Failure is not an Option- My Diary

Those are awsome walks Hope, well done;)

About the special K cereal, I love the chocolate and strawberry ones but I just buy it from time to time because they're a bit addictive and I finish a box in a few days (sometimes in two days, *shame*). So, for me the safer is to buy regular special k ceral; the others are for treats oce in a while:)

@Aline, lol, I thought having chocolate for breakfast was too good to be true. I like the taste of the original special k so I think I will stick to those but I did by the bar's and when I am hungry I will have them.

---------------
Day 85

So last week wednesday I weighed myself and I had gained 2 pounds, I wasnt surprised one bit because of the things I had eaten but I moved on and I started walking more and this week I have reached my goal of being 12stones on the dot...

When I saw it on the scale I was so happy...it doesn't feel real...Like 3 months ago I started this and now I am 10 pounds lighter...I never thought I would get here but I am so happy...Slow and steady surely will win the race,lol.

I was thinking of doing Yoga....because of all this walking and exercising I feel like my body stiff, my back and left calve was killing me yesturday coming home but I will probably start doing that soon and will see if that help with releasing the tention and muscle cramps in my legs...

Ohh yeah, I was watching my family on channel 4 yesturday and there was a big sister she wasn't overweight but her younger sister was overweight and she was trying to help her and guide her to get healthy and I thought that was really good because it would have been great if I had a bigger sister there to talk to and help me through this journey....but im glad I have this site... :)

Until next time....

YAY, 10 pound are gone :)
And I agree with you, slow and steady wins the race; our bodies and minds need time to adjust consistently to new lifestyles;)

Hope your muscles will feel better soon. Anyway, as the time goes on your body will get used to exercise.

xx

Aw, thanks Aline and I think ur right about the mind and body getting used to the new lifestyle that's probably why my other diets failed so bad,lol. xx

---------------

Day 86

Breakfast: Kelloges special K (30g)

Lunch/Dinner: McDonalds

Snack: Sugar free Chewing gum, special K bar and peanuts

Ok, I thought I'd write down what I ate today. So I walked to college today and then after college I went to a university to hand in some paperwork and it took 2 hours to get there by car.

So we got to the Uni at around 16:30 and then I just had McD's coz it would take another 2 hours to get home and I wouldn't be in the mood to cook...So my lunch and dinner was McD's and I had the big mac meal. But I only had the big mac and half the chips plus half of the coke...I wish I had savoured the taste. Shame.

Also I have decided to weigh myself once every 2 weeks not once everyweek...It's like one week I either stay same, gain weight or whatever and then the second week I lose a good amount so that's why I think that weighing myself once every two weeks will be good.

Soo tired....

Until next time....

All of the walking sounds great! I'm sure you'll start to notice a difference in your fitness soon if you keep it up :)
Hope everything goes well.

Aww,thank u pink :)

--------

Ok, its like 1am now and i cant sleep,lol.
I have slipped up real bad....so my dad buys 2 packets of sensentions the big ones for 79p it was like buy one get one free... He says its a treat... Blah...i try to resist but i fail in two days i have finished both packets and with the weather i took two days ofc college n i just feel bad...

Tomor i will be detoxing my body....i just feel so bad and i feel like i need a fresh start so that i can proparly get back on track n i really need to update this diary daily,lol. I am so close i cant go back to what i was now...ohh i hope tomor or i guess its today goes well...only water all day. Hmmm sorry for the spelling mistakes on ipod.

Until next time.....

Oh hun here it's 2am, lol. Fortunatelly I don't have to wake up early tomorrow:p

I've slipped real bad today... It's a pattern I reppeat almost every weekend *sigh*
Fortunatelly tomorrow it's a new day and I'll be a good girl!

Good luck with the detox;)

xx

Aw, thanks aline and yeah weekend are so bad,lol

-----------

DAY 94

I feel like I can't not resiste tempetion now aday,it's weird.

