Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Well today is the day, off on your travels - have a fantastic time and please do keep us posted :)

:wavey:

Thanks! We had to delay our trip by a week as we just weren't prepared enough, but we're finally off tomorrow! Actually excited rather than stressed out like I was this time last week!

I've been horribly off plan for the past few weeks and desperate not to put on weight whilst we're away so Im giving myself a kick up the backside as I just feel awful! We're going to be camping a lot of the time and so cooking for ourselves so hopefully I can make good choices the most of the time. Its booze that Im most worried about but Im going to try to get my bf to cut down whilst we're away so hopefully that will help!

I'll try to update as much as I can whilst we're away. First stop is Santander and our first full day it will be 25°C! :)

We've been away a few weeks now and unfortunately it hasn't gone according to plan. I was having a bit of a freak out as the Spanish have bread with every meal! Im also unable to cook so have had to eat out or snack on bread and ham. Anyway after fretting about a weight gain I got struck down with a horrible bout of diarrhea with excruciating abdominal cramps. This resulted in a trip to the hospital where we found out I had an inflamed colon and I was admitted for 5 nights. Three of those days I was nil by mouth so ironically probably lost any weight I may have gained plus quite a bit more. I got out of hospital on Tuesday and it was my birthday Wednesday. It wasn't my dream birthday but I was just grateful I was out of hospital and well in time.

I've gone back to eating naughtily since and would really love any advice on how I can stay slim whilst we're travelling. For example on low syn snacks that keep well, as well as lunch ideas that don't involve cooking or perishable ingredients. I know I need to cut back on bread and booze but im finding it tricky to be as dedicated as I was. I can safely say I'll be straight back to SW as soon as we're back! Its near impossible to stick to plan whilst we're away.

Im also desperate to know how much I weigh so im going to hunt down some scales at some point. If im over 11 stone then I'll be really upset!

Last edited:
Hi and belated happy birthday, so sorry to hear you've been poorly, that must have been pretty scary, glad you are recovered.
Don't know if I can offer much advice re eating while you're away as I don't really know what you have access to, I would say if poss then go easy on the bread (I know its very tempting when it's put in front of you) and maybe eat lots of fresh fruit. Most of all though have a great time and make the most of this wonderful opportunity :)

Sorry to hear youve been unwell honey !! i say eat 3 meals of your choice, no snacks n no bread ... i no you said didnt wanna venture down the calories path but i suggested my fitness pal a while back, if you input everything u eat, you can set maintenance calories so u dont gain weight .... it may keep your mind at rest tracking xx

*Claire-Bear* said:
Sorry to hear youve been unwell honey !! i say eat 3 meals of your choice, no snacks n no bread ... i no you said didnt wanna venture down the calories path but i suggested my fitness pal a while back, if you input everything u eat, you can set maintenance calories so u dont gain weight .... it may keep your mind at rest tracking xx

That's good advice I think its worth trying as its difficult to do SW mainly due to not being able to store food. We've been spending over budget so far so we're going to be camping mainly for the rest of the trip and cooking for ourselves to keep costs down so it should be easier to manage. I brought my frylight with me! We have no way of keeping food cool so will be buying milk, fruit and veg as and when we need it. We're heading further south into Spain where its going to be as high as 40°c so all im going to want is fruit and salad anyway. My boyfriend is also keen to lose weight and was expecting it to fall off whilst we're away. Im pretty sure we've both gained weight over the last few weeks (despite my body rejecting everything in my system for a week) so its time for me to take control. Daily booze also HAS to stop! Wish me luck! If all goes tits up at least I know I have the comfort of SW to come back to! :)

Calorie counting is a really good idea, my fitness pal is brilliant as it goes off your BMI/age etc so any exercise you're doing factors in so you can still eat bread and stuff, probably will be easier than trying to eat SW friendly things. Hope you have a brilliant time now you're better xx

That's good advice I think its worth trying as its difficult to do SW mainly due to not being able to store food. We've been spending over budget so far so we're going to be camping mainly for the rest of the trip and cooking for ourselves to keep costs down so it should be easier to manage. I brought my frylight with me! We have no way of keeping food cool so will be buying milk, fruit and veg as and when we need it. We're heading further south into Spain where its going to be as high as 40°c so all im going to want is fruit and salad anyway. My boyfriend is also keen to lose weight and was expecting it to fall off whilst we're away. Im pretty sure we've both gained weight over the last few weeks (despite my body rejecting everything in my system for a week) so its time for me to take control. Daily booze also HAS to stop! Wish me luck! If all goes tits up at least I know I have the comfort of SW to come back to! :)

Good luck honey ;) xx

Thanks guys.

