Fat Kids Love Cake - This One Needs Some Help !!!!!

Claireboo325

Hi !!!

I'm new to Minimins, so please bear with me !

I've always been 'big', but now I'm huge and desperate to do something about it!!! I recently got engaged and the thought of being this big in a wedding dress makes me feel ill :(

So, I need to do something about it. I've tried slimming world before, but I didn't really get on with the consultant and my job makes it really difficult to make group weigh ins every week. A friend suggested that I try doing slimming world myself at home and use Minimins for help and support.

I start tomorrow and any advice, tips and/or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Xxx

Hi Claire, welcome to mini, well done on getting to grips with starting you will find a lot if help on this site.
You can find out recipes on threads and most of what you need to know.
Good luck and keep us posted on how your getting on x

Thank you Lesley ! Silly, I know, but I was quite nervous about posting my own food diary :s

So, day 1:

Breakfast

- 35 g of bran flakes (Healthy B).
- 1 vanilla muller light.

Lunch

- salad (quite boring lettuce, spring onions and canned tuna (spring water)) - no dressing.
- bowl of green grapes

Afternoon Snacks / drinks

- Coffee (milk from option A)
- Fanta Zero
- Orange

Dinner (planned)

- Chicken and Rice (grilled chicken, rice cooked with chicken stock, sweetcorn, onion, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper).
- strawberries and muller light.

Hi Claire.
Welcome!! And any advice you need just post it and someone will come along and help.
I tend to post my food diary on here while I'm cooking (phone app) then write it on my planner I hand in at class.
Last week was my 1st weigh in and I lost 4 and half pound. So fingers crossed for Wednesday weigh in.
I'm happy at 13 stone so once I get there (13 pound to go) any thing after that is a bonus.
Well done on your 1st food diary it looks great !!!

Day 2

Breakfast

- 35 g of Jordans Muesli (Healthy B).
- 1 banana muller light.

Lunch

- salad (lettuce, spring onions, canned tuna (spring water), boiled eggs and a handful of pasta) - no dressing.
- bowl of green grapes

Snacks / drinks

- Diet Coke
- Satsuma x 3

Dinner (planned)

- Pork (all visible fat trimmed off), boiled potatoes, peas and sweetcorn.
- strawberries and muller light.

How is today going Claire??
I know I love this forum. What ever diet I have been on. This is the site that gives great support and great ideas.!

Hiya. Day went well today. Managed to get time to walk with our dog today before it rained lol.
Food wise 100% as normal. So hopefully the 2nd weigh in will show that I have been good tomo.

I need a kick up my bum! I saw this thread and thought of me! I love cake too!!
i'm at work now for 3 days so hoping that will help me! I drink lots of water and only eat what I take in. I've got soooo much to lose, that I can't afford to mess around. I need a personal trainer and a slimming world consultant by my side 24/7. O well, I'll have Minimins instead!!
Be good :eek:)

Hey Claire.!
Lost pound and half. Bit disappointed really but had no time for body magic this week. And that's 6 pound in 2 weeks lost. And I can feel the difference already !

Hi Ladies !!!!

Autumnbabe - that's brilliant !! 6lb in two weeks is amazing - well done !!!

I feel your pain Mrs Bev, I need a little person sat on my shoulder saying "No Claire" "You need to do some exercise Claire". From your sats you look like your doing amazing all on your own though !!!

I'm going to my mum's tomorrow for tea, which is a little nerve racking as I won't have control of the cooking - any suggestions?

Today's food

Breakfast

- 25 g of Special K (4.5 syns) with a 1 vanilla muller light and chopped up apple.

Lunch

- Pasta, pork (all visable fat removed), spring onions, peas, green beans, carrots with natural yogurt mixed with 2 x tsp of American mustard (2 syns) (a bit of a free for all I know).
- bowl of green grapes

Snacks / drinks

- Diet Coke
- Satsuma x 3

Dinner (planned)

- Diet Coke Chicken (I’m quite excited to make this!!) with SW chips and salad
- muller light.

6 syns.

I don't know but can't you use your healthy extra a for your special k.??
Someone may know.!

Thank u for the encourage ment.!!

HI !!

Someone mentioned to start writing SF next to superfree foods so I can keep an eye on whether I’m actually sticking to the 1/3 rule (which I don’t think I have on other days) and people can correct me if I’m wrong (as I was about grapes).

Breakfast

Fruit salad (strawberries SF, apple SF and orange SF) with a muller light.

Lunch

Lettuce (SF), spring onions (SF), lean ham (no visible fat) and 2 SW scotch eggs (1syn each).

Bowl of grapes.

I’ve counted the scotch eggs as 1 syn but I’m not sure if that’s right – I’ve put my reasoning out below so please let me know if you this it’s wrong:

6 Scotch Eggs

• 8 x Eggs (free) (2 for “dipping” for the breadcrumbs).
  • Pork – 100g of less than 10% fat so 5.5 syns. 5.5/6 = call it one syn each.
  • Spring onion (SF), salt, pepper and sage (mixed into the pork) - free.
  • 6 slices of small wholemeal bread (so 1 slice each egg) so 2 scotch eggs would be my HB.

Snacks

Coffee – milk is HA

Apples and oranges.

Dinner

Tea is at mum’s tonight :s I’ve told her that I’m on SW (I even offered to bring my own and/or cook for everyone else but she declined) so I’m hoping it’s something ok – I sound really ungrateful !

Back