Anyways, my detox only lasted until 2pm I was soo hungry by then and I just needed some food. :( BUT I did however exercise and i hadnt done that in 3 weeks.. which is bad...

but I will reduce my portions of food and will see how that goes.

I just feel like I am holding on to a small thread and soon I will just give up completly....I dnt knw...

Until next time...

Hun, weight loss is a journey with ups and downs. You must see the downs as challanges that you'll overcome:)
Easier said than done, I know... but soon or later things improve, trust me;)

How were you detoxing?

I already made several detoxes in the past: fasting (for 6 days) master cleanse (7 days) and low fat raw food - only raw fruits and veggies (for 7 days).

Nowadays I only do short detoxes around once a month. I recently made a raw vegan day with fruits and veggies. You can see that on my diary here: http://www.minimins.com/2999474-post99.html

xx

Don't slip back now! I've just sat and read through your whole diary, the start is so familiar, I barely last long on diets. You've inspired me :)

I really hope you get to your goal!

... Those sensations though, my god they're good!

Aww, thank you Batfitch, to know that I have inspired someone on my rollercoster of a journey is great. And I understand how you feel about lasting long on a diet, I really don't know how I have managed this long...But you can do it there will be moments when you feel amazing doing it. :)

@Aline I like that "See the down's as challenges that you will overcome," Also I think that the raw food detox might be better than the water dotox because it's so hard not eating, I am going to check your diary out now... xx

--------------

Day 95

I am going to do this, one day at a time and just see how that goes, today has been a good day and I didn't have any junk food and I walked from college back home and that includes going up a massive hill...my legs...oh...my poor legs.

Breakfast- Speacial K cereals

Lunch- Noodles and I like putting ketchup on them as they cook

Snack- Special k bar, banana, apple

Dinner- Spaghetti and meatballs and blueberry juice

Wow, looking at what I have written I am not having enough fruits and dairy rich foods...hmm need to sort that out and I had 1L of water...which for me is a working progess.....I can never hit that 2L mark..

Sleeping early today, well that's the plan anyways...

Until next time.

:D

One thing, Special K is sooo high in sugar. If you're finding it hard eating less, you could pick a cereal without so much sugar in it and be allowed more of it for breakfast for the same amount of calories.

I don't know how you feel about tuna pasta. But I used to make and awesome dinner of it.

60g wholewheat speghetti, half tin of tuna, 20g mayo or as much extra light mayo as you please, tonnes and tonnes of cucumber, peppers, red onion and sweetcorn. Mmmmm!!!!

That's about 360 calories and it's huuuuuuge. Stick some black pepper on it ;) It really really helped me before, i'm going to start making it again. I lost 6 lbs in a week by eating stuff like that before and wasn't hungry, before i fell off the wagon and started ordering chow meins again :(

I'm going to start a diary I think. Tomorrow. No food in the house today so i'm stuck with cereal and a tin of soup :/

xxx

Your day sounds so healthy Hope, well done! About the fruit thing I think you're fine. Banana, apple and fruit juice is more fruit than most people I know would eat:p

And good job with all that walking;)

Good night
x

Thanks Aline, I like walking now feels so weird,lol xx

@Batfitch
To me it's not really about the sugar coz most foods have sugar but the nutrients that I get from the food and having a good balance/ moderation. And they have less sugar than all the junk i used have...lol. but i mix up my breakfast from here and there and I really love the special k cereals but thanks for the advice. :)

------------------

Day 96

Ok, today was another good day and I yesturday I ended up sleeping at like midnight, I just couldnt sleep...

Breakfast- Special K cereals

Lunch- baguette sandwich with scrambled eggs, cheese, some lettuce, carrots and tomato

Snack- Apple, orange, strawberry yogurt and peanuts.

Dinner- Roasted potatoes, turkeys steack, mixed vegetables and blueberry juice.

I like my food diary today,I had my five a day fruits and veggi's and I had enough dairy, carbs, and proteins. Also I had 1L and 200ml's of water so that's progress aswell.

Until next time...

