Failure is not an Option- My Diary

Day 57

Ok, today I have some goals that are easy to do...My goal for today is to drink 8 glasses of water. I have drank 2 glasses so far and I hope to have drank 8 glasses by the end of today....

My next goal is at the end of the day to write down in my book journal everything that I have eatten and my FINAL goal is to meditate for 15-20 minutes (which I have never done so will see how that goes)....I am reading a new healthy eating book and it looks more at the holistic point of view of being healthy. So that involves looking at physical, emotional, social in my life to be able to lose weight...

Until next time....

Ok, update from today...I had 6 glasses of water....which is alot and I am not going to have anymore coz then I will just be waking up all night to go to the loo...But I do have to say my energy levels went up today coz of the water...hmm, who knew...I will try to get 8 glasses but 6 seems like alot...the most I have ever had....

I have written in my journel book but I didn't have time to meditate, which isn't very good but 2 out of 3 is great.

I have been taking the bus this week and I didn't exercise...I have just been getting really lazy with it all but I am going to try and just do it...climb this hill and I will see the sunrise at the end when I am at the top...I have to give it my all....nothing is easy...

Until next time...

-------------
Day 58

Another month down and these are my weigh-ins for the last two weeks.

Wednesday 13th October 2010 ----> 12stones, 6Ib --> 174Ib -->79kg --> BMI = 26.8 --> Overweight.

Wednesday 20th October 2010 ---> 12stones, 5.2Ib --> 173.2Ib --> 78.7kg --> BMI = 26.67 --> Overweight.

So I lost 0.8Ib this week and shamefully lost 0.2Ib the week before and in two weeks I have a total of 1Ib, which I am happy with, I am losing the weight slowly but surely and last week I was just relieved that I didn't gain weight the way I was but I am happy with weight-lost and I know that I am losing more fat in my body now.

Body fat --> 28.9% Boday water --> 50.2%

I have reached one of my goals to have 30% or under fat % and I am happy with my water % because 50% is what we should have in our bodies all the time and it shows me that I didn't lose water but fat, which is what I really wanted....

My goals today are to meditate....that's the important goal for me today....I have to atleast try...I will also have a goal for me to carry on having plenty of water and have atleast 5 glasses of cold water and 1 glass of hot water...with lemon. And to write in my journey book aswell.

Until next time....

Day 59

Today has been really good, I woke up at 5am to do my coursework and I still have soo much energy...I thought I would have taken a nap or something...I did my dvd exercise today and I mediated aswell....I could only do 5mins but it's something and the more I will do it the easier and longer it will be.

I was in college and I saw my friend who I havent seen since june I think...so she was like have you lost weight....I was shocked that she even said it and then I was like no, no....then she was like you been exercising...I just laughed and told her noo...but It felt good and embarassing too,lmao...I didn't think it was noticeable to others but maybe coz I hadn't seen her in a while...like I can tell if my stomach is a few inches smaller coz I feel and pull it like everyday but it was good she said that and I do feel like certain areas of my body are more toned now.

I feel good and things with the healthy eating and workouts are looking on the up...

Until next time...

Hello Hope,

I was reading some of your last posts and I noticed that you're trying to drink more water. From my experience it is really worth it and once you get into the habit of drinking 8 glasses you feel thirsty when you don't drink all those glasses;)

The glass of hot water with lemon is something you drink first time in the morning? I heard it's good to do that, but I wonder if it really helps...

Also, congrats about your healthy eating and exercise, according your friend it is already paying off ;)

@Aline
Honestly, I had the lemon and hot water morning and night for like three weeks,I think and it didn't really do much....and in the end I just stoppd having it because it was too much...but people are different so I think you should try it for a week and see how it goes for you...I did find that when I had a late dinner it did help digest and get rid of the waste quicker...So I would say it's better to have it as the last thing of you're day. Hope that helped...and the lemon is just to make the water taste better but after awhile you won't even need it.

---------------

Day 60

Friday, half term next week...I am just so happy that today is over and done with.....
I went to tesco today and got some light choice tortillas for sunday...I will try and make nachos and we will see how it will turn out...It will be like a treat...a healthy replacements for crisps in a way.

Until next time...

Day 62

I have something bad to say....I snacked today....I went to london today for a girls day out with some friends and we went to the cinema and I had crisps and M&M's then we went to nandos...which was chips and chicken plus 7up drink...

