Fat to bin

Evening Diana,

That's a great result to only put half a pound on! All that coastal walking must have helped.

Maybe hubby would join you in a few healthy meals so he could enjoy himself more on your next holiday xx

Evening Diana,

That's a great result to only put half a pound on! All that coastal walking must have helped.

Maybe hubby would join you in a few healthy meals so he could enjoy himself more on your next holiday xx

I think he is going to as his friend is on a weight loss mission.. It must be making him think as he had dry toast for breakfast..

Bless him! Suddenly it doesn't seem such a good idea ... teasing you for trying to become healthier and happier! All those cream teas take their toll eventually don't they?!

Wouldn't it make things easier if he'd just follow what you're doing, and you could encourage each other! Men! *sigh*

I was ironing my holiday clothes this morning and thinking about what I hope to be ironing this time next year.. I was out and about today and found an outdoor shop I hadnt seen before. I fancied getting some stuff in smaller sizes for next years holiday and found all clothing and camping stock etc to be VERY much reduced .. 70% off Craghoppers clothes . I bought 2 microfleeces and 2 pairs of summer trousers that convert to 3/4 shorts in a smaller size well 2 sizes smaller .. ready for next year and a long coat with a removble fleece lining which is just a bit too tight so will do for this winter as well as next holiday .. We have very little luggage space in the car so thinking multi purpose and easy to pack stuff. I got home and had a mad clearout of my wardrobe and drawers... so satisfying .. 4 large bin liners full and plenty left to go at a later date.. 1 bag full was just old bras collected over years and in all colours, sizes and styles.... What on earth have I kept those for !!! .. Good grief.. I have just realised that it is nearly half past 4 and I have been so busy today, I havent got round to eating
y_woot.gif

Bless him! Suddenly it doesn't seem such a good idea ... teasing you for trying to become healthier and happier! All those cream teas take their toll eventually don't they?!

Wouldn't it make things easier if he'd just follow what you're doing, and you could encourage each other! Men! *sigh*

Yes ..good idea Dawn.. He really likes the healthy recipes I make , in fact says he likes them better than junk meals.. I heard him admit to his friend that he has no willpower whatsoever.. He hasnt !!!! The night we got back from holiday, he ordered Dominoes despite me saying we had had a lot of treats and maybe should have something less calorific.. I would love him to come to SW with me but the chances of that are zero :D .. Maybe seeing his friend shrinking will do the trick . Its not fair to nag but go about it with positive persuasion..

Hiya dmboanas

Hope you had a lovely holiday, sounds like you've been really busy today, hope your evening is more relaxing lol

Catch up with you later Boo xxx

Hi Diana,

How are you doing? xx

Hello.. I am utterly bogged down with start of term admin .. Its really pi**ing me off . I am a teacher and so far havent had time to even think about what to teach because of the hours of admin.. I used to be in primary schools but now I teach school leavers in a FE college so as a tutor I have to do masses of admin that you never deal with in primary. Its all TARGETS TARGETS and DO BETTER..I want to spend my time planning good lessons not admin paperwork...... Rant over but tis been particularly bad today. We start teaching on Monday and havent had a second to plan yet so will prob do it over the weekend..Eating wise, Im calorie counting which I like .......till the evening when the carb urges strike .. I have bought some clothes in a sale recently in 2 sizes smaller which I fully intend wearing next year .. Nice of you to see how Im doing ..thanks

hi diana thought i would pop in and say hi :wavey: hope u enjoyed ur hol, good idea to buy clothes for next year sounds like you got a bargain, there must be something in the air i sorted 3 bin bags of clothes for charity shop i was really strict with myself (some of the clothes still had tags on) but i know i'm not going to wear them so they had to go, felt much better afterwards its a job i've kept saying i'm going to do :rolleyes: i am away next wek so hope to be able to stick to plan as much as possible would love to come back with a loss :D have a good week end love val xx

Well , after a few weeks of CC , I am back on my evening binges.. I didnt have 1 in all the weeks I did SW so that tells me a lot.. I am reading a book about overeating at the moment and there is a lot about the quality of food in relation to hunger and cravings. I have decided to go back to SW on Thursday and get a grip to follow in your amazing examples here. I have been feeling pretty low for a while due to work and health issues but Im sure I will have a smile on my face and a spring in my step once I get back into the SW routine.. Not to mention feeling better for healthier foods.. Yes , I have enjoyed the freedom of eating what I wanted but so much of it isnt really food at all but bits of food padded out with lord knows what...

