Favourite CD Products

I can never seem to get 100% rid of all the powder (I am super sensitive to texture issues with my food though)
I read that people on here have all sorts of methods to make their shakes perfect (add water to powder, add powder to water, shake for ages, hand whisk, mix into a paste then add remaining etc etc)
I think I'm just fussy.
Also I think some favours just mix better than others.

@Janelle --

The "some mixing better than others" is certainly true of the LL and American FFL CD products. I have issues with food textures, too.

I use an electric hand blender and it seems to work best for me. I could never get the drinks mixed well enough with a shaker.

MM

Just had my first UK CD product. I went with a Choc Mint shake as they seem to be very popular. I can see why -- it was very tasty. :)

MM

thats the only shake I have - choc mint! Its liquid after eights x

@rumbly-tums -- "Liquid After Eights" good description or as an American might say, "Liquid York Peppermint Patties" (one of my childhood favs).

This shake was a godsend... our mail from the States was delayed due to the airport issues, so family Christmas parcels were late. By the time my sister's package arrived I had started ssing... and guess what she sent YORK PEPPERMINT PATTIES!!!! I had to get rid of them without eating one!

I no longer feel so heartbroken. ;)

MM

Last edited:
Just had my first chocolate orange CD shake.... lovin' it even more than the Choc Mint!!!

MM

the choc mint bar - really cold from the fridge - yummy yummy yummy!!

Okay... late lunch. My first Butterscotch. At first I thought it tasted a little like soap (I used to say naughty words, so I know what soap tastes like), but it is growing on me. Maybe I am really hungry. ;)

MM

ok I'm gonna go against the grain and say I love the soups! Spicy tomato with loads of fresh basil, Oriental Chilli with fresh coriander, chicken and mushroom, and sometimes vegeatable. I use the vanilla shake (a quarter at a time) in my coffee, and take a banana, strawberry or chocolate tetra brik to work. I actually look forward to my soups lol

I haven't tried many yet but as I mentioned in my diary I *LOVE* the Toffee and Walnut shake, I really like the Oriental Chilli soup (I definitely look forward to my soups!) and the Cappuccino shake too.

Very much looking forward to trying choc mint and also the butterscotch!

I'm a little bit scared of the Fruits of the Forest shake - has anyone tried that one?

Just tried the choc mint bars and they get a big yuck from me :( shame since I love choc mint but at least I now know :)

I can not stand the soups!! No idea why but just something about them. I hate-
Butterscotch
Fruits of the forest
Banana
Strawberry
Coffee

I love-
Chocolate
Chocolate mint
And all the bars lol

But I have a mega sweet tooth and have to have at least 3 sweetners in my shakes lol

Sweetners in the shakes?! Wow! I find them already far too sweet, I can't imagine what that must be like haha!

haha no i love them!! Lol im not to keen on them without the sweetners lol naughty i know! :p

I also put sweetners in the shakes I have even put water flavorings in them and that makes them VERY sweet. I tend to need the shakes sweeter when i am a bit emotional

Bella

Fruits of the Forest Shake

@Bel and Kimmie --
Have either of you tried the Fruits of the Forest shake? I just had one for breakfast and I think it is definitely more of a dessert thing. VERY SWEET. Reminded me a bit of Baskin and Robbins Rasberry ice cream. Or some sort of sherbet.

Review of shake: Did not seem to mix well (and I use an electric hand blender). a bit lumpy -- good for Bel. ;)

As I said -- very sweet almost sickly (and I have a sweet tooth). So, not for breakfast... maybe for a late night craving fix.

MM

Hi Mel,

My first visit to my CDC she gave me one of every flavour... i will NEVER forgive her for that lol!!

Most i find are quite lumpy, the only ones that dont seem to be are choc and choc mint!

I have 2 choc mint shakes a day and 1 choc mint bar... its awfully exciting in the Nilsson household lol

I love tha banana and strawb but cant be doing with the constant arm ache trying to get rid of the lumps lol

hope you find your favourites soon!

xxxx

@Lauren -- Do you use an electric handblender? I have a Braun and it works very well. It really makes all the difference.

I loved the Chocolate Mint -- I can't have a bars to next week, but am really looking forward to them.

MM

I've just tried the Chocolate and Mint shake for breakfast, was super disappointed :(
Thankfully I only got 2 of them.

Now I'm even more scared of the Forest Fruits shake, I only got 1 of those so I might have it tomorrow and get it over with!!

I'm having the butterscotch for "dinner" this evening (I have all my packs for the week laid out into little bundles of 3, how obsessive!), can't wait for Wednesday when I can go to my CDC and get a whole stack of the Toffee and Walnut!!

Back