Fat and 50!! I think not..

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to post the photos I took of myself (almost) first thing this morning.. No matter how hard I pleaded my camera refused to lie:busted: So they are a little scary but I thought I'd take them as a before the shred and then do an after. Just to see how much difference all the pain makes..Hmmm

I decided I will scare the bejesue out of all of you and post the photos but they'll have to weight until tomorrow, as I'm busy,busy,busy today.

I weighed myself today (normally I only do it once a week) and I'm very pleased to say despite a very naughty weekend (Food wise. Keep it clean!!) I haven't put any weight on :D

Also managed to do day 2 level 1 of the shred today.. Tomorrow I may cry :( but I will carry on :D

So all going well at the moment. Thank you to all of you who excepted my friends request on mfp :) Sending some more out today.

You can do the shred! :D

O.K.....Organization is the key to this..

I have 2 more days of house sitting. The perfect time to start 30 Day Shred.. I've got the DVD at the house along with my Zumba toning sticks (nearest thing I have to weights).

I've taken some fruit over for snacking and I'll also take some almonds.

Another thing I know helps me is if I have my main meal at lunchtime, so I'll be doing that as often as I can.

An added bonus tomorrow is the road between the village and where I'm h/s is closed tomorrow (finally fixing pot holes :D) So I'm going to walk it instead of driving all the way around the detour. It's about 3miles both ways..

Defo more positive

Weehey! You started a diary :D

Do you think motivation is your problem? If you keep falling off the wagon, maybe it is. Or maybe these bad eating habits are so hard engrained that you're finding it difficult to overcome them.

Bad habits is something we can all relate to. When I first started dieting, in the first couple of weeks, I ate healthily but boy did I crave junk food. Sometimes (and this sounds awful to me know) I'd eat a bar of chocolate instead of dinner. So I was basically saying that I'd rather not eat dinner all for a few seconds of gluttony over a chocolate bar. Sad, eh?

Thankfully, after HARD HARD work, I trained by body not to crave these foods and after about a good 5 months, I can honestly say that my cravings for them went away. I can get offered things like chocolate now and I HONESTLY don't want them - not because I'm denying myself but because I know that there's tastier, healthier things out there that I can have instead. Also, when I do fancy a bit of chocolate, I can confidently eat one bit and leave the rest for another day. I don't scoff the whole bar like I used to. I've changed my lifestyle and that's my secret to weight loss success. It's not really a secret but I guess maybe it is because it eluded me for years.
I think a lot of people look at weight loss as a destination, like once they got there, everything would go back to 'normal'. I could eat what they wanted, work out when they felt like it and magically the weight would stay off. Besides, it wasn't as if they would fall into the same patterns that got me overweight in the first place, right?
Wrong.

I can tell you that you will not lose weight and keep it off until you change your attitude about a healthy lifestyle.

How do I know? Well, I've seen people on this forum and in life doing weight watchers, doing Slimming World, doing personal training sessions, pills, shakes, and everything else under the sun. They stuck with them all temporarily but lots were always with the mindset 'I can't wait for this to be over so I can get things back to normal'
That's why it's you attitude was what needed to change more than anything else. The realisation that I had to change my normal to make my goal possible was the hardest lesson I've ever learned.
You cannot use temporary means to create a permanent change and all those methods I'd tried did not have true staying power in my busy lifestyle.
Luckily, I'm a planner. I love working towards a goal, I love having steps to get there and I love facing new challenges. Success takes dedication, but you CAN do it.
So, I don't eat unhealthy anymore. I forgive myself for mistakes and I use it as a motivation to propel my results.
I am far from perfect and sometimes when I find myself in the midst of a temptation (my downfall) I have to have a voice in my head scream at me and say 'STOP KIDDING YOURSELF THIS ISN'T A 'REWARD' FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!! YOU ARE ABOUT TO PUNISH YOURSELF!! EATING THIS IS REALLY GOING TO MAKE YOU FEEL BAD!'
This voice has developed over time. This voice used to be drowned out by the other voice that said "F**K YOU! I WANT IT!" But now, the smart voice is in control. That voice is the one that overshadows the temptation and reminds me if I want extraordinary results, I have to put in extraordinary effort. It's that voice that avoids the chocolate bar and has an apple and fromage frais instead. Still sweet but without the guilt!
If you're finding yourself having habitual setbacks with food, perhaps it means that you really haven't committed to a new lifestyle. It isn't a failure to not be there yet. It's only a failure if you don't realise it and correct it. I don't mean this in a harsh way but I'm saying this as somebody who was overweight too and just really want to see the benefits of losing the weight passed on to others. You can do this little sis, if I didn't believe you had it in you then I wouldn't bother telling you all this.