I don't know how to feel....I didn't miss the food nor was like wow this is the best food ever, I can't live without it...I will take it as a one of...we did walk alot though, coz at one point we got lost in london but if I can just move on and carry on my healthy eating I will feel stronger but I think that's one of the hardest things to do....

we will see what happens...

Until next time.

Hello hope,

Don't be harsh with yourself. I try to eat healthy as well but I may confess I have the same problem as you do: when I'm socially I tend to eat with others what they eat... What I do is to limit those junk snacks to one or two days a week. Also I make sure I just buy healthy stuff to home and everything I cook is healthy, so I believe in the end everything balance.

Awesome to hear that your mate noticed the weightloss! It must really be showing. You should try keeping track of your measurements, bust, underbust, waist, etc. It's great to see where you're losing the weight from :)

Dw about the day out, everyone needs to eat some junk every now and then, and you probably walked it all off anyway :)

Keep it up babes.

@Aline
Yeah, having a balance is very good when trying to eat healthly..but I feel like if I am not hard on myself I will just slip up and go back to eating junk food...all day long and for me that was the main reason I gave up on my diets...

@Pink
Aw, thanks pink...I will try but I don't know if I will be able to measure myself proparly...I will try,lol.

--------------
Day 63
Weigh-in day

Wednesday 27th October 2010 ----> 12stones. 3Ib --171Ib --77.7kg -- BMI = 26.33 --> Overweight

I have lost 2.2Ib this week...I am so happy with this loss and I have really tried hard this week by exercising and eating the right foods and drinking plenty of water...excpt for monday but I walked alot in london...crazy...From my diary It looks like I need to have more dairy rich foods...milk and yogurt and all that...

I can't wait until I am in the 11 stones bracket....and I can feel my ribs just under my breasts now..lol, the things I notice...I feel like from all the attempts of losing weight before I have never lost this much nor has my body looked like this in years..

Before I would say ok...I will lose some weight on summer time like a few weeks before going on holiday but it would never last and now for the first time I can see myself hopefully achieving that goal for summer 2011.

Until next time...

Oh hun, I totally understand what you mean... when I slip I also have this "all or nothing" thinking pattern that makes me overeat/binge. It happend today (PMS didn't help the case), but I'm an optimistic person and eating crap once or twice a month doesn't make me gain like crazy;) Anyway, I want to improve this behaviour/thinking pattern as well.

Now, you girl, congratulations!!!:girlpower: 2.2lbs lost is great, your efforts are worth it, so keep up with it :D

@Aline Aw, thanxs and I think being optimistic is great, that's what keeps us going. :)

-----
Day 64

I did my davina dvd today and it's so weird, I haven't even done it 10 times already and it's been almost 2 months since I bought it. I do however, see the different and impact it has had on my body shape and toning.

I am so glad I didn't spend money getting a wii fit, it would have cost me around £200 but the davina dvd was only £12...So now I feel it was a great investment...

I also went on youtube and just searched about how to measure yourself...like where and all that and I found a really good video that showed me where to measure, what to wear when measuring yourself and how often.

I decided to measure myself this morning because I had eaten already yesturday and I prefer to do it first thing in the morning. Here are my measurements...

Chest --> 38

Arm = Left --> 12 Right --> 11.5

Stomach --> 33

Hips --> 40.5

Thigh = Left --> 25 Right --> 25.3

I will measure myself again in three weeks...now I just need to do the wallpaper in my bedroom...

Until next time...

Oh, using the itouch...luv the app.

Anyways...today has just been boring and i had a packet of microwaved popcorn...i dont really concider that as bad food but i feel really stuffed and i just feel like sh*t....sorry for the language but thats how i feel and it's night time and i just cant sleep so i am just going to do some push-ups and sit ups then take a shower and then i will go to sleep...

Until next time....

Day 67

Ok, let me rewind to yesturday....I watched like 7 hours of television from 2pm to 9pm...that was just watching movies, xfactor, strickly and more...As I watched...I ate and I sat down and did nothing. So at the end of the day I was in a funk....my brain was dead...doing nothing for so long....I just feel like my brain switched off and I start feeling down and I wanted to eat more....

So last night I just wanted to do something...so I did do some push-up's and sit-ups...not even coz of the weight or whatever but because I just wanted to do something...to get my brain thinking again and it worked...after the exercising and the shower I felt so much better and I started linking the connection with my moods and television and it made sense.