Last edited:
Your day sounds so well balanced:) I love Special k as well (I just can't buy the chocolat one because I overeat on that), but the original and red fruits ones I buy sometimes.
Right now I'm more on a weetabix kick, but thei aren't very tasty so I may move to apecial k again soon.

Also, it's nice that you're increasing the water intake;)

Good night xx

@Aline I have the special k chocolate and strawberry's and I also have to stop myself from going in and having seconds,lol...

--------------

Day 97

I wasnt going to weigh myself this week but I did anyways and I have lost 1.8Ib since my last weighing of 12stones and I now weigh 11stones and 12.2pounds...I am just so happy that I am in the 11stones bracket and it feels amazing...that's all I can say...wow!

Breakfast- Oatmeal with an egg york and milk mixed in with it.

Lunch- brown bread (toasted) and beans and a banana

Snack- 1 oreo biscuit, orange, apply, strawberrys, peanuts

Dinner- Rice, homemade patties, mixed veggies and blueberry juice

I had an oreo biscuit today because in college my friend offered it to me as we were walking to a lesson and it was weird because I remember when I started this...and people used to offer me sweats I would make up an excuse and say no and now I just think it's just a sweat it won't kill you or affect my healthy eating I am having a good amount, which equals 10 kcals.

And I haven't had an oreo in llike 5 years and the biscuit tasted really good...My friend she is so healthy like...she is quite short but she goes to the gym like 3-4 times a week and she has abs and muscles...not massive ones but she is quite fit...She also has protein drinks and all that but she also has some junk food aswell but not alot.

I like that she takes care of her body inside and out coz her style, nails and hair is always looking good...Ok, enough about her...today I was going to be late getting to college I remember I just started to power walk and I made it JUST on time before I was marked in late...And from that power walk it gave me the idea to power walk home and I got home like 15mins earler than when I walked normal...

And going up the hill usually takes 6-7 minutes but surprisly it took me 2minutes...yes, 2 minutes but as I was going up...Lord have mercy I wanted to drop on the floor...my legs and my heavy breathing....it was a killer but when I was done and at the top...after my breathing had gone down I felt good about it....lol...might do it again tomor...might...just might.

Ok, that was my day...

Until next time...

You had a great day again:)

I think that eating a sweet here and there is fine; I eat one soy dessert every other day (sometimes daily) and a biscut here and there and don't regret it. Tbh I wouldn't stick to a healthy lifestyle if I'd never eat pizza or a dessert, so I allow myself a few treats.

I'm impressed that you hadn't an oreo in 5 years, I find them so yummy, I just don't buy them often because I'm not very good at eating only one, usually I eat the whole serving (four):p

xx

Today is day 101 for you right? That is pretty amazing love!

lol aline, I wud have probably had the packet if they were mine. xxx

And thank you Elm, I didn't even realise It was 100 days, wow, it's weird to see how long it's been. :)

-----------------

Day 105

Ermmi found this site and I thought i shud post it here but if against the rules to post other websites, soz, I will delete it but I feel like since its helping me someone else might find it useful...Anyways I found this site coz I was looking for workout vids on youtube and now the way I eat and the my exercises are changing...

Breakfast- cooked Broccoli and boiled eggs mixed together

Lunch- Beans and toast

Second lunch sorta- Celery, grapes and greek yogurt.

Snacks- I baked a healthy banana cake, I had a piece today, special k bar, banana and a pear

Dinner- havent had that yet

Just looking at my diary it's crazy coz i hardly ever have broccoli but now I have it for breakfast and for celery...I am kindoff on the hate/dislike feeling from it but with the yogurt and grapes its actually not that bad...

Exercise- I tried one of the challenges and oh my gosh, my legs and stomach were in just in shock, cos it was intense,lol

I feel so happy, I have closed for christmas yay no more waking up early. I was so busy this week though, it was crazy...all the coursework and everything...now I can relax.

Until next time...

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

Last edited:
Thanks for the website! The girl in the picture has an amazing body, makes me dislike her a tiny bit haha

Back