fat tax issue

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by tazbabe, 5 October 2011 Social URL.

1. tazbabe

tazbabe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.39%)
    Diet:
    atkins
    Why a fat tax will have no effect on obesity levels | Mail Online

what i can't understand, is why there is no in depth research into these things?

we know that there is more and more evidence to show that its not fat that makes us fat.
    so, if the govenment is not researching this topic properly, then what do they base other policies on? hearsay?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    a tax on anything won't stop people buying it, they'll just get more and more in debt to buy the stuff. Its a fact that no one will change unless they want to!

I agree re the fat stuff too. People have been cooking things in lard and fat for centuries and the "obesity epidemic" has only happened in the past 30.

4. Mrs jk

Mrs jk Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    If the Gov want to be a nanny state then they should go the whole hog and ration unheathly foods but junk food is expensive anyway like 76p for a bar of chocolate!!

Supermarkets are still going to discount and use these as loss leaders. Getting GPs to actually become educated and perhaps set up NHS weight loss groups in every town through your local practice.

Obesity is getting out of control and will criplle the NHS if the Gov do not start to prevent and invest in NHS resources. Surely it's less expensive to pay for a weight loss clinic than the treatment for obesity related or worsened illness? I don't think there are many obese people who would decline a NHS weight loss clinic?

5. Everhopeful

Everhopeful " If at First".....

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.21%)
    Diet:
    No Sugar.
    The junk food industry has too strong a lobby in the government. I wonder how many MPs have shares in firms like Mr Kipling & others like them. How many of their long lunches are paid for by the sugar industry? It is time the government woke up to what is really causing the obesity epidemic.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.