Eyes on the prize

Thank you for your comment on my diary. Just took some time to read through some pages of yours.
Baby scan pic is lovely! How are you feeling with the pregnancy? Have you suffered from sickness much or have you been ok? x

Hi Laura. Thanks for popping by. I've been fine. I suppose in comparison to other women I shouldn't complain....but I do lol! I am yet to find out what it is that is meant to be enjoyable about pregnancy! Yes in 18wks I'll have a son or daughter which is exciting and I cant wait to meet him/her but getting to that point is poop lol! Do u have kids yourself?

Hi Laura. Thanks for popping by. I've been fine. I suppose in comparison to other women I shouldn't complain....but I do lol! I am yet to find out what it is that is meant to be enjoyable about pregnancy! Yes in 18wks I'll have a son or daughter which is exciting and I cant wait to meet him/her but getting to that point is poop lol! Do u have kids yourself?

A few of my friends have said the same thing...They can't figure out what is meant to be enjoyable about pregnancy either.
Are you going to find out whether it's a him or her?
I don't have kids...although I hope to in the not-so-distant future.x

No we've already had our 20wk scan and didnt find out. Keeping it a surprise :)
I have been soooooo irritable since Wednesday. Like every single wee thing is getting right on my nerves. Now work is over tho I can perhaps mellow out a little lol!

Apparently pregnancy does make you really easily irritated. Hopefully you can relax for the weekend! :)

Congrats my fellow mummy to be! xx

Morning everyone.

So I am now 24+1wk pregnant. I was weighed at my 1st midwife appointment and was 15st 10lbs. Which is fine cos looking back on this diary I started out not far short of 17stone. This morning I weighed myself and am 16stone 12lbs. Now I know some of this will be baby but for nearly 20wks I have been eating like a maniac. A typical day these days is 2 cereal bars for breakfast, huge chocolate bars as snacks. Lunch is dolmio pasta pots and a filled roll and a cake and snaking on pouches of maltesers etc. Its not on. What I eat...baby eats and I guess he/she isn't getting the best in there. I did think I wouldn't worry about weight gain in pregnancy and worry about it when the baby is here however I've used pregnancy as an excuse for too long. I should at least be trying to be healthy.

So whilst I'm not here to lose weight I am here again for accountability and at least see that I'm eating a healthy diet or a healthier one at least. I'm not even going to weigh myself weekly as I don't know whats fat whats baby or whats bloatedness but it is important that I try and make the next 15wks as healthy as possible.

Your support would be greatly appreciated at this time!

Thanks

Hi hun.
What you've said completely makes sense.
As you said...there is no point in weighing yourself as unsure how much weight to put down to baby and other pregnancy related issues. It's not really about "weight" at this point for you...its about healthier eating for you and therefore for baby. And knowing/recognising that something needs to change a bit is a big step. You have such great motivation with the baby :) and we are all here for support when needed xx

Hi hun, I totally get where you're coming from.. when I first found out I was pregnant my cravings were all over the place, alls I was doing was eating!! I've put on over 2 stone and still have 2 months to go yet. It's hard when your hormones are all over the place, but try and take it a meal at a time....xx

Awww thanks girls. Today hasnt been so bad. I feel like I have eaten lots but my fitness pal says its all ok so far :) although I do have a creme egg easter egg sitting on my desk that is just shouting on me at the moment.

So far today I have had:
Breakfast: coconut yogurt and satauma
Lunch: heinz ckn and veg soup with roll + ham sandwich + bag of walkers cheese and onion crisps.
Snack: 100g fresh coconut
Dinner: will be seabass + veg and lemon sauce. After dinner I'd like to have lemon yogurt and strawberries.

So far better than what I have been eating and looks like I will be ok calorie wise as I'm allowed 2330 calories since I'm not dieting as such...just trying to maintain what I am at the moment.

I know my weight will go up with a growing baby but after baby is born I at least want to be under 17stone.

Thanks again for all ur support.

Keep it coming!

Food looks good for today! Nice healthy choices....For you and for baby :) x

Hey Tangerine, must be really difficult! Do you know that SW is pregnancy friendly? They have a special programme for mamas to be. My intention if I manage to fall is to continue with SW to try and minimise weight gain. I think it's approved because the focus is on eating well rather than restricting cals. Food for thought (excuse the pun lol)!!
Don't be hard on yourself though - ur busy growing a baby xxx

How you doing hun? xx

Back