Failure is not an Option- My Diary

The cravings and temptetions were crazy today, the chocolates, crisps everything just in my face...but I lived through it and didn't give in.

Day 10

Pre-Breakfast- Hot water and lemon.

Breakfast- Muesli and water.

Snacks- 2 Banana's, A Peach and sweatcorn.- I didn't have time to prepare something for lunch.

Dinner- Rice and chicken + salad and blueberry juice.

Exercise- I didn't exercise today...Was to busy and wasn't really feeling like doing any workout's.

Another day down...

Until next time...

So I have been doing alot of thinking about this and I have decided that I am not going to weigh myself from now on. Being 10stones or 11 or whatever stones...it's just a number. However, the feeling that I will get when your legs are toned and your tummy is flat enough to fit into a top you like and look good. Being able to look in the mirror and say "Wow, don't I look good." The scale doesn't tell you or show that, it's just a bunch of numbers that are seen as being evidence to what you are doing.

If I can look in the mirror and believe that I look good and I can wear whatever I want from a dress to any top then I don't care what the scales say. And I take that as me moving forward in my journey to be healthy in life.

Furthermore, I have decided to change the way I exercise because this workout is so perfect for my body and because it's easy. I can do it and I have probably done it more than enough times but unlike this time without eating healthly. So it's not a challenge at all for my body and that's why I am going change it up abit.

I have decided to get a Davina fitness dvd...I went to town to get her superbody workout Dvd but it was sold out everywhere and there was a box set which was too expensive for a dvd and from the reviews it seemed that, that dvd was the best to get so now I will be ordering it from amazon. So will see how that goes...

Day 11

Pre-Breakfast- Hot water

Breakfast- Muesli and water

Lunch- Sandwich of brown bread and avocado and eggs. + water

Snacks- A peach and orange.

Dinner- Rice and fish + mixed vegetables +orange juice.

Exercise- None today....

Didn't think I'd be feeling this nor it would this hard,lol. Think about that prize at the end....hmmm.

Until next time....

Last edited:
I was soo busy yesturday with getting my hair done, sorting out some things and all that. I didn't get to update here. Today is the same but I have few minutes....

I haven't given up on my healthy eating...It is getting harder, with my cravings for crisps and crackers...it's seems like the easy way out but something...I don't know what has been with me keeping me strong through this. Even though it feels like I am at a stand still...no exercise probably no weight loss I have still got my healthy eating.

But I envy some people who can just change their diet and BAM...their losing the weight for just eating less. Lucky..lucky bishes,lol. Hopefully, when I go back to college..(nooo)...Tomorrow I will be walking more and that will help with the weight loss and I have ordered the dvd today...

Also I got the calorie counter & diet tracker My fitness pal app...Hope that helps.
Day 13

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs and water.

Snack- Yogurt

Lunch- Soup

Dinner-Meal maze and chicken and salad +blueberry juice.

Exercise- None today....

I feel like I am at a stand-still right now....but I know this will only make me stronger to be able to succeed and be and look healthy for a life time...

Until next time....

Last edited:
Hope, keep going your doing brilliantly. Sometimes we all have really difficult weeks where the weight isnt moving and the cravings are really bad. Then the next week the weight falls off and you have a great week. By keeping going you're proving how much inner strength you have.

Keep going hun, you're doing great x

Hey Hope,

just read through your posts and think you're doing really well.

Well done on the decision to ditch the scales, i wish i could be as strong minded as you.

I don't know if you'd read Ria's diary but not only has she had an awesome weight loss she's now moved to measuring inches around her body. That could be something you do once a month say. It's just a suggestion because I'm one of those that need numbers to tell me how i'm doing.

I also think that getting into the habit of eating healthily now will be really helpful for when you go to uni as a lot of people tend to put a fair bit of weight on (me!). Hope you enjoyed being back at college

:)

Lmao, just learnt how to thank someone.

Thank you healthy, your comments always make me smile and are very motivational. :)

& @Echoburning Thank you for your comment and surprisingly I had a good day at college. Also I think I might try doing the inches thing once a month and see how things go. Thank you. :)

Day 14

Wow, it's been two weeks eating healthy...a shocker. Now I have 2 healthy calorie counter apps on my ipod touch to see if I eat too much or too little.

Breakfast- Oatmeal + water.

Snack- Strawberry yogurt.

Lunch- Soup.

Snack- Sweetcorn, an orange, banana.

Dinner- rice and beef and mixed vegetables + blueberry juice.

Exercises- Walking...( can't wait until the dvd comes)

Somehow, I feel good today...:)

Until next time...

Last edited:
Day 15

Didn't have a good day at college today and from talking to someone at college, they got me thinking about everything....and I can't stop thinking about were I want to go. I have been thinking hard if I should go to UNI or not and if I don't go it's not like I will go on benefits and do nothing. Or I will end up working in MCD or KFC.No, I have a plan that I am really passionate about and you only live once but I know everyone will say go to UNI...in this society it's like you have to go to University or your life is over but the more I think about it the more I think I would be better off if I don't go.

