Fat friend- What a week

Where abouts r u Colly?

I keep looking at my friends then in my head I say "no, ur to thin to go swimming with!" I think I am skinnyist lol!! x

aberdeen :( x

Bless ya x

i know i'm a million miles away from everyone and everything! my mum's said she'll go swimming with me but last time i did that she just wanted to sit in the jacuzzi- not that i was complaining but i don't think that's particularly good exercise haha x

Hey just wanted to let you know I dragged myself down to the baths this morning, and it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. It wasn't full of superfit slim people either! I was convinced that there would be looking at the rest of the students wandering round the campus (it's a University Sports Centre).
There was a couple of people there a similar size to me/ bigger and no-one bat an eyelid at me. The place was nearly empty too, but thats probably because it was earlyish and lectures haven't started yet.

I'm feeling great that I went too, although my arms are still burning! I wasn't too bad while in the pool, but turned to jelly as soon as I stepped out! I'll definately be going back, so if anyone is thinking about going, just go :)
I've been putting this off for a few years now and I'm sure if I had started earlier I would have lost some of this weight sooner!

Chunkylass & Colly - I won't go swimming with any of my skinny mates either - I think displaying my jiggling self in front of them is worse than strangers! It really wasn't too bad going on my own, and I feel even better for it now - I usually hate going "new" places on my own.

good for you sugar!!

to be honest (and this is going to sound so vain :copon:) the thing that sort of stops me going swimming is my hair- i have extensions and a semi perm colour and i think it might strip my hair!! need to get a swimming cap. big girl in a swimming cap- i WILL be a sight to behold! lol x

Oooo, I remember that used to be one of my worries - green hair.

There were a few people wearing swimming caps at my pool today. I actually felt left out at first because I didn't have goggles (hate the things).

hey sammy well done on you weight loss so far :) I have a fair bit to lose to and its nice to find a fellow east anglian on here.

I keep thinking about going swimming but as some of you have aready said, i'm worried about my hair, lol. Its platinum blonde(dye job, lol) and i don't want it going gean and i certianly don't wan to wear a swim hat, lol!!

Lol I dont dye my hair but after spending nearly an hour washing, blow drying then straightening my hair I dont want it getting wet and stinking of chlorine! Good on you sugar!! I think I am going to take the plunge and buy a swimming cossie. Do you think it would be frowned upon to run up and then "bomb" in to the pool haha!!

Hi Mush, Good luck on your weight loss. we have a similar amount to lose. Hope 2010 is our year! What diet are you doing?

Anyone got any nice plans for this weekend? xx

i went swimming today and the funniet thing happened there was a guy swimming in what i think was boxer shorts and his willy was hanging out the whole time i almost drowned as i laughed so much . i am working all weekend so no exciting plan for me.

Haha, I dont think I would have been able to keep a straight face! x

Hey you!!

How are things? You bought that swimming cossie yet?

XxX

Lol no cossie yet. Was going to go in to town today but had an awful night last night so haven't.

Last night had a pizza with all my saved points. Went to bed as normal then woke up about 3am and was pouring with sweat and stomach was killing. Went to loo and then was sick for the next hour. I am a big baby, I hate being sick. Hubby was good, kept getting me water and stuff but wouldnt come in the bathroom as he cant handle sick either so was feeling really sorry for myself! Woke up this morning and dont feel too bad just tired and achy back so felt sorry for myself all day!

How was everyones weekend? x

See wallowing in self pity so much i forgot to tell you I lost 3lbs this week!! Was hoping for more to be honest but every little helps I suppose! x

Cheers Flutter x

aww you poor thing, i'm sorry to hear you were sick, i'm exactly the same, i had a bug last year at some point and even water wouldn't stay down, i was bawling my eyes out constantly because i really am vomit-phobic! i don't even drink much because i'm so scared of being sick! blergh!!

well done on your 3lb! it's not "a little" really, it's a bag and a half of sugar is it not? 1.5kilo ish? i am terrible with weight conversion! but that's a lot of fat melted, really. :) x

I'm the same. So pathetic when being sick! I know 3lbs is good but even with the diet people are piling the pressure on, all my family found out I lost 9lbs first week and were saying Oh you have to lose 5 this week then it'll be a stone. People just dont realise how hard it is!! Rant over lol! x

In all honesty I've not told my family I'm on a diet as I don't want to be asked about it constantly. My mum knows but she's an eternal dieter who knows how it feels. People think they're being supportive and in their own way they are but I think it brings an element of guilt to you when you don't match up to what they believe you can do. X

thats exactly how i feel, my best mate is a nurse and is very down on the diet i am doing cos she doesn't think it'll work blah blah blah, but she's never had to worry about her weight, she's like a stick, so i've just not told her about it this time. She's quite tall, about 6ft so she looks like a rake, lol and always makes me wear high heels when we go out so she doesn't look like a giant, lol!

Back