Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

I can't wait for lunch tomorrow!

2012-02-21%252016.46.13.jpg

And these are delicious! New obsession I think... the poor OH!

2012-02-21%252016.52.11.jpg

Poor you vintagepockets! Just keep visualizing the new slim you and imagine how virtuous you will feel later. You can do it!

Thanks daisybell18. I think I just need to avoid the canteen. It's really hard when everyone around you is eating whatever takes their fancy! :cry:

I've been very hungry and grumpy all day!

Last edited:
Happy Pancake Day! The OH is away this week so I'm saving my pancakes for the weekend!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - Banana, Alpen light summer fruits (3 syns)

Lunch - 1 wholemeal pitta (HEXb), egg mayo (0.5 syns), cucumber, spinach, 1 carrot, grapes, blueberries

Snack - Roast chicken mug shot w/ sweetcorn, pickled onions

Dinner - Spinach and ricotta
(HEXa) cannelloni w/ passata & shallot

1 tea w/ skimmed milk (0.5 syns)
half Options coconut (1 syn)
Sparkling water
Mini lindt ball
(1.5 syn)

Total syns = 6.5

Last edited:
WI today and 2.25 pounds lost! :woohoo:

Last edited:
Well done, that's great. Keep up the good work :talk017:

I hope you enjoy your lunch today as you have been looking forward to it...I bet your baguettes are much tastier than the canteen ones (they look nice)

I see sweet and sour chicken was on the canteen menu yesterday. I had the s/w diet fanta version for dinner last night, it was nice, and.....get this...I can do photo's now, here it is!

th_f539ed92.jpg

Helllooo, Ive been doin ww for the last year but im stuck on a plateau so im joining slimming world tonight :cool: .. been reading through your diaries and i love everything u eat !! I have absolutely no idea how this diet works so im guna visit for all the books then do it myself ... so hopefully we can help each other ;)

Claire :D

Well done on the weight loss! Do you now think it is worth it? Bet you do. Hold onto the feel good when you're next in the canteen.

Well done, that's great. Keep up the good work

I hope you enjoy your lunch today as you have been looking forward to it...I bet your baguettes are much tastier than the canteen ones (they look nice)

I see sweet and sour chicken was on the canteen menu yesterday. I had the s/w diet fanta version for dinner last night, it was nice, and.....get this...I can do photo's now, here it is!

Thanks Daisybell18 and Suzyflo! Very pleased with the result and you're right it is worth it! I just need to avoid the canteen altogether and find somewhere else to eat my lunch as it's a mini torture everyday that I don't need to put myself through.

And I thoroughly enjoyed my baguette today and all for 9 syns (including my HEXs). Won't be having it daily but its great to know that there are ways to satisfy my cravings without blowing my syn allowance! I think one from the canteen would have been 3 times that at least.

Mmm your Sweet & Sour looks great! I might have to try that! Glad to see you've worked out how to upload pics :)

Helllooo, Ive been doin ww for the last year but im stuck on a plateau so im joining slimming world tonight :cool: .. been reading through your diaries and i love everything u eat !! I have absolutely no idea how this diet works so im guna visit for all the books then do it myself ... so hopefully we can help each other ;)

Claire :D

Hi Claire - best of luck with it! I haven't done WW but I'm loving the choice of SW. I do it online and don't go to meetings but the website and Minimins is so helpful that I feel confident that I'm eating the right things. I can't say what Red/Green is like but Extra Easy is as simple as having one HEXa (milk/cheese) and one HEXb (fibre) choice a day and making sure you snack on Superfree foods and fill 1/3 of your plate them too. You also get 15 syns a day. You can download lists of all of these from the website and they're also listed on the SW website's online food diary which I use daily and find really useful.

Are you going to set up a Food Diary? If so send me a link as I would love to see what foods/meals you're trying as I'm always looking for new ideas! :D

Last edited:
Really chuffed with my weight loss today and I celebrated with my baguette! I couldn't bring myself to get one from the canteen as I'm still very controlling over what I eat day to day, but my baguette was very yummy!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - Mullerlight strawberry, banana, blueberries

Lunch - 120g Wholemeal baguette (HEXb + 6 syns), 36g Low Low cheese (part HEXa), lean ham, cucumber, spinach, 2 tsps Flora light (2 syns), 1 tbsp light Salad Cream (1 syn), small bag of sugarsnap peas

Snack - Chupa Chups Strawberries & Cream (1.5 syns) - could someone tell me if this is right!?

Dinner - Prawn Stir Fry w/ dried egg noodles, soy sauce, 1 tsp honey (1 syn), 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syn), courgettes, carrot, babycorn, red onion, spring onion, mushrooms, water chestnuts, red pepper, chilli, garlic

Pudding (if I get hungry later) - Mullerlight toffee, banana

3 tea w/ skimmed milk
(part HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 12

Dinner...
Very yummy!

