Extra Easy Extra syns allowed due to been very overweight!?

Bugsy30

I'm doin slimming world at home, and I just read a post there where someone was given an extra 15 syns by the consultant?! Can anyone confirm that for me'?!

i have lots to lose and haven't been given extra syns.

when i was doing SW a few years ago the consultant at the time said i could have 20 a day, but my losses weren't very good until i dropped to 15 a day.

mod-karen79 said:
i have lots to lose and haven't been given extra syns.

when i was doing SW a few years ago the consultant at the time said i could have 20 a day, but my losses weren't very good until i dropped to 15 a day.

Thanks a million for that, would be raging if I was missing out!!!

I am very overweight and did not hear of anyone having extra sins, I am trying not to have 15 a day as I am on a SW mission now :D xxxx

I just read it earlier!! I'm trying to have full 15 coz when I get down a bit and reach a plateau how do I still lose weight!!??
In ww u get less points but wat happens in sw

I am a big'un and i'm on 15 syns a day.

It is up to the individual consultant whether to give someone with a lot of weight to loss more than 16 syns a day. But to honest I think it is really rare - in the last ten years I have only heard of one person who was given 20 syns a day because they had 7 stone to lose. That said I had 7 stone to lose and I was on 10 syns a day (in the old days when most people worked to 10) so clearly there are no strict rules about when to apply it. If I were you I would just go with the standard 15 a day which is plenty for a few treats and still lose weight.

I started out with 15syns a day as an extremely large person - part of me now would wish i had more so as to slow the weightloss down in the first part of the journey - which is probably where the idea came from for some consultants to advise extra syns for those who are larger as sometimes it can come off very fast if you have it to loose (and boy did i have it to loose in abundance).

I lost a stone in my first week, and the second stone took another two weeks and i would regularly post 4 or 5lb a week losses (sometimes more) - all with 15syns a day, every day, religiously. Over time i found my syns per day did come down but only naturally as the journey progressed. but maybe slowing things down a little may have been a better things down - as there were times i was worrying that i was loosing too much too quickly.

I just read it earlier!! I'm trying to have full 15 coz when I get down a bit and reach a plateau how do I still lose weight!!??
In ww u get less points but wat happens in sw
With Sw as you learn to eat more and more sensible options, your appetite will get less and you will naturally put less food on your plate and you will not need all those syns every day.xx

I have!!!!!! I'm not massively over weight so I'm paranoid now???
My consultant has given me 15 per day plus 15 extra for the week??? 120 in total ?

Thinking - I have just had a baby (3 months) could this be why?

I don't understand why you would want more syns, surly that's what got us all in this state in the 1st place?? It's all about making lifestyle changes and so not wanting/eating the crap I've lost nearly 5 stone so far and got another 3-4 stone to go, I have 5-8 syns a day as I don't want to get back into old habits. And I don't find I'm missing eating the crap x

Sorry if this seems a bit blunt (I'm not wanting to upset anyone) it's just i don't understand xx

I don't WANT them? I'm just doing what my consultant has told me to do? I've never done SW before so I don't know whats 'right' or 'wrong' and to be honest, that extra 15 I barely touch?
I can see your point about the crap definitely, i use my syns mainly on sauces & salad cream etc rather than crap - but like I said, my consultant told me to have the extra until i've lost a bit then we will reassess so is she wrong?

anna r, not really sure if she is wrong but like you said you have not long since had a baby so maybe thats why, and my last post was more for everyone not aimed at just you xx

like i said i think i get a bit anal about it sometimes and am also too strick with myself its just i am an all or nothing woman lol xx

Sorry hun, questioning it a bit myself, bit upset that I may be doing it wrong as I really do want to lose this baby weight, but she (my consultant) has great successes and I have to say I'm losing weight well. She also keeps on about making sure you do use your quota of syns (again, not necessarily through crap but other things) as it can help your loss? Confusing.
Although just been through my food diary and i've only used 91 syns this week and weigh in is tomorrow, there is no way i will have 15 syns tom, so maybe I have been having just the 15 a day anyway...?
I'll ask her at group tomorrow - see what she says and report back! x

i think somethimes you just have got to do what feels right, we are all differant and what works for one may not work for another,i know if i had 15 syns a day i would not be getting the good weight losses i am getting each week, like i said im an all or nothing woman!!
good luck with your weigh in tomorrow xxx

Thanks!

Back