fat tax issue

a tax on anything won't stop people buying it, they'll just get more and more in debt to buy the stuff. Its a fact that no one will change unless they want to!

I agree re the fat stuff too. People have been cooking things in lard and fat for centuries and the "obesity epidemic" has only happened in the past 30.

If the Gov want to be a nanny state then they should go the whole hog and ration unheathly foods but junk food is expensive anyway like 76p for a bar of chocolate!!

Supermarkets are still going to discount and use these as loss leaders. Getting GPs to actually become educated and perhaps set up NHS weight loss groups in every town through your local practice.

Obesity is getting out of control and will criplle the NHS if the Gov do not start to prevent and invest in NHS resources. Surely it's less expensive to pay for a weight loss clinic than the treatment for obesity related or worsened illness? I don't think there are many obese people who would decline a NHS weight loss clinic?

The junk food industry has too strong a lobby in the government. I wonder how many MPs have shares in firms like Mr Kipling & others like them. How many of their long lunches are paid for by the sugar industry? It is time the government woke up to what is really causing the obesity epidemic.

Back