Fat to bin

oh my goodness, Im really touched by your replies .. Thank you !! I have been having to get used to a new level of pain over the weekend which is in several joints all at the same time . The pain wouldnt even simmer with my cocktail of painkillers and far worse than ever before. I will be fine once I get used to this next level.. Its amazing what you get used to.. I am waiting to have my third decompression operation in my neck but through the front this time !!! horrible thought.. I dont want to make excuses but it has been getting me to comfort eat a bit.. of course , putting weight on will only make matters worse.. Also a work colleague who is rather jealous of my teaching has turned everything into a competition ...even my pain level.Honestly, she said she had a much higher pain threshhold as she doesnt have to take pain relief like me ( she has a bad knee). She made out that I was weak and she was super woman .. It pretty pi**ed me off !!! Anyway, I have a lovely group of students and I have just finished a very creative few hours designing work sheets for next week.. I am quite happy despite the clapped out body :D

:bighug: i can't pretend to understand what this op is as I don't understand? but it doesn't sound very nice :bighug:

I hate people like that sweetie just take no notice. I find them very sad. I have a sister like it who can compete with anything and everything :rolleyes:

Come back to SW as I really miss you xxxxxx

Hi Diana,

Oh that pain sounds awful, and so does the op :(

As for the silly cow at work...stuff her! :slap:

Simples! :D

I have the same thing with one of my sisters..always likes to think her pain is soo much worse than mine!
As for the taking painkillers, I find that no matter what tabs your on it just takes the edge off the pain but certainly doesn't make it go away.
I have had the most horrendous pain this last 48hrs or so in both my arms and my back. Just have to suck it up and get on with things as best as one can! So I do know where you are coming from Diana.
Hope things will ease up for you after your next op.

Oh sorry you are so uncomfortable Emaline.. Your right about just getting on with life though.. You just learn to adapt and put up .. Its amazing what you take as being normal.. For a few hours last night , I felt quite calm and relaxed before realising that I hadnt any pain at all... It was so different.. I would rather have this than things some poor people are having to suffer..Had a lovely day at work where one of my young men with Downes syndrome told me I was his sweetheart !!

Hiya dmboanas

So sorry to hear that you are in a lot of pain, sending you a hug, it must be horrible for you, thank you for popping into my diary to see how I'm doing, hope you have a comfortable day and that your painkillers start to kick in more, catch up with you soon Boo xxx

Thanks for popping in Val..
Im plodding along and working with the pain ..like a woman does:D. Pretty hopeless on the weight loss front . Just came back to work from a hospital appointment for my husband.. He is now on waiting list for an operation on both legs for achillies tendon operation.. He will be in plaster for 8 weeks on each leg !!!! Oh my goodness ..what a prospect :eek:
How are you ? I keep saying it BUT I am toying with going back to SW class tonight.. I say this each Thursday :D

hi diana GO BACK, i've just reached my target i really never thought i would get here if i can do it so can you we will support you xx
sorry ur in pain know exactly how that feels i have neck & back probs so am in constant pain now my right hand is playing up very stiff & painful but as u said we just have to get on with it, re- ur hubbies op will they do them both together? hopefully he won't have to wait to long. i hope the next message you put on here will be to say u went back to class :rolleyes: hope ur having a good day xx

hi diana GO BACK, i've just reached my target i really never thought i would get here if i can do it so can you we will support you xx
sorry ur in pain know exactly how that feels i have neck & back probs so am in constant pain now my right hand is playing up very stiff & painful but as u said we just have to get on with it, re- ur hubbies op will they do them both together? hopefully he won't have to wait to long. i hope the next message you put on here will be to say u went back to class :rolleyes: hope ur having a good day xx
Thanks Val
Actually, I have neither gone back to class nor had a good day.. Im getting a bit scared at my lack of control.. I told my husband today that he needs to shape up for the op so we may be able to do this together..
Well done on getting to target ,,how much did you lose? Did you go to a class?
Have you got osteo arthritis too? All these questions :D

