• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Fat loss diet question

Just have a quick question regardIng fat loss diets. If I intend to lose fat and gain some muscle, I know that you need to eat more proteins for the muscle gaining bit, but for the fat loss bit is it better to consume less calories or do I have to consume less fat and carbs too? Will a low-calorie, high-carb diet result in fat loss?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm a bit of a newbie :D
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi, welcome to Minimins. The shakes I use (Sci-MX Diet), are low carb (19g per serving), low cal (approx 170ish cal) per serving, and high protein. They help maintain healthy muscle mass, whilst helping me lose weight.

One day at a time :)
If you are looking to lose fat and toning a bit then understand that it doesn't have to be that complicated.

A rough meal plan should be something like this:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs made with low fat milk and zero added oil/fat with vegetables on a slice of wholemeal toast
Snack: Fruit & yogurt
Lunch: Tuna salad wrap - again, no added butter/mayo/fatty dressing.
Snack: Low fat cheese piece and cherry tomatoes
Dinner: Oven roasted pepper stuffed with cous cous and served with a dry fried/grilled chicken breast
Evening snack: Small scoop of mixed fruit &nuts

Make sure all your food (except lean meats, oily fish, eggs & oats) are less than 5% fat and don't add any fats (butter/oil/marg etc) to cooking/sandwiches etc.

Portion Control!!!

My trainer told me that sample menu plan was best for fat loss and toning. You shouldn't need to buy protein shakes at all.