Hi Diana,
It will be lovely to have you back with us again x. My only problem with cc is that its possible to still eat rubbish while you're doing it...I've read of some people using all their allowance on chocolate/crisps etc and then still being hungry :(

I'm married to a retired teacher and he's always said there's far too much paperwork and not enough teaching! He actually stepped down as head of year because of it.

Hope you don't get too bogged down and still find time to enjoy your weekend xx

Hi Diana,
It will be lovely to have you back with us again x. My only problem with cc is that its possible to still eat rubbish while you're doing it...I've read of some people using all their allowance on chocolate/crisps etc and then still being hungry :(
Welcome back to SW Diana - I should be on commission as I think it is the only diet that truly encourages healthy eating and how to maintain it for life.

I had a big long ramble about calorie counting on a friends gold thread but I don't think you'll be able to see it so I'll repeat a bit of it here.

The nearer you get to goal the harder is it to lose as you weigh less and therefore need less to keep your body going. I know SW isn't about calories BUT
The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you are taking it – create a calorie deficit. There are lots of ways to do this, some not as healthy as others, Slimming World has created a plan to give you a calorie deficit with minimal effort on your part, follow and trust the plan.

This is one of the first things that Natt says on her thread about SW for Newbies. She also links to a couple of other threads at the end of first item in the thread that are also worth reading. This post isn't just for newbies, it's very useful for oldies too! And I'm not talking age here. :D
I go back and read it every now and then as it helps me remember the rules.

Did you watch the BBC Programme about losing weight? If not do go and watch it, it makes a lot of sense even though it is about calorie counting and not SW.

One of the things they say is eat foods that are filling - very SW - and showed 7 things that you could have for 300 cals
  • 10 small bits of chocolate
  • Muffin
  • Small Pork Pie
  • Fruit smoothie (1/2 pint)
  • Sandwich
  • Big bowl of fruit
  • Roast chicken with spuds and veg
Now a great, filling 600 cal meal would be the chicken and fruit. Imaging how hungry you would be in say 1 hour if you had the chocky and fruit smoothie? Same calories - less filling so you'll eat more!

How lovely to be missed Valerie ..and thats after such a short time here ..I have been extremely busy with work and prob will continue so till half term.. I have been a bit down too as so many of my friends have taken early retirement or redundancy and I feel a bit jealous of them doing what they like. Im 57 so the idea of retiring is rather nice. I would miss my students and my colleagues though. We are having our half termly charity shop run and lunch out tomorrow which is fun.. Eating wise!! Oh dear me ... I swing from one plan to another making no progress at all. I was going back to my SW class but a bit embarrassed as it will be the 2nd re join this year. How are you doing ?

Hi Diana x

Don't you dare be embarrassed to rejoin SW!!! We've all done it...some of us more than others and too many times to remember!!! :rolleyes:

Just go, if that's what you want. You should be totally welcomed back and not at all made to feel awkward :grouphugg: I'd put money on there being more re-joiners on here than newbies xxx

I totally second that!

One thing to remember is that it is a business so the more members the better, not to forget of course, that the leader is the one who makes it work and it's lovely if you get a good one.

How much longer do you have to do before retirement?
Many people I know who have retired often find that they are just as busy afterwards.

Hope things settle down a bit as the term progresses so that you can concentrate on your weight loss a bit better
Have a lovely run and lunch out tomorrow.

.:)

How lovely to be missed Valerie ..and thats after such a short time here ..I have been extremely busy with work and prob will continue so till half term.. I have been a bit down too as so many of my friends have taken early retirement or redundancy and I feel a bit jealous of them doing what they like. Im 57 so the idea of retiring is rather nice. I would miss my students and my colleagues though. We are having our half termly charity shop run and lunch out tomorrow which is fun.. Eating wise!! Oh dear me ... I swing from one plan to another making no progress at all. I was going back to my SW class but a bit embarrassed as it will be the 2nd re join this year. How are you doing ?
hi diana don't be embarassed to go back i have stopped and restarted so many times i have lost count the group leader will just be pleased to see u again, i did go through a sticky patch but have got my head back around it i need to lose another 1.5lb to get to target am hoping to do it this week :rolleyes: hope ur having a good weekend xx

Back