Thanks Val
Actually, I have neither gone back to class nor had a good day.. Im getting a bit scared at my lack of control.. I told my husband today that
he needs to shape up for the op so we may be able to do this together..
Well done on getting to target ,,how much did you lose? Did you go to a class?
Have you got osteo arthritis too? All these questions :D
hi diana i have lost 2st 10lbs i did set my target higher than what i wanted but i have always struggled to keep the weight off i may reset my target depending if i carry on losing weight while trying to maintain, yes i go to class i needed to, i tried doing it on my own but kept putting the weight back on, i weigh the members at my group which i love it makes me go every week even if i think i've put on cause i know i can't let them down .regarding my back i have widespread degenarative disease of my spine of which nothing can be done and have disc bulges in my neck i have been on various different cocktails of painkillers but don't take anything anymore as none of them have offered any relief so can't see the point in taking them, i was given a tens machine from the hosp i was thinking about trying it again but have to get a new battery for it must put it on my shopping list, i do find the constant pain gets me down i was hoping losing weight might help :rolleyes: but there are a lot of people worse off than me so count myself lucky. i still have days where i could pig out but i want to be slim soooo much i love being able to go into any shop and buy a size 14 knowing it's going to fit me i don't want to go back to having to wear an 18 or 20 again :eek: hopefully ur husband can do it with u it will help good luck xx

Evening Diana (or is it morning...)

Val is so right! She really talks a lot of sense! You're not happy as you are...go back to sw! And we'll keep you going! Xx

What have you got to lose except for a load of weight you really don't want? ;) xx

I chose to CC for easy and lazy evening meals.. I come home from work hungry and tired and need to have the least preperation meals available .. My OH is totally useless and his favourite foods are junk so no use asking him to help.. I could look for those raw but ready to cook meals that are very low syn and just add potato and veg or whatever. Without a doubt , I eat more healthily on the SW plan as it is too tempting to use up a large percentage of calories on junk food ..and I do then end up hungry for obvious reasons .. When I was a girl ..SW type of eating was the norm apart from the bread because there were no ready meals or even supermarkets .. Butchers and greengrocers sold you the basics and you learned to cook .. We are bombarded with so much junk that we have developed a liking for .. Everywhere you go there are almost obscene sized chocolate bars and trays of donuts etc .. You dont have to use a pan any more and many dont .. oh Im away now !!!
Ive had a wierd set of symptoms for a week now which is griping stomach ache , feeling a bit dizzy and off my food but at the same time desperately hungry..strange .. I bought some probiotics today to see if that might calm the gurglings down a bit.. Im actually here on my computer trying to plan tomorrows lessons !!:D Shape and position.. We are working on a big Autumn display too which is fun and some wonderful work being done..

Come back to sw with us Diana, we'll help you. I only cook quick meals. If I am being lazy I often have chilli, spag bol, make an sw quiche and have half with salad or veggies, jacket spuds, casserole in a slow cooker?? sw chips and egg? YOur lesson planning sounds good, not good for a sunday but interesting.

Hope the tummy settles down. Have you tried Aloe vera? its brilliant for digestion :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for that suggestion Jackie.. I have some aloe vera tablets somewhere.. I bought some aloe vers body cream from H&B and its the best for dry skin ever.. far better than E45, bit expensive though. Lessons ready with mix of watching, listening and making with lots of fun .. All my lessons are based on having fun while learning.. I like it and they like it ..

Thank you..yes loads better. Bought multivitamin with probiotics and taken the aloe vera too so somethings worked..
Having a better day too, I was ok yesterday till came home from work tired and hungry after a late stay . Just got tea on and about to sit down with drink when saw poor kitten unable to walk and meowing in pain.. Tea abandoned and off to the vet !! Barry stopped at vets with suspected broken leg.. This morning ..he was fine !!! What a drama king ..Lovely day at work and so far I have avoided the evening carb attack.. Well I wont have one now ..too late ..

Back