Remember we're always here for you :)

Woop woop! Well done you. Keep positive, you can do it xx

Thanks ladies :)

happyhealthy.. Thanks for your wise words..

I've had a few problems lately. The main one being I foolishly ran out of my Thyroxine and ended up going 3 weeks without any!! Then I end up eating sugary rubbish to try and give myself energy boost which then starts a vicious circle of sugar highs and lows none of which help me :eek:. Then go to Dr and get lecture about how I'm lucky not to have ended up in hospital, don't let it happen again, ect.ect. All of which were valid points but hay ho. I'm back on my meds. and felling much better.. I'm also going to go back to one of my New Year resolution and start saying NO when people ask can you just do this and this and that?

All in all my head is in a much better place than it's been in a long time and that's in no small part down to the support of all of you :talk017:

What a positive post hun. So glad you are in a better place, and Im glad you got your meds sorted. I know that when things are good in your head and you are feeling physically good, things are so much easier. :D

All has gone well today.. I realised just now that I've only had 1 miner bout of acid indigestion :)

When I eat rubbish I get the most awful bouts of it... So why you may ask do you keep eating rubbish?? Because I'm a plonker at times ;(

Maybe you should try not having any junk in the house and not bringing money with you to work to buy junk out of the cafe / vending machines? Bring your packed lunch instead? Out of sight, out of temptation!

Maybe you should try not having any junk in the house and not bringing money with you to work to buy junk out of the cafe / vending machines? Bring your packed lunch instead? Out of sight, out of temptation!

Yep, thats working for me at the minute. I haven't touched a piece of chocolate in a month, and no naughties are allowed in the house. Honestly, a month ago I thought I couldn't survive the evening without Dairy milk or Galaxy. EVERY NIGHT!!!!!!!
Now, nothing, nada!! :D

Well I'm lucky that being on a stable yard there are no vending machines... However living in a small village when I go in the shop to get the papers I get "aren't you having any chocolate today Kim? I brought those specially for you (cash and carry). It's the same when I go to get petrol!!

The realisation that I haven't been popping the ant acids all day has made me feel a lot more positive and determined not to eat choccy.. Doing the Shred every day makes you focus as well!!!

Woo! I live in a village too! The lady in the shop using to always have my newspaper, freshly made croissant and chicken sandwich with a packet of buttons waiting for me every morning. On a Saturday it was milk, eggs, rolls, sausages, homemade broccoli quiche and tablet. I had to break it to her that I'd only be taking the newspaper from now on and she's very sad cos she proposals made those croissants for me!! Though she is happy now that I've lost weight. Calls me a little whippit and told me when I was 11 stone (BMI 28) that I was starting to waste away. Bless :)

Kevin the chap who runs our shop asked why I need to lose weight!!...

Ummm. Because I'm 3 1/2 stn over weight!! :|

I spent yesterday running around like a headless chicken but I'm pleased to say I didn't go off the rail :)

I was so busy I didn't have time to shred, so need to get on with that today.

I was hoping I'd have my new car this weekend.

Bit of a story to this.... My OH's mother sadly has Altzimers as a result she is know longer aloud to drive. His family have decided along with her that I can help his dad out by taking her out a couple of times a week. (This is something I'm happy to do) but what I wasn't happy about was when his father came round and announced that he and daughter had discussed it and decided that I could have the car on the proviso I took mother out twice a week. I realise whilst typing this that it's not coming across the way it was put to me but at the time I was so stunned I just sat looking at him with my mouth open unable to say the things that were going round in my head!! End result. Blazing row with OH, same with his dad next time I saw him (in my home). About a week later mother rings up and say's "I like you to have my car I don't want it to be sold I've had so much fun in it" (she used to travel all over the country and up to Scotland).. So how do I say "no" to that..

