Facial hair removal

Marie can you not get the laser treatment on the nhs, I am currently getting free treatment on the nhs, although after getting my treatment yesterday have a face like a moon crater, thought it would start to get easier after the 5th treatment the hairs are getting finer but for some reason my face burns like hell for a few days after the treatment, I would definitely ask your gp and see if its available

Marie can you not get the laser treatment on the nhs, I am currently getting free treatment on the nhs, although after getting my treatment yesterday have a face like a moon crater, thought it would start to get easier after the 5th treatment the hairs are getting finer but for some reason my face burns like hell for a few days after the treatment, I would definitely ask your gp and see if its available
When I discussed hair removal to my Dr she suggested weight loss and Dianette pill when I had lost some more weight she never mentioned getting it on the NHS. Is there anyway to check if my PCT does this as getting a Drs apt is a nightmare and would prefer not to bother her if I can not. I have heard its rare to get it :(

i went to my gp on monday about my facial hair - he told me that the nhs would not fund the cream, lazer or the other pills he mentioned. the reason for the pills is because im over weight and need to loose 1 and a half to 2 stone before they would consider it. the only other pill was the dianette - but my mum has had strokes so its not suitable for me. but didnt give reason why they wouldnt fund the cream or lazer. i have to have bloods taken next week to check my hormones and if they have gone worse the gp will refeer me to a consultant, which i dont want as they have never been any help to me what so ever. just blame it on my weight - im either over weight or under weight! :s
xxx

xMariex said:
I saw a advert for a device called a no!no! has anyone else heard of it and have they tried it?

Not tried it but just saw it on groupon for 79.99 but it says not to be used on the face.

I looked at no no before I had laser and all the reviews I read are poor. Seems it just burns the hair but that can't be to the root?

I had PCOS for 5 years, although its all cleared up now, (No idea how) my hair is still there, i get it on my upper lip and a little under my chin, i shave every other day just to be sure as i even have nightmares over it! I wake up crying and having to check in the mirror to see even if i have slight stubble! I also have it on my chest, cleveage and stomic!
I just use normal leg shave gel and shave all the time, because i have black hair on my arms and legs aswell its normal for me to do them anyway i just do it without thinking, i tried waxing but its just not worth it, it grows back too quickly for me, bleaching didnt work either! Im going to stick to my good ole razer and hope no man ever finds out! 0.o
Good luck girlies finding a solution to your problem!

Ah yeah, good old pcos. I have really dark hair that grows down my throat, edge of my chin, sideburns, chest, nipples and on my stomach from about an inch above my belly button right the way down. Plus I have some at my shoulder blades.

My GP told me I needed to lose weight and the only thing they would help me with was fertility treatment if I needed it. She sent me to a consultant who said my ovaries looked normal on an ultra sound, so they've diagnosed me with "mild pcos". Super, since I have every other symptom of pcos going, and I do mean EVERY symptom. They wont investigte further with itnernal scans etc because I'm not trying for a baby.

Anyway, im getting side tracked. She changed my pill to Dionette, and it made my skin go really really dry and patchy and didnt make any difference to the hair. She then gave me vanqua (sp?) cream which was a complete waste of time. She told me theres nothing else they will do. Its as if they dont see it as a health problem, rather more of a cosmetic problem.

I can literally cry over it, and I do.

I went to transform cosmetic group for laser hair removal, and it was costing me £180 a trip, and that was only for 3 areas - I need treatment on 8 areas! So I lasted for 2 treatments and couldnt afford it.

I decided to go and get electrolysis on my face and nipples (and yes, it's damn sore! lol!) and I went for 30min treatments every 2 weeks what seemed like a lifetime. I couldnt sit for longer than 30mins at a time because of the pain. My beautician said to clear the hair on my throat would take an hour and a half sitting to get a full removal. I dont think its made any difference at all, whatsoever.

I went back to ipl and have had a further 3 treatments on my face and nipples, and they're still the same. Infact, my face seems worse for some reason. I've had to give up on it, again, because its so expensive and I'm working and paying for study at the same time just now, so its just not feasable to spend £200 a month, or more, on hair removal.

So, I'm back to my razer and tweezers, and dare I say it, a needle! I am completely ocd over the hair and I'll dig it out if i can see it under the skin.

Holding out for a new groupon offer and I'm just going to buy it. £100 for 6 treatments I think they are in Glasgow, so thats what I'm hoping for.