I just had to write my thoughts somewhere I am so worried what people close to me will think...I am not 100% sure yet but I am just going to think about it more.

Anyways...

Breakfast- Muesli + water

Lunch- Noodles + water.

Snack- Banana.

Dinner- Homemade chips and chicken + blueberry juice- I don't feel bad about having my homechips because I personally cup up the potatoes into slices like chips and cooked them without too much fatty oil.

Exercise- Walking...

Until next time...

Hey Hope,

take it from me, university ISN'T everything. And if you've still not made up your mind you can always defer your entry for a year and have some more time to make your mind up.

Best of luck with the big decision.

Heya, echoburning that's a good idea. It's good know that other people think university isn't everything.

Day 16

I got my Davina DVD today, yay. I have motivation to lose weight now than ever because if I don't lose the weight now I don't think my life will be this free and easy to lose weight. So I really have to do this now...

Another thing that motivated me to lose the weight was the fact that in the morning almost every top I wore was soo tight on the tummy area it was horrible. But I went to town after college and I got a leather jacket which I think is appropriate for summer and winter...(when not to cold) and it's not tight and it covers my tummy and it's fashionable...

Breakfast- Scrambled eggs

Lunch- Homemade burger - I saw this on come dine with me and it's just mince and an eggs to make it stick together into the burger...tasted good.

Snack- Banana.

Dinner- Rice, chicken and mixed vegetables + blueberry juice.

Exercise- walking in town.

Until next time

Day 17

Soo tired right now, glad it's friday...Anyways, had an alright day...did alot of walking which im happy about....

Exercise- Walked up and down a hill....had to meet my friend and walked to town, which was pretty long...

Until next time...

Day 18

Today was a good day healthy wise but my family are just saying things that I really wouldn't want to hear because I am doing so good with my healthy eating...Examples are "You only have one life, don't waste it on dieting." OR..... "You're not even that big or fat," this is from the same person who said "You are too big too look like those skinny girls." ..................

You know what I would want is for them is too show me some support or not even saying anything....would be better...I am just holding on by thread and if it breaks I will go back to my old ways....which I don't want to happen at all...I am glad I found this site...really knowing that there are people who understand and are going through the same thing is really good to holding my thread together...(why am I talking about thread,lol)

On the positive note I did my Davina superbody Dvd and wow, I really enjoyed it...1...It wasn't too long or repetitive only 40minutes workout..warm up and cool down...I did get tired and I had to stop at some parts but I think when I do it more my fitness will improve. Also there are like 6 workouts that are different which is amazing and won't be boring for my body and me which is good.

I am going to start my Superbody challenge which is going to be to do 30 workouts. So I weighed myself today and I'm still the same...I am not sad but I am happy coz it shows me that I can maintain my weight.

I will probably weigh myself after every 10 workouts and will see how much my body will look after 30 workouts and healthy eating. I am hoping this challenge will motivate me to use the dvd more...Planning on doing 3-4 workouts a week.

Wish me luck :p 1 workout down.

Until next time....

It's night time now and im feeling them cravings so i have just read back through this diary.......why do i want to lose this weight....Why???

I want to feel good about my body...wear what I like and not be ashamed.

I don't want to fail...i can do this....it's only food....what will it give me. Is it worth it....

This is my only chance of succeeding....if i give in now theres no turning back...do i really want that chocolate...crisps...crackers???

No, no i don't because i am going to do...what am i going to do....i am going
To do this.

Ok, i feel abit better now and i am going to sleep....carry on my healthy eating and im going
To do this for me,myself and I....(sorry for errors im on my phone)

Hope,

Youre doing so well, you stay strong and keep it up. It doesnt matter what anybody else says to you, if you are not happy with your weight, and want to change yourself, you do it! I'm sure your family are trying to be supportive and make you feel better about yourself. However, when you get to your target they will all be so proud of you.

Like you say, you are doing this for you and youre doing so well! By christmas you will be at your target and imagine how good you will feel then...

Stay strong hun, it will all be worth it xx

Healthy you're words mean so much to me...their my strength.....they help me to keep going coz last night I just read and re-read your comment's on this thread and they made me want to carry on...Thank you.

Day 19

I feel lost....I think I have so much to think about and I just feel like my life is on a fence...with everything including my healthy eating. But I haven't given up and I am still fighting...I don't know how but I am still running through this race and I am not going to give up(lol, it's easier said than done), I have come so far that I can't go back...I just can't.

Today, I was planning on doing my fitness Dvd but my body was hurting...so I am going to give it a few days before I do it again. It's so weird coz when I did the exercise it wasn't painful nor long...I quite enjoyed it so...who knows...hopefully some weight will come off.

Breakfast- Muesli

Snack- Banana, apple, sweetcorn and a peach.

Lunch- Didn't have a lunch just fruits.

