Favourite CD Products

LOL -- another OCD Minimins Gal

I've just tried the Chocolate and Mint shake for breakfast, was super disappointed :(
Thankfully I only got 2 of them.

Now I'm even more scared of the Forest Fruits shake, I only got 1 of those so I might have it tomorrow and get it over with!!

I'm having the butterscotch for "dinner" this evening (I have all my packs for the week laid out into little bundles of 3, how obsessive!), can't wait for Wednesday when I can go to my CDC and get a whole stack of the Toffee and Walnut!!

Hi Miss_Laura --

Sorry you did not like the Choc Mint. I guess that is why the variety is good. Are you are savoury person? Maybe the soups would be better for you. (It is certainly a soup day here -- rainy.)

I do the same... I have seven plastic bags and sort my day's rations into the bags (then store them in a "special box" on top of the fridge -- so, if I go to the fridge: I see my box). And, as I go on in the diet, I will add the little extras: bullion packs, tea bags, a daily exercise/water card (with tick bixes for the 1/2 liters, and what I should do that day -- i.e. leg work, upper body, fitness class, etc.). (the wrote up the cards and then laminated them -- so I could use dry erase on them. Then, I could check and see if I had a meal, drank all my water, done my fitness, etc. (It sounds as if I have Alzheimers... maybe I do, I keep forgetting). I did this when I was on LL -- it worked well for me. I need a PLAN: I am too scatty otherwise.

MM

Hi Miss_Laura --

Sorry you did not like the Choc Mint. I guess that is why the variety is good. Are you are savoury person? Maybe the soups would be better for you. (It is certainly a soup day here -- rainy.)

I do the same... I have seven plastic bags and sort my day's rations into the bags (then store them in a "special box" on top of the fridge -- so, if I go to the fridge: I see my box). And, as I go on in the diet, I will add the little extras: bullion packs, tea bags, a daily exercise/water card (with tick bixes for the 1/2 liters, and what I should do that day -- i.e. leg work, upper body, fitness class, etc.). (the wrote up the cards and then laminated them -- so I could use dry erase on them. Then, I could check and see if I had a meal, drank all my water, done my fitness, etc. (It sounds as if I have Alzheimers... maybe I do, I keep forgetting). I did this when I was on LL -- it worked well for me. I need a PLAN: I am too scatty otherwise.

MM

Oh guys you are all so organized its scary.yeiks I am officially a scatter brain...you have to be pulling my leg...you do this and a special box? Ok but i can see how that can set good boundaries?

bella

LOL Bel,

My "Special Box" is a cardboard box that I covered with black and white checked contact paper -- so it would better. But, when I see it... I know there's my food, not inside the fridge or in a cupboard. It does help.

MM

That is the right idea!!!

on my box if I get one I am going to stick photos of
total gorgeousness jimmy choo shoes and Naomi campbell

bella

Yes, that is the perfect plan. I have my LL before and after pictures posted inside my snack cupboard -- so, when I open the door: I see what I was, what I became and what I will be again.

And, doing up the box is good fun!!!

I have a collage that I made taped up where I walk past it several times a day -- it is composed of inspriational pictures and thoughts. (We made these a LL counselling session.)

MM

Hi girls!

Coming to the end of my 3rd day on ss. I really cant stand the soups, the porridges i could handle if i manage to get all the lumps out but they just dont wanna budge grrrrrrr. Havent had any probs with the shakes, tho not keen on the choc tetra. My hand blender has been invaluable for the powder shakes! Tried a choc mint at work but had to mix it by shaking it which was rubbish and lumpy so think il stick to the tetra packs for work!

Not been as bad as i thought it was gonna be, its just having a full bladder all the time that annoys me, especially at work as the bathroom is next door to the parents room...ooops!

Hi Miss_Laura --

Haha no I like the sweet ones as well as the savoury soups, just not choc I guess. I've been ranting and raving about how much I adore the toffee and walnut shake in my diary, and I like the vanilla too although I do find ALL the shakes too sweet.