I feel like a whale after another meal out. Seriously considering buying some scales just to either a) put my mind at rest or b) scare me into eating better. I can't wait to get to a campsite so I can stop having to eat out. So mad at myself but the willpower has completely evaporated. It only resurfaces once I've finished my tapas and half bottle of wine!

I just weighed myself and I'm at target! 68.3kg which is 10 stone 7 lbs!!! I can't believe it! It's obviously down to the hospital visit but there is no way Im gaining now! Healthy eating all the way. It's amazing how eating badly can make you feel massive. When I was eating a SW diet I felt so skinny! Chuffed to bits right now! :)

I managed to weigh myself today and I'm 10 stone 8 lbs which is brilliant. Food wise I certainly haven't been angelic but we've been doing loads of walking so that must be helping! Plus this was after breakfast and I normally weigh myself on an empty stomach.

ForumRunner_20120620_142141.jpg

We're in our 7th week and still in Spain. We're in Barcelona and just enjoyed a Rioja and plate of Spanish sausage and tomato bread and we're about to go off and do some sightseeing.

We've been to San Sebastian, Madrid, Toledo, Cordoba, Seville, Marbella, Ronda and now Barcelona. Finally leaving Spain by the weekend and making our way to Croatia. It's been amazing so far and I'm really getting into camping. I've even managed to pick up a tan where as I normally go red and white again.

Here's a few pics.

ForumRunner_20120620_142753.jpg

ForumRunner_20120620_142849.jpg

ForumRunner_20120620_142908.jpg

ForumRunner_20120620_142945.jpg

ForumRunner_20120620_143017.jpg

ForumRunner_20120620_143033.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120620_142728.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120620_142728.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 68
Ah wow! Looks lovely! Lush looking food too, you look really slim and happy. Hope you enjoy croatia. Xx

Great pics, well done on your weight, sounds like you're having a fab time. I'm in menorca at the moment, just enjoying a mojito in the sunshine - only here for a week though :(
Enjoy the rest of your trip you lucky things x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Almost at the end of our trip... Only 3 weeks and we'll be back in the UK! I managed to weigh myself again last week and I'm still 68.5kg (10 stone 8 lbs) which is a bloody miracle as I'm eating terribly. I'm talking KFC, tons of sausages and plenty of beer. As soon as we're back I can't wait to be eating fruit and vegetables again and get off the booze and back to sparkling water. We are doing SO much more exercise than we ever do at home so that must be it. I've even convinced the boy to do SW when we get back. I'm going to have a target of 10 stone but i'd be happy to be between 10 and 10.7 so that's my goal!

Only 3 weeks left? Blimey that's flown by. Your weight is good considering the kfc's etc, any extra should drop off when you get back to s/w eating again. Are you going to continue with exercise when you get back? Enjoy your remaining time on your adventure x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back home today and to my official WI scales and I'm 10st 9lbs. Me and the OH are starting SW on Monday so we can enjoy some home comforts and lots of catch up drinks and dinners. Only concern is that my scales/food processor/ basic ingredients are all in storage and will stay there until we find somewhere to live (i.e. Not with parents). I'm sure I can cope though as there are no excuses!

So I start back on SW tomorrow and I'm really excited. I've been half doing it this week in an attempt to get back into the mind set, but it will be 100% as of tomorrow and I'll be dragging the OH with me! He's a little apprehensive as he thinks he's going to be deprived and miss out on all his favourite things. He keeps asking me if he can still eat Nando's and drink beer. Of course the answer is yes but just not in the way he's used to - it's all about moderation!

I'm going to go to our storage container this week and dig out my food processor, kitchen scales and spices. We're also doing our tesco shop tomorrow so I've had to go back through my diary to remind myself of what I mainly ate whilst I was doing SW before travelling. It's going to be only slightly more tricky this time around as I've got to think about what the OH likes as well as myself. It should be an interesting challenge.

I'll be doing a daily food diary for both of us on here so I can keep track of our syns and HEXs. I'm going to attempt to do SW without the help of the website this time but I'm going to see how that goes. I like being able to have easy access to recipes and syn values, so I'll need to rely on MiniMins a lot more heavily this time around. I'm also going to start Zumba. I need to think about other ways of exercising as that's the only thing that kept the weight gain away whilst we were away.

Wish us luck!
:cross:

Back