Fat loss diet question

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Coconut23, 3 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Coconut23

Coconut23 New Member

Just have a quick question regardIng fat loss diets. If I intend to lose fat and gain some muscle, I know that you need to eat more proteins for the muscle gaining bit, but for the fat loss bit is it better to consume less calories or do I have to consume less fat and carbs too? Will a low-calorie, high-carb diet result in fat loss?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm a bit of a newbie :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. TRISTAR

TRISTAR Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, welcome to Minimins. The shakes I use (Sci-MX Diet), are low carb (19g per serving), low cal (approx 170ish cal) per serving, and high protein. They help maintain healthy muscle mass, whilst helping me lose weight.

4. jrhenorly

jrhenorly Member

If your into body body building, I heard you need to focus on building muscle first.
    You may gain fat in the process, but then you focus on cardio type workouts to loose the fat.

5. chocolatecat

chocolatecat One day at a time :)

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(7.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If you are looking to lose fat and toning a bit then understand that it doesn't have to be that complicated.

A rough meal plan should be something like this:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs made with low fat milk and zero added oil/fat with vegetables on a slice of wholemeal toast
    Snack: Fruit & yogurt
    Lunch: Tuna salad wrap - again, no added butter/mayo/fatty dressing.
    Snack: Low fat cheese piece and cherry tomatoes
    Dinner: Oven roasted pepper stuffed with cous cous and served with a dry fried/grilled chicken breast
    Evening snack: Small scoop of mixed fruit &nuts

Make sure all your food (except lean meats, oily fish, eggs & oats) are less than 5% fat and don't add any fats (butter/oil/marg etc) to cooking/sandwiches etc.

Portion Control!!!

My trainer told me that sample menu plan was best for fat loss and toning. You shouldn't need to buy protein shakes at all.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.