I was wondering why the sweet shakes are all super sweet, and all the savoury packs are really really salty... it doesn't seem logical and I hope it doesn't put us all into the habit of eating really sweet and salty things for when we come off the Cambridge Diet, and thus make us pile the weight all back on :(

MM

That's a great idea! I need to get me a box to decorate XD

Yeah i find everything really salty, i dont mind the shakes being sweet but i think they are salty too. I always put a bit extra water in to try to dilute them a bit but doesnt make much difference.

ive not tried them all but so far my favs are bananna (shake) choc mint and choc box. I find butterscotch and vanilla have a really powdery after taste and leave me coughing

Hi Miss Laura,

You wrote:
I was wondering why the sweet shakes are all super sweet, and all the savoury packs are really really salty... it doesn't seem logical and I hope it doesn't put us all into the habit of eating really sweet and salty things for when we come off the Cambridge Diet, and thus make us pile the weight all back on :(

The answer to this is question is the same as the one to "why 'sugar free' foods are often high and in fat; and 'Fat Free' foods often are high in sugar."

The manuafactuers increase one (or more) of the flavour elements to compensate for the lack of ....

The CD food is low on carbohydrates, sugar, fat, etc. So they boost the artificial sweetners and/or salt to make up for this -- otherwise most people would find them impossible to consume.

Relearning (or learning) how to cook with less salt, etc. by using more flavourful spices, juices, etc. is key making food palatable yet healthy. (Think: Mediterranean Diet)

MM

Relearning (or learning) how to cook with less salt, etc. by using more flavourful spices, juices, etc. is key making food palatable yet healthy. (Think: Mediterranean Diet)

MM

I've spent most of my adult life learning to use different flavours and spices (I was vegan for 5 years), and to retrain my palette to liking less sweet and salty things in order to reduce calorie intake, and now I kind of feel like all that work is being undone as I'm only consuming things which are, IMO, incredibly sweet and salty! Oh well - it will be worth it in the end I'm sure!

Miss Laura -- Were you thin when you were a vegan? And, why did you stop?

MM

I was much smaller yes, and I stopped when I moved in with my meat-eating boyfriend, the compromise was that we would only cook veggie in the house (i.e. no meat, but we would have eggs/cheese).

I'm a fan of the choc, choc mint, chicken and mushroom soup, apple porridge and the choc tetras. I am yet to try the maple and plain porridges and the tomato soup :)

Sounds like a good plan

I was much smaller yes, and I stopped when I moved in with my meat-eating boyfriend, the compromise was that we would only cook veggie in the house (i.e. no meat, but we would have eggs/cheese).

Hi Laura --

That sounds very reasonable. It made it easier for you to eat out and use recipes -- and it made for a healthier diet for him.
(I was vegetarian for a long time -- then as a older teenager I slowly added meat to diet -- probably to "fit in" or rebel against my mother.)

I just had my first banana shake -- I liked it a lot better than the LL banana. Still think the Choc Mint is the best. :)

I hope you have a good weekend.

MM

Had the Thai Soup (I think it was called). LOVED IT!!! Very tasty and even had little bits in it to chew.

MM

Hi i have been on this a few months in total but i have tried all the flavours i think it depends what sort of person you are. I am a sweet tooth and have ready mixed chocolate and strawberry mixes. I can never be bothered to stand making them i know it is less than 10 seconds really but i just prefer to go to the cupboard take it out and drink.

Choc Mint Crunch Bar

Bummer... I was sooooo looking forward to being able to have bars this week -- and so many people had raved about the Choc Mint Crunch, but I have one word for the bar: YUCK!

It does have kind of a mint choc taste, though no where near as nice as the shake -- and the texture is horrible. It is not chewy, not crunchy -- just kind of like sawdusty.

I'll make a note on this one.

MM

Back