1 large onion chopped
1 garlic clove crushed (optional)
400g broccoli roughly chopped
1.2 lts hot chicken or veg stock
2x 420g tins of butterbeans drained
1tsp dried rosemary or 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
freshly ground black pepper

Method
Spray pan with low fat oil and fry the bacon onion and garlic.
Add the broccoli and cover to sweat for 5 mins.
Add stock and bring to boil
Add butterbeans and rosemary and season with pepper.
Cover and simmer until broccoli tender.
Liquidise for a delicious creamy textured soup

Soup may be frozen
Enjoy!

Garlic with Butter Beans and Red Pepper Soup

Free on Extra Easy and Green

Ingredients:

8 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
2 tins of Butter Beans
2 Red Peppers, chopped

1 Vegetable Stockpot
1 Herb Infusion Stockpot
1 Tblsp Hot Paprika
1 Litre of Water
Salt & Pepper to taste

Method:
1. Chop Onions, Red Peppers and Crush Garlic Cloves, add Butterbeans and Cannellini Beans.
2. Boil your water and add the Vegetable Stockpot and Herb Infusion Stockpot (or you can just add dried herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary) add the tablespoon of Hot Paprika. Pour over the above.
3. Bring to Boil then simmer until Red Peppers and Onions are cooked.
4. Either leave chunky or liquidise.
5. Add Salt and Pepper if required.
Note:
Adding Bacon lardoons is fabulous. Fry them in a pan, and add them to the soup before you serve it (this obviously stops it from being a vegetarian soup!). Also only free on Extra Easy.
If you use Smoked Bacon, you can dry fry it, then add it along with the Butter Beans etc to give this soup a smoky flavour.

misskiki said:
Okay So I love the sound of a lot of these recipes and will be trying them out :) The soup i'm loving at the minute is one our group leader gave us that she got from a friend.

Super Speed Soup
2 Tins of tomatoes
1 Tin of baked beans
1 Tin of green lentils
1 Tin mixed beans
1 onion
2 carrots
2 parsnips
2 leeks
3 peppers (any colour)
2 beef stock cubes

Method:
Add all the tinned food into a pot, then chopp veg and add to pot. Add 1pint of water to the stock cubes and put in pot. Cook for 3mins then blend.

I drink a few cups a day :) You can add spices and salt to flavour

Just made this soup. Im nor a fan of lentils or beans except baked beans. I used chicken stock instead of beef too and just put in pressure cooker then blitzed it. Omg it is GORGEOUS am nicely surprised and makes loads just gonna freeze some and take for lunches in work fills u up a lot too

I can't wait to try some of these soups :) really looking forward to the garlic, butterbean and red pepper one

Made a lovely, simple and very speedy soup tonight...so nice I had to make a 2nd batch for work this week!

I've started buying diced frozen onions for speedy dinners and in case of onion emergency (peeling onions is a kitchen pet hate!), but in tesco they also do frozen chopped onions, carrots and celery for stews and sauces. Well I bunged about quarter of a bag of that into a pan, one clove of garlic, a bit of oregano, a tin of chopped tomatoes, half a vegetable stock cube and one tin of boiling water...simmered, blended and BOOM! Absolutely yummy and so easy. Lots of speed veg and surprisingly filling.

I agree Helliecopter - frozen veg are an absolute godsend when you are in a rush (or just hate chopping onions!)

Michelle

I made this last night for OH's lunch today. Taken from from Good Food website.

Spiced Lentil soup

Ingredients

oil for frying (substitute with 'fry light')
a small piece ginger , peeled and grated
1 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch chilli flakes
1 onion , finely chopped
2 large carrots , peeled and grated
150g red lentils
1l vegetable stock fresh, cube or concentrate
1 lime , juiced to taste
a small bunch coriander leaves

Method

Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan and fry the ginger and spices for a couple of minutes. Add the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes more then add the lentils and stock.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the lentils are tender. Blend until smooth or leave chunky. Stir through a squeeze of lime juice and serve sprinkled with coriander.

Very quick and easy,

Enjoy!

im not a brilliant cook but this worked for me... chopped green and red pepper, red onion thinly sliced, chopped mushrooms.. all done in fry light then added to a saucepan of passata. i also chopped quorn sausages into squares and added them, altho i never added any herbs or spices it tasted really nice :D

Parsnip soup - supposedly welsh recipe (at least that's what the book says)

Parsnips - peeled and diced
Onion - diced
Vegetable Stock
Ginger,
salt and pepper to taste.

Parsnip soup - supposedly welsh recipe (at least that's what the book says)

Parsnips - peeled and diced
Onion - diced
Vegetable Stock
Ginger,
salt and pepper to taste.

If it's Welsh, then I will have to give it a go!

Is it root ginger?

Chicken and sweetcorn soup - 2 tins creamed style sweetcorn 2 tins water 1 knorr chicken stockpot 1 cooked and shredded chicken breast 1 egg salt and pepper........Add all ingredients in the pan except egg. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 15 mins. Beat and add in the egg. Stir this in and serve, add salt and pepper to taste. OK its not gloopy like the Chinese restaurant one, but its really tasty, tastes just the same. And very filling and free on ee. But remember to have a third superfree before yr soup. Enjoy x:D:D:D:D

Hi what veg and stock do u use looks yummy
Could you please post the recipee

I used a pre-prepared pack of vegetables for soup from Tesco, a Knorr Chicken stock pot (love Marcos cheeky face on the box ;)) and some chicken breast, all cooked together....very simple, very tasty x

ginlin said:
I used a pre-prepared pack of vegetables for soup from Tesco, a Knorr Chicken stock pot (love Marcos cheeky face on the box ;)) and some chicken breast, all cooked together....very simple, very tasty x

Thanks I got stuff for it today going to have a go tomorrow looks tasty

Leek & Potato Soup...

2 Leeks
500g Potatoes
1 Onion
900ml Chicken Stock (made with Knorr stock cubes)
3 Cloves Garlic
Salt & Pepper to Season.

The easiest way to make this yummy soup is slice the leeks, onion and cube the potatoes and peel the garlic and leave whole. Add the a large pan with 900ml chicken stock, season with salt & pepper, bring to the boil, simmer for 30 mins.

I always blend this soup as the potato makes it very thick & creamy ;)

You could freeze it without the egg and just add that after you have heated it through. Just make sure that the cooked chicken wasn't frozen previously.

I love bean soup

1 tin baked beans
1 tin of 5 bean salad
1 tin of lentils
1 tin of tomato
1 tin of butter beans
1 onion
celery chopped
carrots chopped
2 stock cubes
salt pepper and coriander
tomato puree
and a sprinkle of pearl barley

Through it in the slow cooker for hours and hours I also add 2 beef oxo cubes just add a bit of a meaty taste

Last me all week and it can be frozen

Back