2012-02-22%252018.22.12.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Claire - best of luck with it! I haven't done WW but I'm loving the choice of SW. I do it online and don't go to meetings but the website and Minimins is so helpful that I feel confident that I'm eating the right things. I can't say what Red/Green is like but Extra Easy is as simple as having one HEXa (milk/cheese) and one HEXb (fibre) choice a day and making sure you snack on Superfree foods and fill 1/3 of your plate them too. You also get 15 syns a day. You can download lists of all of these from the website and they're also listed on the SW website's online food diary which I use daily and find really useful.

Are you going to set up a Food Diary? If so send me a link as I would love to see what foods/meals you're trying as I'm always looking for new ideas! :D

Hiii, thanks for your help ;) .... I went to the meeting, it took TWO bloody hours ... spent most of it clapping ppls weight loss. but i have my books now and ile get cracking with it all on saturday ;) .... Ile set up a diary on saturday n send you the link. Im keen to try out all these recipes so ile keep u posted. Ive got a fair few ideas from your diary already, thanks alot :)

That's exactly why I don't go to meetings! Haha :)

I'll look forward to reading!

Last edited:
Reached my syn max today. I hate it when that happens as I like to try to stay under 10 syns if I can (or closer to 10 than 15 when I go over). But I had dinner at my Mum's tonight and they use full fat mince but drain the fat off. And I had weetabix with milk for breakfast, forgetting I was using my HEXa allowance in my lunch!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEXb) w/ 140ml skimmed milk, sweetener, blueberries

Snack - banana

Lunch - Spinach & ricotta (HEXa) cannelloni w/ passata and shallot, small bag of sugarsnap peas

Snack - grapes, blueberries

Snack - Velvet crunch cheddar cheese & spring onion (4 syns)

Dinner - Mum's Chilli con Carne (6.5 syns)
(tinned tomatoes, peppers, onion, chilli, garlic)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (3.5 syns total)

Sparkling water
Half Options coconut (1 syn)

Total syns = 15

Last edited:
But you did stay within the limit! Perhaps you can hold back a little over the next few days although that probably isn't necessary. I keep hearing that people using their full syns allowance are still regularly losing weight. You may be surprised.

I'm meeting my friend for wine tonight so I will definitely be going over my syn count! I can't guarantee tomorrow night will be syn free either. Fingers crossed I can stay low syn for the rest of the week.

I had fish in batter for lunch from the canteen today. I was worried I wouldn't be able to resist the batter but I had a tiny bit and I really didn't like the grease! So strange how changing to a healthy diet makes rubbish not taste as good...

Food Diary...

Breakfast - Mullerlight rhubarb, banana, blueberries

Lunch - Cod in batter (batter removed), jacket potato, peas, 2 tsps flora light (2 syns),
grapes, blueberries

Snack - Drifter (5 syns) (REALLY needed a chocolate kick!)

Dinner - SW Spaghetti Carbonara w/ 15g parmesan (part HEXa), courgette, red onion, mushrooms

No HEXb today... whoops! I might have some cereal or toast later.

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (90ml)
(part HEXa)
Leftover skimmed milk in possible cereal (90ml) (part HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 7 (so far...)

Here's a picture of my treat pot for when I need something sweet. If you read my diary you'll see that I'm much more a savoury than a sweet person so it isn't too much of a temptation having it in the house. But when I need chocolate I REALLY need chocolate! :p

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Update: I feel a bit sick after that chocolate - Drifters are very chocolately! Even my teeth hurt :confused:

Last edited:
Hey congrats on your loss! I'm always on this on my phone & your photos don't come up for me :(

I know what you mean about tasting the grease, it's yucky!!

Enjoy your wine tonight x

Thanks I definitely will! I feel a bit guilty (but not enough to skip it :)) as I've not been too low on the syns so far this week. It's odd when you look back at your syns as half the time my syns aren't generally spent on things I'd consider that naughty! (Apart from the choc of course ;))

Last edited:
Drinks last night...

1 bottle red wine

2 vodka & soda water

Head hurts today!

Total syns = 30.5

Total Friday syns = 37.5

Last edited:
Naughty 2 days! I'm going to work out my weekly total so far and that way I can make sure I stay within it the rest of the week.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), baked beans

Snack - banana

Lunch - Parpadelle, 60g philadelphia light sweet chilli (HEXa),
lemon juice, red onion, courgette, brocolli, garlic (from new SW mag)

Snack - dark chocolate truffle (3 syns)

Snack - houmous, flatbread, olives (10 syns) (picked at with drinks)

Dinner - Fish & Chip shop chips (17.5 syns), saveloy (6.5 syns), 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn), pickled onions

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
1 pt dry cider (9 syns)
half pint peroni (5 syns)

Total syns = 52 :eek:

Lunch...

Very yummy! I'd recommend trying this one out! (annoyingly blurry pic)

2012-02-25%252014.39.40.jpg

Update- I just added up my syns and I've already gone over the weekly limit! Whoops! I'll just have to try to stay as low syn as I can for the rest of the week and hope that it doesn't cause too much damage at WI.

Total weekly syns so far - 116.5 :(

Last edited:
Back