Total Solution Fed up of the fat; Exante diet

I didn't like the Turkey dinner so I now mix it ratio 1:2 with the Shepherds pie & it tastes much better.

Enjoy experimenting with the packs, I have most of my shakes & the porridge in the form of a pancake by mixing to a batter & then putting them in the microwave for about 4 minutes.

Have a good day Ella x

Sorry you had a rubbish night but well done on resisting the urge to rush to Tesco's for an egg mayo sandwich! I haven't tried the turkey dinner but have tried the chilli pack. It tasted OK but didn't look in the least bit appetizing. I also have the shepherd's pie and the spag bol to try and lots of people seem to really like these so fingers crossed. Hope your day goes well.

Hi Cate, I have tried all the meals except chilli and mushroom risotto, and so far the turkey one is the only one I can't stomach, which I was quite surprised about.

I hope you're having a good day!

Start weight: 18.7
Prep week: 17.13 (-8lbs)
Week 1:

I didn't like the Turkey dinner so I now mix it ratio 1:2 with the Shepherds pie & it tastes much better.

Enjoy experimenting with the packs, I have most of my shakes & the porridge in the form of a pancake by mixing to a batter & then putting them in the microwave for about 4 minutes.

Have a good day Ella x

Hi Susie,
I will try that with the shep's pie mix. If that's not to my liking either I will mix the rest of the turkey packs with chickpea flour or akra and make some little patties with them. I'll stick them in the freezer for emergencies or food week.

I like the sound of porridge pancakes, as I'm not too keen on the apple and cinnamon, but don't have a microwave. I could give it a go in a frying pan, or baked as biscuits.

I'll definitely need to experiment with done of them. I think it's the texture of the meal packs that'll get to me... Soya flour has quite a slimy texture that can be quite difficult. I'm really missing veg, I've been craving broccoli & gravy all morning, so I reckon I'll have to add some steamed green veg to the meal packs to improve texture and satiate my fresh food cravings.

How are you today? Did I see you are gigging in Barbican tonight?

Week 1:

I didn't go back to sleep. After I got up to go to the loo it felt a bit lazy to go back to sleep, so I decided to do the washing and do more unpacking.

I've been craving Steamed broccoli and gravy all morning, so I think I need to add some veg to the meal packs, not a lot, but just enough to make me feel like I'm getting some fresh food.

I'm used to cooking from scratch, so just eating processed powder is very odd.

Anyway, I'm not usually a daily-weigher, but thought I would weigh every day for the first week or two, just to help with motivation and also to see how my body reacts to certain things.
The scales said 17.10 first thing this morning, so I'm dead pleased. I know it's not fat loss, but as I struggle with water retention, any reduction matters. Whatever it is, it's given me the motivation to stay in track today.

Week 1:

Making up my first shake of the day, I found myself saying "Dust. High in fat? Low in fat? Dust..." Like the Fat Fighters character from Little Britain.

Week 1:

Here to subscribe Ella!

Well done on getting started :) get to day 7, come what may, and you'll feel great!

Just be careful what ur adding to packs. Mind u the calorific content isn't massive is it?!

Hope ur having a nice day :) x

Hi TH.

Thanks for subscribing.

I'm making sure I stay under 800 cals per day, and less than 65g carbs. If I lose a bit slower then I don't mind, but I feel like I need the extra protein or some fresh veg. Usually don't eat much processed food at all (only soya milk because I'm too lazy to make my own) so if I just eat this dust, I'll end up bingeing on rubbish when a bit of veg will keep me sane.

How are you today?

Week 1:

Oh, TH, I hope you're okay and not to bumped and bruised x

Week 1:

As long as you stick to the carb limit you should be fine adding some veg x

Urgh. Had a horrible day today. After only 3 hours sleep I was okay this morning, had a shake but was feeling really weird, so went and bought a bowl of salad (45 calories, 1.3 carbs) and a tin of tuna in spring water. I are it Kate afternoon but it was the opposite of what I needed. Cue 3 hours on the loo with my face in a bucket. I must have a tummy bug or something... I really hope it's not a reaction to the packs.
My stomach is still cramping and churning, hence still awake at 3:15am... Again. Grrrr.
Never mind... Hopefully it's just a24 hour thing.

Week 1:

Thanks TH. I've just woken up, so difficult to say. I'm not a morning person. I hope you're feeling better after your bike-fall x

Week 1:

Hi Ella!

Jus checking in to subscribe. Sounds like you have had a really tough time in the past, and good for you for taking control of your future like this (if that doesn't sound too corny?).

Those 3lbs you should be very proud of! Imagine what your first weeks loss will be!

There's a Facebook page called exante swap and sell that lots of people are a member of and it allows you to sell or swap the packs you don't like. Most people love the cereal type bars so you don't find them for sale very often. You could sell yours for £1-£1.50 a bar, save you forcing down packs you don't like.

The soup turns into crisps (not tried that yet) and people make biscuits and pancakes out of some packs - not sure how yet, not tried it.

The maple syrup pancakes are divine! I tried those yesterday and got 3 pancakes out of the mixture.

Anyway, good luck on the journey, we'll be with you every step of the way xxx

Hi Yoyo.

Thanks for stopping by.
I'm getting my life back on track, slowly but surely.

Thanks for the info re the Facebook group. I'm not on FB (was an early adopter then hated it by 2010) but might set up a profile for diet stuff.

The pancakes sound great. I will get some next time I order.

Congrats on your running. It must feel so good at the end of each run. I started C25K a while back but only managed week 1... I'm just too big to run at this weight, will try again once I'm into the 15s.

Week 1:

Urgh. Had a horrible day today. After only 3 hours sleep I was okay this morning, had a shake but was feeling really weird, so went and bought a bowl of salad (45 calories, 1.3 carbs) and a tin of tuna in spring water. I are it Kate afternoon but it was the opposite of what I needed. Cue 3 hours on the loo with my face in a bucket. I must have a tummy bug or something... I really hope it's not a reaction to the packs.
My stomach is still cramping and churning, hence still awake at 3:15am... Again. Grrrr.
Never mind... Hopefully it's just a24 hour thing.

Sorry you're feeling ill but think of the weight loss!! Every cloud has a silver lining. Seriously, hope you feel better soon.

Oh no sorry you're not well, hope you're feeling better & brighter today x

Are you feeling better Ella, hope so.

A little added veg wont hurt & you won't need a lot to change the consistency of the packs will you. :)

Have a better day today xx

Back