Facial hair removal

Ooh cream sounds good. Atm I wax or thread. How thick is your hair?

I'd still recommend IPL treatment.

Has transformed my life.

You can get really good deals on groupon etc type websites...

me too! - IPL has been wonderful! As was laser -

- both stopped me being a slave to my wax/creams/tweezers all through the day!!

I'd love to try them but haven't got the dosh.I think my hair would grow back though, but still if I had the cash I would try.
Aymz , my face is pretty hairy all over,not just mussy but cheeks, chin,forehead.I hate the sunlight as it shows every hair.I have to use a nose trimmer too.:( I told you I'm a gorilla really !

I have pale skin with dark hair and have hair growth under my chin down my meck and have had a good result with ipl. Found a great lady who also has pcos and used the max strength on me. She uses a laser that also puffs out cooling air at the same time so my face doesn't get red or irritated and it's such a relief not to be constantly tweezing and making my skin red and getting ingrowns turning into spots. My skin is clearer and although I have a little scarring from all the spots etc its almost unnoticable. I'm saving up for a couple more sessions to.get the last few stubborn hairs. I've also.had my armpits done as I was having issues with excesive sweating. 4 sessions and they're almost bald

skint_chick said:
I have pale skin with dark hair and have hair growth under my chin down my meck and have had a good result with ipl. Found a great lady who also has pcos and used the max strength on me. She uses a laser that also puffs out cooling air at the same time so my face doesn't get red or irritated and it's such a relief not to be constantly tweezing and making my skin red and getting ingrowns turning into spots. My skin is clearer and although I have a little scarring from all the spots etc its almost unnoticable. I'm saving up for a couple more sessions to.get the last few stubborn hairs. I've also.had my armpits done as I was having issues with excesive sweating. 4 sessions and they're almost bald

Wow.. I want to get my legs done now!

skint_chick said:

That sounds like me. Glad you got good results, is really encouraging me to do it as soon as I can afford it.

I didn't even find it hurt much I found a bikini wax much worse! I even started to enjoy the slight smell of burning hair coz it meant they weren't coming back. It's been 6yrs since I got my legs done and the hair hasn't grown back although I did get the boots ipl and found it very weak compared to.salon laser obviously. I didn't get long term results and it was going to cost me more in new laser heads so imo save up for a salon.

Atm i wax my face and its sooo painful. Not only from waxing but i have quite bad acne as well so each time i irriate it and end up with scars. :( My hair is thick and coarse around my chin and underneath near the neck and on the rest of my face i have long blonde hairs. I spend about an hour waxing my face 2/3 times a week!

Question: Does shaving really make the hair darker?

There are loads of deals on groupon for IPL.. There's one now in the London area for 169 quid for 6 treatments.. Go for it!

140Aimee said:
Atm i wax my face and its sooo painful. Not only from waxing but i have quite bad acne as well so each time i irriate it and end up with scars. :( My hair is thick and coarse around my chin and underneath near the neck and on the rest of my face i have long blonde hairs. I spend about an hour waxing my face 2/3 times a week!

Question: Does shaving really make the hair darker?

Basically, waxing removes hair from the root so when it grows back it starts a new hair so the tip is thin and pointy. Shaving cuts the hair so it looks darker and thicker because the end is blunt.

Hi guys,

I had laser hair removal in 2010 through a chain called skin. Igot 25% off as I was a PCOS sufferer. Need a letter from my dr. Ihad4 treatments at 80 pounds each and I can honestly say it was the best thing I ever did. I was shaving daily and it looked like I had stubble, it was awful. But this treatment was amazi g and changed my life. Feel free to message me if you would like any further info. Xxx

Hi there,

Just reading your post can you tell me if laser hair removal is painful? I do have some facial hair but it's. Not that bad I tend to pluck the hairs out but I hate it when they grow through as they are really thick and dark so I'm looking into hair removal but just abut scared about the pain.

Hey everyone!
I am now 21 an have been suffering with facial hair since I was about 13/14.

I would have got called Hitler & teased about having dark hair around my face & quite long sideburns, I loved school & my own friends that accepted me but hated the people in my class that made my life hell.

