Extra Easy SP Extra Easy SP Plan

Smint keep at it Hun as it might catch up with you next week. Chin up my lovely :)

We had a new members talk tonight my C pretty much covered Extra Easy then talked about SP and how it works. Again she said its more as a boost when you want to kick start your losses but also said you can do a day here and there.

Personally I enjoyed my week of SP but was starting to miss carbs so I think I'm going to aim for 4 days of EE, then 3 days of SP towards the end of my week. That way I won't be bloated and won't feel sluggish when I'm due to get weighed.

I've enjoyed the meals ideas we've all been sharing here though so looking forward to seeing more.

I found this recipe on Insta tonight so thought I'd share with you here too xxx

image-306622969.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Pete’s (SP) Mini Beef Wellington (2015)
Serves 2
Ingredients
1 Tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. Cornflower (1 syn/2=0.5syn per person)
1 Knorr Veg. stockpot
1 Leek, finely chopped (s)
1 Egg, whisked smooth (p)
2 Tbsp. Quark (p) (c)
2 Beef steaks cut into 50mm x 50mm x20mm (p)
2 Bfree wraps (2 Heb/2= 1Heb per person)
2 Tbsp. water
50mL Dry white wine (2 syn/2= 1syn per person)
100g Mushrooms, finely chopped (s)
S & P

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
Heat a frying pan on a high heat, spray with frylight, sear the beef until browned on both sides, remove & set aside.
Reduce the heat, add the leek & mushrooms, cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated, add the wine & deglaze the pan.
In a small bowl mix the cornflower with the stockpot, mustard & 2 tbsp. water, add to the pan & liquidise with a hand blender to a smooth paste, cook until thickened, remove from the heat & allow cooling slightly, adding the quark & mixing well.
Place a wrap in the microwave & heat up until it’s pliable, put on a flat surface & add a Tbsp. of the mushroom/leek mix, place the beef steak on top, add a second Tbsp. of the mix, season well. Set the sauce to one side.
Bring the sides of the wrap over the top of the mixture & fold over, when completely covered, break an egg & beat then, egg wash all over, place in an oven-proof dish upside down so that the folds are on the bottom, place in the oven & cook for 20-25 mins until cooked & the wrap has browned. Remove the quark from the fridge & allow it to come to room temperature.
Reheat the sauce up, do not boil, remove from the heat & add the Quark slowly mixing each time, plate up with the beef wellington & veg of your choice, cover with the remaining sauce.

Beef Wellington (Small).JPG

Pete’s (SP) Chicken & Veg (2015)

Serves 2
Ingredients
½ Broccoli head (s)
½ Cauliflower head (s)
1 Knorr Chicken stockpot
2 Skinless chicken breasts (p)
50mL Hot water
60g Strong cheddar (2 Hea/2= 1Hea per person)
100g Frozen peas (p)
Schwartz “perfect shake” chicken herb & spice blend
S & P

Method

Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the chicken blend, coat both sides then place in a frying pan, sprayed with frylight, and cook both sides of the chicken, turning over from time to time.
Add the stockpot & hot water, continuing cooking the chicken for 20 mins.
In a saucepan, filled with hot water, cook the veg for 8 mins then drain, check that chicken is fully cooked, then plate up in an oven dish, cover with the cheese & grill until the cheese has melted.
Chicken & veg (Small).JPG

Well after reading through all this thread and going through the new pack I reckon I'm just sticking with EE BUT incorporating more S foods (bye bye bananas, hello satsumas!) and having a few carb free meals a week. It may be that I end up doing an SP day without realising but I really dont want to have the extra B as I'll spend it on bread and I like to limit it

I'm surprised thay havent got a seperate section for B's on SP (like they did with the red plan) or even given you syn values for none SP foods that are free on EE (like the old red syn values for carbs).

Saying that - if thats the plan then thats the plan - and we can take it or leave it!!

I hope all that makes sense - it does in my head

Well after reading through all this thread and going through the new pack I reckon I'm just sticking with EE BUT incorporating more S foods (bye bye bananas, hello satsumas!) and having a few carb free meals a week. It may be that I end up doing an SP day without realising but I really dont want to have the extra B as I'll spend it on bread and I like to limit it

I'm surprised thay havent got a seperate section for B's on SP (like they did with the red plan) or even given you syn values for none SP foods that are free on EE (like the old red syn values for carbs).

Saying that - if thats the plan then thats the plan - and we can take it or leave it!!

I hope all that makes sense - it does in my head

I think that's pretty much what I'm going to do too. I've already swapped the mango, pineapple and blueberries in my breakfast fruit salad for melon, peaches and apricots, and not bought any bananas (although I may miss them too much). Will also up the pulses and lentils along with the other P foods

Hope it works for us :)

I think that's pretty much what I'm going to do too. I've already swapped the mango, pineapple and blueberries in my breakfast fruit salad for melon, peaches and apricots, and not bought any bananas (although I may miss them too much). Will also up the pulses and lentils along with the other P foods

Hope it works for us :)

I have a good feeling about following EE but using the speedier "frees"

Fingers crossed

Interesting chat with a consultant yesterday - very taken aback by the way that people seem to have pounced on the SP plan and talk about it as if it were the main plan, particularly on forums and facebook pages. He thinks it probably would have been better if the SP plan had been published in a separate booklet.

The reason for the lack of detail in the SP plan is that it isn't supposed to be a flexible plan, it's for a couple of days when you stick to exactly what it says, then go back to the main plan. It was supposed to be simple!

