it online really suits me. I love planning meals and by putting everything I eat down in a food diary on here I have to face what I've eaten everyday. I don't think I would of lost weight without this food diary or without getting advice and tips from people on MiniMins. The SW site doesn't really hammer it home how important the SF is, whereas if you don't have your Superfree then someone on here will definitely point it out to you lol! The SW site is really helpful for syn values and recipe ideas which is mainly what I use it for, and it was invaluable when I first started doing the plan.

Hope that helps and good luck with it. Are you going to do a food diary? If so message me the link!

Thankyou :) is the healthy extra A cheese and milk and B is like bread and crackers?

I'm gonna start on Monday, planning ahead this weekend on all the meals I can have then go shopping and stock up!!

Will subscribe to your diary to get some ideas off you :)

My diary is in the brides to be section, was suppose to be taking a more relaxed approach just cal counting and exercising but feel extra easy would be good to try, this is my diary, pls feel free to subscribe and guide me when I start Monday lol xxx

http://www.minimins.com/brides/293132-im-gonna-mini-bride-28-09-2013-a.html

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

HEXa is your calcium allowance, so yeah cheese and milk, and the HEXb is your fibre allowance so that can come from bread, cereal and crispbreads, but you can also have olive oil, tinned soups and cooked fruit as your HEXb. If you join the site you can get a full list of everything that is included and there are also threads on here which will probably list them. If you want me to check anything for you too then just ask :). Good luck!

Oh also, just to mention, cooked fruit isn't a free food (unless it's your HEXb) and has to be synned. That one caught me out when I first started!

Thankyou!! Hoooray i get it now! Looking forward to starting monday :D Any goodies you know of that i can add to my shopping list, free yogs, treats or low syns?

Have a lovely day xx

Thankyou!! Hoooray i get it now! Looking forward to starting monday :D Any goodies you know of that i can add to my shopping list, free yogs, treats or low syns?

Have a lovely day xx

Mullerlights are a safe favourite (free), and the new greek variety are really yummy (0.5 syns each). Mini meringues (1 syn each) are nice with yoghurt and fruit.
Crisps I like velvet crunch (4 syns), skips (4 syns) and wotsits (5 syns)
If you want chocolate most people like curly wurlys (6 syns), and treatsize chocolate bars are good for a choccie craving. Basically anything like crisps and chocolate you just add 1 syn for every 20kcals.

Have a search in the SW forum for low syn snacks as you'll find loads. Good luck for Monday!

Bit of a cheeky weigh in today and I'm 10st 6lbs!!! Obviously chuffed to bits but also a bit confused. Maybe it was because of the food baby and TOTM that I was 10st 11lbs on my last weigh in. Let's just hope it stays off until the official weigh in on Monday!

Also, look what arrived today!
I'm going to start it next week as I'm away this weekend. Wish me luck! Eeek!

2012-09-14%252012.52.08.jpg

Back