Fakeaways Book

I picked one out of a box on the table beside the magazines. I asked if they were books that people had ordered, but he (bloke who was on the shop, leader was taking the payments) said they weren't and anyone could buy them... but now after reading this I'm wondering if they weren't actually supposed to be for sale yet! x

Hi I was at group on Tuesday and we have the fake away books and they were on sale so I guess it might be down to distribution problems as to which group has them yet . The book looks great x

to be honest im a bit disappointed by the book and probably wouldnt have ordered it if I'd seen it before. the number and range of vegetarian recipes is very poor :-(

I'm desperate to start making recipes from this book. I'm due to get it on Saturday but I have no idea what will happen to pre-orders now.

Heard about Steve in group today. I go to the kingswood group so it was a shock to hear that. I hope you and your fellow members are ok. Xx

to be honest im a bit disappointed by the book and probably wouldnt have ordered it if I'd seen it before. the number and range of vegetarian recipes is very poor :-(
I've found in the last couple of years that the books and the magazine are becoming more and more meat/fish oriented. I get that SW is promoting the Extra Easy plan, but we vegetarians still need to eat!

Bum

I've found in the last couple of years that the books and the magazine are becoming more and more meat/fish oriented. I get that SW is promoting the Extra Easy plan, but we vegetarians still need to eat!

Yes, this ^^^

are any seemingly "convertible"?

I don't know about the Fakeaways book, but for recipes in the mag that use sausages or mince, I quite often use veg sausages or Quorn/soy mince quite successfully (you have to keep an eye on cooking times).

The saag aloo looks lovely. Too many pizza recipes taking space up (I dont do pizza) though I know they're popular. The burger in a bowl looks lovely and the thai fish cakes

have left over pizza for lunch, so will soon see how well it re-heats.

Love the idea of doughballs, but I'd just gorge myself on them!

I made the chicken chow mein from it last night - it was delicious and a resounding success with my OH ( who is a skinny takeaway fiend :/) so its already paid for itself in cash and syns!!! :)

Any chance of posting the recipes and pics of the fakeaways you have tried???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The pics would be allowed but I guess that posting the recipes would breach copyright.

I am curious to know how the saag aloo turned out, I have a full fat recipe which is gorgeous, I tried to make it low fat and it just didn't cut the mustard.

I love saag aloo, that's definitely in my list of things to try. I made the chicken korma this evening - loved it and will be making it again! Going to try one new recipe every 2 weeks (when I do my twice monthly shop) until I've finished the book as everything looks so good!

Back