Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Favour Icemoose

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by bettyboo, 11 January 2007 Social URL.

1. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi there

Can you please post or link me to the detailed explanation you gave before as to how many calories it takes to burn a 1lb etc.

Thanks a million

Bettyboo:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Hope he's here in a mo betty ... I don't have the link to the detailed explanation but I do know 1lb of fat = 3500 cals.

4. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Yeh me too I was telling my hubby bout that.....and he didnt believe me

5. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya

Can't find it but RD is correct that it is 3500 calories to a pound of fat and incidentally only 600 calories for a pound of muscle.

M.

6. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks a mill.........

Any word on the TT

Thanks

Bettyboo

7. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Just replied on the other thread.

M.

8. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Just found this .............[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Note: This assumes that you are almost totally inactive. In order to determine the caloric requirements added by excercise, go to step 3 [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]A[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Basal Metabolic Rate[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Body weight multiplied by 12 (for men) or 11 (for women)[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]e.g., 160 lbs. x 12 = 1920[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]B[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Activity [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]One third body weight multiplied by the number of hours you don't sleep, typically 16 hours[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]160 lbs. x 1/3 = 53 x 16 = 848[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]D[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Required Calories[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]A + B [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]1920 + 848 = 2768[/FONT]

Thanks MIKE

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.