I have always been quite close with both my parents but I was so embarrassed about having to shave my face that I kept it a secret for a year or so until my mother approached me about it and said she wanted to take me to the doctors.

After months, maybe even over a year of getting tests & scans done they diagnosed me with PCOS and offered me to have laser on my face on the NHS.
I thought it was absolutely aching but I dealt with it as it only lasted a few minutes & I knew the results where great!!

I loved and could finally stay in friends houses without being scared of waking up in the morning with stubble, I was just loving life BUT the NHS only gave me 10 sessions then I had to start paying for it on my own (which we could not afford) so now I am back to shaving everyday.. maybe twice a day if I'm going out at night and it is a complete nightmare! :(

They do tell you that the only thing to help this is to lose weight and that laser or Ny form of hair removal will not work and stop the hair from growing as it is one of the symptoms.

Why us, eh!? why do we have to have the trouble! :(

sorry for the essay, but I'll admit it feels so good to actually get that off my chest & out of my system! thankyou! :)

Nichola.. :)

Oh Nichola, your story made me sad .That's the thing about hair growth with PCOS , it won't stop.I got rid of mine with electroloysis but it all grew back.Had my red veins done ( I'm a lot older than you )- they came back.I wish I had a good suggestion - you need to find some funding to keep the laser treatments going .What a shame the NHS only allow ten sessions.How much is laser treatment by the way ? I know someone said a London price but we don't all live near London.
Glad you shared , it might make other young women less embarassed :)

awh, I didn't want to make anyone sad! lol.
yes that's right, they told me they could never fully prevent it from growing back.
my mum went for electrolysis and she spent a fortune also and now she has to sit and pluck!
I went back to see if they could & they gave me a cream (vaniqa) but it makes me break out quite a lot so i stopped using it although they told me that I have already had the help and that I will have to lose weight and see if that helps any but losing weight isn't just as simple as that!
Before I got the laser on the NHS my parents took me for a consultation and it was around £100, that was a good few years back so it may have changed & I also read that they give people with PCOS a discount so I could look into that a bit more!

Nichola.. :)

Hi All

Not sure if it helps, but! I'm currently going through Ellipse Laser Hair Removal Treatment. And so far the results are amazing. I used to have to pluck, shave or wax every day and now after only 3 treatments it's been 7 days since I last did anything :) I had to this morning as I'm going for my 4th treatment tonight and you have to before. But to be honest I didn't need to I couldn't see a thing. I've lost over 4 stone and the facial hair didn't get any better :(. So far this treatment has been a god send and I'm keeping everything crossed for it to be permanent. I was warned (as I have PCOS) that I may have to go back to the clinic every 6 months or for a top up. But to be honest twice a year compared to every day is amazing :)

Good luck to anyone who tries it, I will keep everything crossed for you. xxx

i too have pcos - diagnosed when i was 19, im 29 now. i have struggled with my weight, unwanted body hair and infertility. i have noticed that my symptoms worsen when i miss a period - i will put weight on and my facial hair will get worse. yet when i have regular periods, my facial hair is light, thin and doesnt grow as fast. i can also loose weight easier when i have regular periods - but when my periods stop, i struggle so much to loose weight.
i also have hair on my boobs, my belly, my bikini line is like a jungle! i have hair on my fingers, my toes and my back.
i hate pcos sooo much! i have paid for laser treatment, but the hair came back, i have shaved, used creams and im now waxing. ive found that waxing combined with metformin has made the hairs much lighter and thinner - however, the hairs are growing at different times (its all over my chin) so i do wax every 7 - 14 days. waxing so often has affected my skin and now i tend to get a strip of skin that comes off with the hair - which burns and scabs up and looks horrible! :( recently, i found that metformin had stopped working for me, so i increased the dose by an extra tablet a day - which has done the trick. :) i hate the facial hair so much - i even asked my gp for the drugs they give men who want to be a woman - im a woman who wants to feel and look like a woman. however, he refused to give me them. ;) lol.
xxx

Has anyone tried epilators? I can not afford laser treatment and waxing does work on my upper lip but not brow or chin.

Back