Fat and 50!! I think not..

Oh bleep.. Just got on the scales... Not good :( But then if I eat all the crap I ate over the last 2 days what did I expect???

So as of this morning I am 167Lbs!!!!!!!

I can do 1 of 2 things about this... I could say " bullocks! I'm just going to carry on eating" or I can say " best you get your head in the right place, watch what you eat and get some bleeping exercise so you can shift those 6lbs and more."

I intend to do the second option.. Wish me luck :eek:

I wish you all the luck in the world hun, but you won't need it, because I really think your head is in the right place this time. Those 6lbs will soon be a distant memory if you keep logging and do all that exercise. I looked at the scales this morning, and I have put 3lbs on since last Friday!!! I am gutted, but I need to think like you are. :)

No more topics hun. You can, and will do this. xxx

Seriously not doing well at the moment :(

I'm going to take a step back for a little while.. My OH and I are going through a very rough patch at the moment and I'm spending most of my tome in tears :(

At the moment I feel like I just want to disappear... I'll be back on track soon. It just feels like everything is an uphill struggle at the moment :(

Take some time for yourself hun. Sorry things are hard.
Sending you lot's of hugs. Lot's of love :)

Hope things get better hun

wow i am so impressed with your attitude!! i too want to 'learn' that but am still struggling with the inner me that says ;but why can't i eat chocolate and icecreams....i love them!!!

sigh....!!

Weehey! You started a diary :D

Do you think motivation is your problem? If you keep falling off the wagon, maybe it is. Or maybe these bad eating habits are so hard engrained that you're finding it difficult to overcome them.

Bad habits is something we can all relate to. When I first started dieting, in the first couple of weeks, I ate healthily but boy did I crave junk food. Sometimes (and this sounds awful to me know) I'd eat a bar of chocolate instead of dinner. So I was basically saying that I'd rather not eat dinner all for a few seconds of gluttony over a chocolate bar. Sad, eh?

Thankfully, after HARD HARD work, I trained by body not to crave these foods and after about a good 5 months, I can honestly say that my cravings for them went away. I can get offered things like chocolate now and I HONESTLY don't want them - not because I'm denying myself but because I know that there's tastier, healthier things out there that I can have instead. Also, when I do fancy a bit of chocolate, I can confidently eat one bit and leave the rest for another day. I don't scoff the whole bar like I used to. I've changed my lifestyle and that's my secret to weight loss success. It's not really a secret but I guess maybe it is because it eluded me for years.
I think a lot of people look at weight loss as a destination, like once they got there, everything would go back to 'normal'. I could eat what they wanted, work out when they felt like it and magically the weight would stay off. Besides, it wasn't as if they would fall into the same patterns that got me overweight in the first place, right?
Wrong.

I can tell you that you will not lose weight and keep it off until you change your attitude about a healthy lifestyle.

How do I know? Well, I've seen people on this forum and in life doing weight watchers, doing Slimming World, doing personal training sessions, pills, shakes, and everything else under the sun. They stuck with them all temporarily but lots were always with the mindset 'I can't wait for this to be over so I can get things back to normal'
That's why it's you attitude was what needed to change more than anything else. The realisation that I had to change my normal to make my goal possible was the hardest lesson I've ever learned.
You cannot use temporary means to create a permanent change and all those methods I'd tried did not have true staying power in my busy lifestyle.
Luckily, I'm a planner. I love working towards a goal, I love having steps to get there and I love facing new challenges. Success takes dedication, but you CAN do it.
So, I don't eat unhealthy anymore. I forgive myself for mistakes and I use it as a motivation to propel my results.
I am far from perfect and sometimes when I find myself in the midst of a temptation (my downfall) I have to have a voice in my head scream at me and say 'STOP KIDDING YOURSELF THIS ISN'T A 'REWARD' FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!! YOU ARE ABOUT TO PUNISH YOURSELF!! EATING THIS IS REALLY GOING TO MAKE YOU FEEL BAD!'
This voice has developed over time. This voice used to be drowned out by the other voice that said "F**K YOU! I WANT IT!" But now, the smart voice is in control. That voice is the one that overshadows the temptation and reminds me if I want extraordinary results, I have to put in extraordinary effort. It's that voice that avoids the chocolate bar and has an apple and fromage frais instead. Still sweet but without the guilt!
If you're finding yourself having habitual setbacks with food, perhaps it means that you really haven't committed to a new lifestyle. It isn't a failure to not be there yet. It's only a failure if you don't realise it and correct it. I don't mean this in a harsh way but I'm saying this as somebody who was overweight too and just really want to see the benefits of losing the weight passed on to others. You can do this little sis, if I didn't believe you had it in you then I wouldn't bother telling you all this.

Remember we're always here for you :)

Thanks for all your good wishes ladies.. Things have settled down and my OH has apologized which is unheard of!!! And harvest is in :D

Weight wise I have put on 9lbs :eek: :break_diet:

Like Squeezy I am not going to change my stats... I think it would be counter productive... So I'm aiming to get the extra weight off within 3 weeks.. I wan't to be 11st for my birthday in November (10& 1/2 would be better) So that is my incentive now.. I've seen a really nice wrap round style dress and I think I may get myself it in a size 16 as an extra incentive :)

I'm house-sitting this week, so I'm starting C25K tomorrow.. Quiet lanes where I won't be so easily recognized :D Zumba tonight, I'm also going to do my Zumba DVD's as I can only get to class tonight (team meeting Wed)...

I'm peeved with myself for falling back into comfort eating when things got stressful but old habit's die hard :eek:

I'm glad things are better for you now, it's horrible when you have a falling out. It's a shame about the weight but I think you're doing the right thing and now you're back on it, those extra pounds will soon be history!! C25K will see to that!! Lol!!

Well done for getting back on with it! You'll get that weight right off again :)

Glad your back Littlesis. Missed ya!!! :D

I agree that it's counter productive to move everything backwards, as if we don't feel bad enough already eh??

I know you will shift those 9lbs chick, and then you will shift another 9, and another 9.......... We will do this together, get back on track and kick some weight loss ass!!! :)

My cousin just posted this on Facebook and it made me smile.. Hope you smile too :)

I'm not hot or gorgeous. I don't have an amazing figure or a flat stomach. I'm far from being considered a model, but I'm ME. I eat food, have curves, love my PJ's, and I go without make up. I'm random and crazy, I don't pretend to be someone I'm not. I am who I am, You can love me or not, It won't change ME!!! Ladies put this on your status if you're proud of who you are..♥ ♥ ♥..

:banana dancer::party0019::banana dancer:

Back