Like some time ago I read an article about 20 people and they had all lost weight to their ideal goal....with a healthy BMI and all that but out of those people only 8 people after 3 years had been able to maintain the weight...the rest gained the weight back...Some of the things that the people who had maintained their weight-loss had done that I remember and when I read it I was like..."Yeah, whatever." Was they had reduced or stopped completly on watching television and usage of the computer...

Television to me and millions of people is a part of life and I cannot see myself without watching tv...I luv ugly betty, x factor, waterloo road, 90210, how i met your mother...I can go on.....But when I do watch tv for a long period of time that is when my cravings get really bad and I might lose this weight and I might maintain it but at one point or another I will crack and I will just eat junk food and more junk food because of excess usage of television or the computer...

That is why starting tomorrow I will reduce my tv and free computer time (excluding doing work) to watching only must watch shows, that I love. I find myself wasting so much time watching tv in my life that I could be using to do other things....

This is going to be hard...but realising that tv is a problem is half of the journey so...I will slowly reduce my time and will see how it goes and what effects that might have on me...

Until next time....

Oh hun, I understand you. TV can, in fact, be addictive, hopefully I don't have much free time to watch it anymore.

@Aline, lol glad to see I ain't the only one who thinks that about tv. :)

----------------

Day 70

Oh my days, today has been...Well...Until today I didn't know how guys cud make you feel, it's crazy...It's like you can't think of anything else...I don't know...having guy problems is not very good,lol...I will just leave it in the hands of God...Everything happens for a reason so I will just let it happen...worrying won't change anything...

Moving on, umm, I weighed myself today and I stayed dot on the same weight...I was shocked then as I thought about it more...it made sense the over-eating on saturday...and it was half-term this week and on most days I didn't do that much exrcise....plus I only exercised on thurday that week...not good...Now I think I am lucky that I stayd the same...I will try and change my diet and we will see what happens next week...

Lol, just thinking how weird life is...you really never know what in the world is going to happen next.

Until next time...

Day 76

Things have been stressful, busy, stressful, busy but now things are looking on the up...I think.

Wednesday 10th November 2010 ----> 12stones, 1Ib --> 169Ib -->76.81kg --> BMI = 26.0 --> Overweight.

I wasn't sure what I was going to weigh myslf today but I did and I have lost 2pounds and I am 1 pound away from being in the 11stones bracket...I am so happy and hopefully in the next 2 weeks I will reach my goal...Wow, I can't believe I am almost there...

Until next time.

Congrats hun for your loss!!!

About the stress, well, diaries are good to vent, so whenever you feel the need, we're here to listen to you:) Anyway, I'm glad things are getting better.

That loss surelly is a reason to smile;)

@Aline lol, I will try that next time when I feel like venting. :)

-------------

Day 76 (-2)

Ok, so I had written a full post about everything and it's now gone...like really now it took me like an hour to write it on here.... so I am just gonna keep this short now...

Umm, so these last two days haven't been good healthy eating wise...yesturday I had chips and chicken...from the chip shop and today I had a galaxy bar, 2 smarties boxes, 1 packet of crisps and a packet of cherrydrops...I just gave in and I feel half bad about it coz I really enjoyed the junk food expercially the smoky bakon crisps...like I have never tasted a packet of crisps that were so good..hmm

But now I will just move on and drink plenty of water and exercise...will see...but you know...ishh happens I guess...

Until next time...

Day 78

Oh my what a good weekend I have had...On saturday I decided I was going to walk....So I woke up at around 8.30 and I left the house at 9.30 after having eggs for breakfast...I walked to town and back but I went the long way and that mean't I had to go down and back up a long hill...It wasn't that bad but when I was going up...I started breathing heavly and controling my breathing but when I got to the top...I felt so good. It was amazing...Ohh and I always take the bus to town so one of the bus drivers that I know saw me like four times and he was always like you wanna come in...but I cudn't this was something I had to do...

In town I got special kelloggs K....and today when I had them for breakfast they tasted quite good...Might try the strawberry and chocolate one's next time...who knew cereals cud be so good,lol....Today I walked to sainsberry's which is also quite a distance it was around 1 hour walking distance and there was also a hill...I luv hills...like this morning I could feel that my inner thighs had been worked...I did stretch before and after working out...

I know I had a slip up on thurday/friday but I don't think I can see myself going back to my eating habit....let's hope so ehh...

Until next time...

Back