Snack- Strawberry yogurt- If this counts as a fruit then for the first time I think I would have had my five a day..It should be 2 or 3 a day...5 is too much. j/k

Exercise- No exercise today just resting my body.

One more day down...Also something I have noticed...quite alot of people give-in or give-up on their diets/weight loss journey's after only losing 7Ib and they stop updating. I have been reading alot of diaries from months ago and and years ago. I hope I can break this and lose more than 7Ib.

Until next time.....

Thanks Hope,

Sorry that you're struggling, it's hard losing weight when there are lots of other things going on. That's why it's important to take one day at a time and try not to put too much pressure on yourself. You will reach your goal!

If youre body is feeling tired maybe cut back a bit on the exercise, or look at your calories as you need to make sure you're having enough. I went through a phase of having too few calories and I felt so tired and grumpy, and the worst thing was I didn't lose extra weight!

Look after yourself hun, that's the beat way to stick to your healthy eating, as you say many people give up after a few weeks, sometimes this may be because they are making extreme changes they cannot sustain. However, you are not one of those people, you are clearly commited to losing the weight so I'm sure you'll get there.

Take care x
e

Aw, thanks for believing in me Healthy...

Yeah healthy, you are totally right...I used to work out for like 2 hours and I was so grumpy and tired but I only worked out yesturday for 40mins and that my first workout in a week I think and I am not moody anymore because my family used to tell me that week why am so moody.

Also I thought the food thing was the problem but I got a calorie counter app and on most days I had around 1100 calories but I was recommended to have 1200...I don't think that makes that much difference...I am going to try and have more water...like on my first week of the diet. And I will try to eat more coz I am going to college now and that needs need's energy which =more food. (lol, who would have thought losing weight would be this complex)

Day 20

Had a looong day at college today woke-up at 7am and started at around 8.30am and got home at 5pm. But it wasn't that bad...I am sort-off getting used to everything and everyone now so in the next weeks things will become normal. (well as normal as they can get)

I also slept quite early last night like around 9/10, which is a big difference from sleeping at midnight or 1am. I heard that a lack of sleep can also contribute to not losing so will see if that's true or not.

Breakfast- Muesli

Lunch- Noodles + orange juice.

Snack- Banana, soup.

Exercise- walking.

Yay, Day 20...

Until next time.

Hi Hope,

We all have those moments of doubt but you've got a great attitude. Don't worry about what people say. I still have atleast another 4 stone to go and people are telling me to stop losing weight!! Just ignore them and keep doing what makes you happy.

You're achieved more than 20% of your goal so I KNOW you can keep going. Just keep reminding yourself why you're doing this. I'd recommend taking a photo now and then again when you hit one stone and so on. It's such a boost seeing yourself shrink before your very eyes!

Keep at it, you're doing brilliantly.

Hey hope you're doing great, one thing though, are you eating enough? I mean do you feel healthy in the day, if so great, if not you could probabally increase your intake and still lose weight.

Good for you for doing what you know is right, in spite of what people around you might say. Never follow the heard, be your own champion :) Well done on your progress so far, not that long and you'll have passed the first month, keep it up!

Hey Echoburning, thank you for that comment and I took a pic of myself now,lol. Thanks for the idea.

@Imlosingweight I hadn't thought about it being almost a month until I saw your comment...I can't believe I have lasted this long....I think you might be right about the eating thing aswell...

Day 21

Three weeks, yay.

After reading Imlosingweight's comment I started googling and googling alot about the subject and I read this interesting article about a women who gained half a stone but that was muscle and she was more toned aswell. And looked smaller.

Also in a couple of weeks I am going to try and get a scale or monitor and can show me my body's fat%, water% and muscle%. So that I can actually know what I am losing...if anything.

I also found out about eating less and I believe I walk like a mile or something everyday, my feet are killing me right now. So I think I should increase my intake.

I will do that and will see what happens.

Breakfast- Muesli

Lunch- Soup

Snack- Banana, banana, peach, orange.

Exercise- Walking.

I don't add dinner coz I always update before I have dinner....but that's another meal aswell,lol.

I'm thinking of weighing myself tomor morning or not...hmm. Will see.

Until next time...

Day 22

Good healthy eating day today and walked alot and tried to eat more food. Tomor I am planning on buying a kitchen scale and a bathroom scale that measures body fat % and water % aswell as the body weight.

Like today I went to so many shops that I thought would sell scales and all that stuff and the only shop was argos...which is a real surprise it's either you do it online or argos which isn't alot of offers might I say. Also went looking for a diet book called the big fat solution and couldn't find it anywhere...looked at whsmith and all these really expensive book shops...nothing. Even the charity shops and the library. Nothing but tomor I will go to library and just get any diet or health book...might be lucky.

Breakfast- Scrambled eggs and water

Lunch- Beans and toast - two brown breads + water.

Dinner- Rice, beef, peas and blueberry juice.

Exercise- Walking...( wanted to get a pedometer but I couldn't find one at a store which is unbelievable...I can't use a credit card for every diet thing...hmm.

Until next time....

Back