Fat to bin

Hiya Diana

Just popped in to say hi and see how your doing, sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for popping into my diary to see how I'm doing, Mr Boo has shingles now poor love but still has a smile on his face.

Catch up with you soon Boo xxx

I have managed to get myself back on track . Day 3 now .... Once the first good day is over and the next..it gets easier and you dont want to blow it ..

hmmmm I can see I shall have to make more of an effort ;) good to have you back :D xxxxx

Hi Diana, I see you have the same problem with taking..or not taking painkillers..they really don't work for me either altho' they just take the edge off the pain a bit.

Wonder whether your tum upset is IBS?
Yogurt is very good for settling it down.

Am having the same iffy days with dieting and have just completed two days back to the grind, so hoping that it will continue now as my cruise is creeping ever nearer!.... :eek:

Hope you had a good day.

Hi Diana,

Quick post as I've just seen the time and the hoards will be home in a min and I haven't started dinner yet!!!

Nice to see you're giving it another go hunni, well done. I still recommend re joining group but of course it's your decision x

At our group last night we discussed the problems of cooking quick and easy meals using store cupboard ingredients/tins and our c had lots of good ideas. She emailed them to us so I thought I'd sent it on to you...

"Tesco's Tins

Macaroni cheese-5.5 syns the whole can on E/E & G

Great poured over roasting veg and cooked in oven.

Liquidized to make a creamy cheese sauce again for veg or instead of bechemal sauce in Lasagne.

With a J.Spud.

Mixed up with chopped up veg and eggs for a quiche.

Beef Ravioli- 6 syns the whole can. On E/E & G

Yummy with egg, bacon & chips.

With a J.Spud.

On Toast.

Spaghetti Bolognaise-6.5 syns the whole tin on E/E & G

With a J.Spud.

On Toast.

New Potato's- Syn free on E/E & G.

Roasted in the oven with spices of your choice.

Sliced and fried with spices & Frylight.

Potato salad.

Chopped up with other veg add eggs & cottage cheese for a quiche.

Heinz Beans sweet chilli-Free on E/E & G.

Great on toast.

With a J.Spud.

Egg, bacon.

Added to other mixed beans, tomatoes & Quorn for a speedy Syn Free Chilli.

Cod Roe-Free on E/E & R

Sliced & Fried with Frylight

Sliced and rolled into spiced couscous & baked in the oven.

Feed it to your cats.....They WILL LOVE YOU!!!!!!

PS: I bought Birds Eye Baked to Perfection Wild Salmon in a lemon & herb & butter sauce.....Syn free on E/E & R.....Absolutely Delicious. I had it with New Potatoes & green beans."

Hope there might be a few things you might like to try there xxx

Ah well !!! I had an amazingly busy weekend with my 2 baby grandsons and family.. On Monday, my daughter dropped the bombshell that she had a breast lump and was given an emergency appointment at the breast care centre yesterday . After a very stressful morning, she was given the all clear.. There is a large benign mass but nothing serious.. what a relief. We had a takeaway celebration and a bottle of champagne I had saved for Christmas.. I dont usually like the stuff but this was £12 reduced from £32 at Sainsburys and was really nice.. Sadly , the offer is now over :mad:.. I have had a good day , both eating and at work .. I do appreciate you chasing me up !!

Hi Diana,

Wow! Good news about your 3lbs loss! I shouldn't worry about HOW you lost it...just celebrate the fact that you lost it at all lol!!

And even better news about your daughter hunni. If there was ever a time to open a special bottle of fizz should be opened...that was it! xx

dmboanas said:
Goodness knows how I have done it but I lost 3lbs.. Wonders will never cease.. I dont deserve the loss at all may be nervous energy :D

Hi Diana glad all ok with ur daughter I know how worrying it is, well done on ur loss good to see u on here xxx

I had arranged to go to SW class with my daughter this week and that I would pay for us both.. Thats a fair bit of money a month .. SO .. my husband has started the lard club at our house on Thursday evenings.. When I got home last night he has a preadsheet ready for both of us that updates when ypou put in details.. He had some quotes for us for the week ahead and kept sending us new member messages.. We both got weighed after work in our underwear ( in downstaris toilet ) and had to report the weight to the new class manager .. What a laugh .. Anyway , I have 47 lbs to lose as currently have a BMI of 33
.I think this is going to really work for me and hopefully it might rub off on him enough to join in.. He darent get on the scales and hasnt got weighed for many years as he knows all too well that he is overweight.. Half term .. Yeah but loads of work to do . I will have to dicipline myself enough to do it .. I am following the scottish slimmers plan which I am happy with and my daughter is folllowing SW..

Nice that you enjoyed time with the grandsons but what a shock with the D's news. Great that everything turned out fine in the end.

As for OH and his spreadsheets, am really surprised that you can take it in good humour with him being a lardy as well...talk about pot and black!!

Well done on the 3lb. Yay!!

(p.s. All my friends call me Emm.)

Last edited:
Got some curried soup cooking away and sugar free jelly with fruit in setting so lots of fill up food ready..
I had a temperature yestrday and felt exhausted.. I tanked up with paracetamol and went out in the beautiful sunny Autumn day which was hard work but lovely.. Today Im fine again ..weird but Im pleased.. I had a lot of sneezing and a drippy nose off and on on Friday so it must have been a flash in the pan cold..
I went to my patio doors yesterday to see a mountain of white feathers like someone had emptied a pillow .. In the middle was a grey furry cat plucking the biggest pigeon with his teeth :eek: Horrors .. My husband is a bit bird phobic and I hate to see the killed creatures so I had to get rid and clean up all the feathers sharpish.. Not easy with a strong wind blowing... I was chasing feathers all over the garden trying to get rid of the evidence otherwise the cat would be locked out for days by my husband.. There has been a lot od deliberate cat poisioning here lately.. Dozens of pet cats have been given antifreeze and died horrible deaths. I can understand people not liking them when they do things like that let alone digging up flower beds and pooing all over ..but even so .. A good old fashioned water pistol might be kinder.

hi diana glad ur feeling better x do u suffer from hayfever cause my b/f was sneezing like mad on friday and had to stuff tissue up his nose cause it wouldn't stop running but he was fine the following day :confused: poor bird but unfortunately that's cats for u when i lived at home with my mum our cat would bring birds, mice and slow worms to the back door yuk lol. it's awful that someone is poisoning the cats i know they can be annoying but as you say a water pistol should suffice. have a good week love val xx

Morning Diana,

Glad you and your daughter have a plan now x How's it going?

We're surrounded by neighbours cats here! We thought that we might have problems with Suki chasing them...and she does...but she's the only one that runs! The cats just stand still and hiss at her...and she starts crying and I hav to rescue her lol! She's such a baby bless her!

aww bless. We have my daughters big black lab here a lot and he is terrified of the cat . Wont even come downstairs if its at the bottom. I lost 3lbs this week which would have been more if I hadnt had fish and chips yesterday. I had been out all afternoon and really hungry for most of it so I enjoyed them sooooo much. My husband came home to eat choc ice with thick creamy yoghurt over but I had a cup of tea .. Next week I will be back at work so not having to use so many checks ( scottish slimmers ) on cake /scones etc ..
We had been on the North Yorkshire moors in the sunshine. roof off the car and enjoying my mid life toy .. Snug as anything with the heater on and heated seats ...even when it got dark. It was a beautiful sunst and cloudless sky.. exhilarating with top off !!!!

Back