Failed:(

natlou79

Was going soooo well till last Saturday when I forgot my pack up for work and ended up heading down to the work canteen and all there was, was fish cakes:( then I had a few celebrations as a patient had bought a large tub for the ward staff. Sunday I tried to eat dukan style but yet again chocolate cake and biscuits were everywhere I turned:( and today I had a training seasion all day and managed a plain chicken breast and a small bowl of chocolate custard and now some pieces of KFC chicken:( what a failure I have been! Tomorrow I'm determined to be back on the dukan and hopefully but this lapse behind me! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thats the spirit, the lapse is a mere blip, weight loss is a marathon not a sprint, and you are not a failure, think positive and think about your excellent loss so far.

If any consolation, I stuffed a portion of a very fruit laden christmas pudding with a few desert spoons of condensed milk yesterday. But today back on track!
x

So, you messed up. Dust yourself down and carry on.

It's not all ruined for good or anything, you won't have put on all the weight you've lost by a few days off plan.

Ok, getting back on the wagon won't be fun, but think of it as a lesson learned. Next time if you have to have something not Dukan, remember that one meal off plan isn't going to ruin everything, there's no need to go in to catastrophe mode and eat all the carbs you can find!!

Hugs, be kind to yourself, do a couple of pp days and you'll be back on track.

LOL Natlou if you call that a fail then I really need to post when I 'fail' - it was a very minor blip that will not matter in the scheme of things if you are 'on track' for the rest of the week. Now if I had seen those Celebrations the whole tin would have been mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx

I like this sight for posts like these as I too have been off plan for a couple of days as I haven't been feeling well. Then I come on here and see all the posts spurring people on to do well and it makes me want to do well and get back on track so thank you all ?

we've all been there! at least you have 'fessed up & recognised that you're doing it rather than caught up in a complete whirlwind of carbicide!

when I've gone off plan (on a few occasions) I haven't even been able to face minimins.. feel far too guilty reading people's diaries when they've been doing so well & I've been stuffing my face..! :-/ good luck, it will be much easier once you're well & truly back on the wagon (& in ketosis). :)

I actually think your post is very positive!

A) confession is always like drawing a line in the sand, so that's youu done and dusted now and you can move on.

B) you've proved two points we always go on and on about here - that organisation is key (and next time you realise mid-morning you've forgotten your lunch, you'll think your way out of that paperbag BEFORE you get hungry...); the other, of course, is that we really only have to refuse ONE temptation. If we can refuse that ONE, we're fine. If we have it, the others follow sooooo easily...

Onward and offward...

You haven't failed at all - you are just learning new techniques to deal with the very difficult food environment in which we live in 2011, and where we will still live when we are the weight we want to be.

Thanku for the support!:) and yes i agree that if u have one, the rest follow! That's how it all happened:( I'm making sure I take no money to work and a pack up with me. Also going to the gym today and burn some of the carbs away:) xx

Do you have a locker at work where you can keep tins of tuna as they would be good in an emergency

No I don't, u can't sneak of to have a nibble either. I only have two 30 min breaks in 12.5 hour shift too, so bloody starving by time break comes around anyway! lol

Back