Oh, I forgot to thank SlimmingKitchen and GlitterMonkey for their support :)

It's just that I was hoping for a big push towards target - but it's still a loss and I'll up the S and P foods and see what happens :)

Butternut squash and lentil soup for lunch, followed by a peach and a nectarine (just had an apple)

Smint, I often find it takes 2 weeks for the scales to 'catch up' for me - if I'm on plan in Week 1 and off plan in Week 2, I tend to see a stay-the-same or a gain in Week 1 and a loss in Week 2! Wishing you luck for this week anyway :)

I'm on my 2nd day of SP, not too bad so far but I saved my 2nd HEB to have with dinner to make it easier to adjust yesterday, and didn't use any of the HEBs marked with an S! It's going OK so far though, I'm finding the extra structure suits me. Heading out at lunchtime today to buy in more S and P food!

Oh, I forgot to thank SlimmingKitchen and GlitterMonkey for their support :) It's just that I was hoping for a big push towards target - but it's still a loss and I'll up the S and P foods and see what happens :) Butternut squash and lentil soup for lunch, followed by a peach and a nectarine (just had an apple)

You are very welcome Hun.
That's what SW buddies are for. Stick with the plan and you'll get it off next week I bet. Some people find this in the second week.

I've enjoyed doing SP but like others have said because its all the rage and talk at the moment it think people are using it as a main plan when really its only there as a boost.
I only did it this week to get off my Christmas gain and it worked so I'm happy.

Now I will only do SP a couple of times a week or so to limit my carb intake before weigh in as I do sometimes get bloated lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for this thread, I'm rejoining tomorrow after going off the rails in September and have been hearing a lot about this new plan, so excited to try it.

I joined a group last night and did my first day of SP- I found it quite easy but I used to love red days when I did the plan 8 years ago :)
I had a lovely evening meal which was really quick to make after work. I just stir fried some lamb, peppers, onions, mushrooms and baby sweet corn and had it on a bed of spinach and rocket, so simple but it was lovely :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I joined a group last night and did my first day of SP- I found it quite easy but I used to love red days when I did the plan 8 years ago :)
I had a lovely evening meal which was really quick to make after work. I just stir fried some lamb, peppers, onions, mushrooms and baby sweet corn and had it on a bed of spinach and rocket, so simple but it was lovely :)

That sounds beauty hun. I'm glad you enjoyed it xxx

That sounds beauty hun. I'm glad you enjoyed it xxx

I'm a rubbish cook, my other half usually does all the cooking so for someone who burns toast every time I make it I was quite pleased with myself x

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else doing SP has felt woozy at all?

I've been ok but often at the beginning of what amounts to quite a reduced diet, people do get a bit headachey or light-headed. Are you drinking plenty of fluids too? Make sure you're having sufficient of the allowed foods, so that you aren't too hungry and have your snacks and healthy extra's too. It should get easier over a few days. You could post up what you're having, and people can check to see if you're having enough.

Pete’s (SP) Chicken & Veg (2015)

Serves 2
Ingredients
½ Broccoli head (s)
½ Cauliflower head (s)
1 Knorr Chicken stockpot
2 Skinless chicken breasts (p)
50mL Hot water
60g Strong cheddar (2 Hea/2= 1Hea per person)
100g Frozen peas (p)
Schwartz “perfect shake” chicken herb & spice blend
S & P

Method

Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the chicken blend, coat both sides then place in a frying pan, sprayed with frylight, and cook both sides of the chicken, turning over from time to time.
Add the stockpot & hot water, continuing cooking the chicken for 20 mins.
In a saucepan, filled with hot water, cook the veg for 8 mins then drain, check that chicken is fully cooked, then plate up in an oven dish, cover with the cheese & grill until the cheese has melted.
View attachment 162454

oh wow do you mind If I share this recipe please? It looks amazing xxx

I've been ok but often at the beginning of what amounts to quite a reduced diet, people do get a bit headachey or light-headed. Are you drinking plenty of fluids too? Make sure you're having sufficient of the allowed foods, so that you aren't too hungry and have your snacks and healthy extra's too. It should get easier over a few
days. You could post up what you're having, and people can check to see if you're having enough.

hi thanks for th reply - I've drank 2 huge bottles of water and had decaf tea to drink. To eat I've had:

B: porridge (half milk/half water) with mixed berries
L: chicken, leak and carrot soup
T: steak, carrot and swede mash, peas and broccoli
syns: options hot choc, treat size matesers (7 syns)

im definitely not hungry been making huge plates to compensate for lack of carbs and not managing to finish them. Hopefully it's just my body adjusting after a christmas of food, wine and chocolate. I don't feel ill just a bit weird.

really want to stick it out as I can see it's working even after 3 days!

hi thanks for th reply - I've drank 2 huge bottles of water and had decaf tea to drink. To eat I've had:

B: porridge (half milk/half water) with mixed berries
L: chicken, leak and carrot soup
T: steak, carrot and swede mash, peas and broccoli
syns: options hot choc, treat size matesers (7 syns)

im definitely not hungry been making huge plates to compensate for lack of carbs and not managing to finish them. Hopefully it's just my body adjusting after a christmas of food, wine and chocolate. I don't feel ill just a bit weird.

really want to stick it out as I can see it's working even after 3 days!

It could well be sugar withdrawal if, as you say, you've over indulged lately and then suddenly cut it out. Sounds like you've had plenty of fluids. You could fit in more protein possibly but you said you're not feeling hungry. It should soon go. Good luck with getting a loss after sticking to it. :)

Back