I know I must sound very ungrateful but I promise you I'm not. My concern is If we go out we have to take her dog's, 2 Standered Poodles and a Beddlington Terrier none of whom are well behaved. One of the poodles is downright aggressive!!!

So anyway. My OH tells me yesterday I need to tax the new car... So off I go thinking great I'll be able to use it to get to my next J.a.H. party.. Only to be told "It's not ready yet. The work it needs should be finished by the end of the month" The bearings went on my old car over a month ago and she's limping along but I dearn't ask her to do the drive I need to do to get to the party (Up and down Cotswold hills is hard work!!) Oh well He'll just have to let me borrow one of his Landies :)

Sorry for the rant but I do feel a lot better!

I spent yesterday running around like a headless chicken but I'm pleased to say I didn't go off the rail :)

I was so busy I didn't have time to shred, so need to get on with that today.

I was hoping I'd have my new car this weekend.

Bit of a story to this.... My OH's mother sadly has Altzimers as a result she is know longer aloud to drive. His family have decided along with her that I can help his dad out by taking her out a couple of times a week. (This is something I'm happy to do) but what I wasn't happy about was when his father came round and announced that he and daughter had discussed it and decided that I could have the car on the proviso I took mother out twice a week. I realise whilst typing this that it's not coming across the way it was put to me but at the time I was so stunned I just sat looking at him with my mouth open unable to say the things that were going round in my head!! End result. Blazing row with OH, same with his dad next time I saw him (in my home). About a week later mother rings up and say's "I like you to have my car I don't want it to be sold I've had so much fun in it" (she used to travel all over the country and up to Scotland).. So how do I say "no" to that..

I know I must sound very ungrateful but I promise you I'm not. My concern is If we go out we have to take her dog's, 2 Standered Poodles and a Beddlington Terrier none of whom are well behaved. One of the poodles is downright aggressive!!!

So anyway. My OH tells me yesterday I need to tax the new car... So off I go thinking great I'll be able to use it to get to my next J.a.H. party.. Only to be told "It's not ready yet. The work it needs should be finished by the end of the month" The bearings went on my old car over a month ago and she's limping along but I dearn't ask her to do the drive I need to do to get to the party (Up and down Cotswold hills is hard work!!) Oh well He'll just have to let me borrow one of his Landies :)

Sorry for the rant but I do feel a lot better!

Sorry things are difficult with the family. Believe me, I completley understand how complicated and nasty things can get. Sometimes it's just easier to smile and nod your head, even though inside you are screaming obsceneties!!!! :)

With you on that one squeezyweezy :D

Another busy day..Are there any other kind?? Feeling very drained at the moment but staying on track :)

I need to make sure I do the Shred first thing in the morning, firstly because it seems to put me in a positive mood and secondly, once it's done it's done and I can't make excuses!!

Off to catch up with a friend on Sunday who I haven't seen for a couple of years.. Talk on the phone but haven't gotten together since she left her husband who I introduced her to!!! Looking forward to a girly catch up. She did offer to cook me lunch but I'll be doing roast for my OH so thought it best to decline. Hope to attack the garden, so all in all an active weekend planned.. Oh also need to poop scoop the horses fields..I love my life ;-/

I'm really hoping you got to do the Shred this morning poppet!

I have to say it really annoys the crap out of me when people try and get me to eat bad stuff - everyone at work knows I have changed my eating pattern and yet they can't help but offer me a bloody biscuit... I just smugly turn round and tell them it's been X weeks since my last biscuit and I'm not changing my ways now... then you get the exclamation of "why do you need to lose weight, you're lovely as you are!" Why do these people insist on speaking such utter crap..... do they want me to die?!.... I am clearly overweight at least 5 stone overweight ... how can I honestly look lovely?... just because I smile a lot? ..... Sorry but people reallly annoy me now if I looked waif like and said I'm trying to lose weight then fair-game .... although even I understand how a size 6 chick can feel like they need to lose some weight it's all effin' relative!

Oooops I've just ranted in your diary... sorry about that... I'll get off my soap box now!

Back