Favour Icemoose

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by bettyboo, 11 January 2007 Social URL.

1. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi there

Can you please post or link me to the detailed explanation you gave before as to how many calories it takes to burn a 1lb etc.

Thanks a million

Bettyboo:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Hope he's here in a mo betty ... I don't have the link to the detailed explanation but I do know 1lb of fat = 3500 cals.

4. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Yeh me too I was telling my hubby bout that.....and he didnt believe me

5. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya

Can't find it but RD is correct that it is 3500 calories to a pound of fat and incidentally only 600 calories for a pound of muscle.

M.

6. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks a mill.........

Any word on the TT

Thanks

Bettyboo

7. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Just replied on the other thread.

M.

8. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Just found this .............[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Note: This assumes that you are almost totally inactive. In order to determine the caloric requirements added by excercise, go to step 3 [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]A[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Basal Metabolic Rate[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Body weight multiplied by 12 (for men) or 11 (for women)[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]e.g., 160 lbs. x 12 = 1920[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]B[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Activity [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]One third body weight multiplied by the number of hours you don't sleep, typically 16 hours[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]160 lbs. x 1/3 = 53 x 16 = 848[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]D[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]Required Calories[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]A + B [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,SunSans-Regular]1920 + 848 = 2768[/FONT]

Thanks MIKE

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.