Hope theres one tomorrow.

Sorry, that was an essay.

No problem, sometimes we need to rant. I recently mentioned it again to my GP who was a locum. She gave me dianette which she said should help but she is also going to find out about laser treatment (I'm not hopeful). She said that outside of the M25 the NHS will give six sessions but not if you live in London. I really don't understand why but let's see how the dianette goes..I've only been taking it for 3 weeks.

I had really bad facial hair but i now have laser hair removal each month, ive had it for ten months now and it is amazing i cannot recommend it enough!! i used to have to shave the whole bottom half of my face every day, now i shave my neck once a week if that (hairs are a lot lot lighter now neway so i dont even have to do that i just like the smooth feeling!) and i use those hair removal pads on two little patches on my chin each morning or every other morning :)

Its not cheap but the way i see it, people buy clothes, make up, all sorts to make themselves feel good so this is the one thing i splash out on to improve my confidence etc :) sooo worth it and they always have deals on at the sk:n clinics, although they give a 20% discount to us PCOS ladies anyway :)

x

I had really bad facial hair but i now have laser hair removal each month, ive had it for ten months now and it is amazing i cannot recommend it enough!! i used to have to shave the whole bottom half of my face every day, now i shave my neck once a week if that (hairs are a lot lot lighter now neway so i dont even have to do that i just like the smooth feeling!) and i use those hair removal pads on two little patches on my chin each morning or every other morning :)

Its not cheap but the way i see it, people buy clothes, make up, all sorts to make themselves feel good so this is the one thing i splash out on

Sorry about my error above im a newbie and im not too sure how it works. I'm 28 and was diagnosed @18. Facial hair is ruining my life!!!!
Before I had kids I used to pluck the hair daily which could take over 2 hours every 3 days but I don't have time anymore so i started shaving 4 years ago. I tried everything on offer but nothing worked for me :'( I spend my time hiding behind scarfs, keeping my hair down over my face and wearing polo necks. I only kiss my husband in the morning in case he feels stubble in the evening, I have a fit if he tries to touch or kiss my neck and I don't let my kids get too close either especially since my dd @3 asked me why I have a scratchy face like her daddy. When I was in labour with my ds i was more worried about everyone seeing my stubble as i hadnt had the chance to shave than i was about the pain i was in :) i have never spoke to anyone apart from my gp about it this is the first time ive ever spoke so openly about it so thank u all for sharing ur stories, i feel in a way NORMAL!!! I would love to hear reviews of try no no from pcos suffers as i believe the new model does facial hair and i hope and pray it works i plan on ordering it next week :)

i've been told by my doctor that i cant have any lasery type treatment on the NHS. But apparently if i was undergoing male to female trans-op then i could! unfair!!!! if they want to live like women they should suffer like women!! i might get a mattesons sausage, put it in my pants and pretend to be a man and see if i can get me some laserage!!

hi i'm new i also suffer facial hair under my chin, am undr going tests for pcos as we are trying to concieve without success, i pluck mine, and save if time is sort, i used to just shave but ended up shaving daily sometimes twice a day so plucking is definatly better for me as lasts at least 2 days.

I have decided to bite the bullet and go for IPL. I sadly could not get it on the NHS so I have had to save up for it. Wish me luck!

I bought an IPL machine from Boots and it's great! I've had laser treatment in the past and it's good but expensive, and when the hair started to gently grow back we couldn't face spending that sort of money again so bought an IPL machine instead - I've been Reallly pleased with it - not as powerful/permanent as laser, but I only have to use it evey few weeks, which is amazing given that I usen to spend literally 3-4 hours a day plucking dark hairs from my face!

Enough said:
I bought an IPL machine from Boots and it's great! I've had laser treatment in the past and it's good but expensive, and when the hair started to gently grow back we couldn't face spending that sort of money again so bought an IPL machine instead - I've been Reallly pleased with it - not as powerful/permanent as laser, but I only have to use it evey few weeks, which is amazing given that I usen to spend literally 3-4 hours a day plucking dark hairs from my face!

Which machine did you buy?

Hiya. I don't know the name of it but I'm fairly sure it's Boots own. It's in a lovely white case (/ leather or leather effect) and it came with a starter pack of gel.

I think they say on them roughly how many uses/ zaps you get out of the machine and it's worth getting one with a lot of zaps/ uses
.. that's all I know I'm afraid
My OH did the research and bought it for me so he'd know more than me :)

Back