Induction fee like packing it in!!!

hsheehan

Started Induction 10 days ago thought i would get on scales this morning as i felt like i had lost loads!!! big mistake in 10 days i have only lost 1 poxy pound i have lost inches though!!!! before i started induction i lost 7lb doing shakes so i suppose i lost the water weight, don't no weather to stay on Induction for another week or move to the next stage or just stop doing Atkins, any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks Helen.:mad:

No don't give in...I reckon you should stay on induction....you say your losing inches ....sometimes the scales don't show any weight loss...it may be to do with the shakes you were having and your body needs to catch up...perhaps ditch the scales for a couple of weeks...I hate the bloody things he he he ....they can control your life...how do you feel generally on Atkins ....I started this week and find it pretty easy to follow I've done lots of research and from what I gather it can take up to 3 weeks for your body to adjust and start burning fat.

Good luck xxx

Hi Ange,thanks for quick reply, I feel great on the Atkins Diet never hungry and not feeling bloated don't think i have ever been on a diet and felt like this. just wish the scales would bloody well go down lol. i have always been a salve to my scales stupid because it sets your mood for the day at the end of the day its just numbers!!!!
yes think your right must have ditched the water weight hence no big loss. I am going to do another Induction week and see what happens i am going to Ibiza 1st oct and would love to go at least a stone lighter!! hope you do ok on the diet perhaps we can keep each other going? Thanks again
Helen.x

If you moved straight from the shakes to Atkins you've done well not to see a gain. Yes, you'll have lost the water weight just having the shakes, and the natural adjustment to eating food again means most people switching from a VLCD either stall or gain a little in the first week.

Ketosis from a vlcd isn't due to low carbs - it's due to low calories. That's why you can't mix vlcd shakes with a low carb diet - they're usually full of sugar which is wrong for Atkins but necessary if you're barely eating any calories.

So when you made the switch your body had to first get used to eating food again, most likely causing a slight gain as you weren't starving and it was trying to cling to the food in case you started starving again.

Then it had to make the switch to burning fat instead of sugar - Atkins ketosis.

All in all you've done well to lose your pound. On most diets you'll stall after the first week's big loss anyway. If you stay on plan now you can expect to lose on average 2lbs a week from now on (some weeks more, some weeks less but it should average out there).

As to whether to stay on induction - depends how much you have to lose and how fast you want to lose it. If you have more than a stone to lose you can stay on induction as long as you like, or start moving into owl as and when you like.

Keep going and good luck

Well done moonlights you say it much better than I did :) Of course Helen nice to have a buddy .....I know what you mean about scales spoiling your whole day...if I get n them I go into a blind panic and feel totally depressed all day ...I'm hopefully going to mexico in december so have been really naughty and buying lots of lovely dresses in the sale ready for then just hoping that by that time I will be able to look great in them ....at the moment I dread putting anything tight fitting on as I'm bulging at the seams he he he (not really funny)

I'm loving the Atkins way and finding it pretty easy and don't feel hungry whatsoever ...and can fit in if I go out for a meal etc

Have a great weekend

Angie xx

Thanks Moonlights thats made me feel better about the whole thing i want to loose about 35lbs so i can stay on induction for now i will see how i get on. Like i said i feel great and although i am on a structured eating plan its so much easier if you eat out ect! went to a barby last night and took home made Lamb Burgers and just ate some salad people don't even need to no you are on a diet do they? but they wanted my burgers over shop ones lol.Thanks again for reply. (accepted your friend request Ange)

Morning Ange,Thanks for Buddy invite have activated it this morning. Mexico wow you jet setter you lol now thats got to be an incentive for you? no what you mean about buying clothes for holidays i am always on the look out for sales got some great tops in the last Next sale and like you still a bit snug at the mo mines more like a swiss roll top that a muffin top lol. but hopefully we will slip into them with room to spar fingers crossed.I want to get down to about 13 stone before my holiday if possible when i was doing Lighter Life i got down to about 12 stone but my face looked really drawn i am 5ft 7in so can carry a bit more than you are supposed to be anyway i dont go on the BMI range as i would have to be dead before i could get to it!! i go on clothes size and how i feel i am comfortable in size 12/14 clothes more 14 i think because when i was 12 stone my boobs looked like a pair of spaniels ears!!! well keep going and enjoy whats left of the weekend. will you be weighing yourself tomorrow? let me no how you are doing and any food ideas would be great bye for now Helenx

Morning :D Helen

Yes we had barbi last night...I had lamb chops and asda 90% pork sausage salad and a few mushrooms....I'm making homemade burgers today my oh and my boys think they are better than shop bought ones ....haven't tried making lamb burgers yet think that might be a good idea for next week ....I've got a good recipe for donner kebab it's from slimming world so might give that a whirl too...I made the mim (muffin in a minute) yesterday it was really yum only ate half of it for brekkie but from what I can gather they are not a good idea to eat everyday....I wanna try the bread type too...

Yeah Mexico is really exciting I don't do Xmas very well especially now all my kids are grown up hoping 2 of them will come with us....my eldest has been jet setting round the world for the past year so think he will still be abroad.....I've not really looked into lighter life think it might be pretty expensive....yes know what you mean about sagging bits in my early 20's I lost about 7 and half stone over 2 years I got down to 8 and half stone and appeared in slimming magazine but when I look back at the pics I looked like a skeleton very anorexic ....I would be more than happy with my size 12/14 fitting nicely .....I'm still saggy from having kids and losing all that weight but I can hide it well and like u I'm 5ft 6 so can carry my weight off well....no I'm not gonna weigh myself till Friday as if I haven't lost I will be a manic depressive he he he....I do feel totally less bloated and feel a bit slimmer so that's keeping me positive :). Do you track your stuff n my fitness pal it's brilliant and helps keep track of carbs and get the right rations of fat, carbs and protein.

Anyways must go and sort my life out...have a great day
angie x

hsheehan said:
Started Induction 10 days ago thought i would get on scales this morning as i felt like i had lost loads!!! big mistake in 10 days i have only lost 1 poxy pound i have lost inches though!!!! before i started induction i lost 7lb doing shakes so i suppose i lost the water weight, don't no weather to stay on Induction for another week or move to the next stage or just stop doing Atkins, any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks Helen.:mad:

I did atkins before starting slimming world i hated it at first it was good but then i felt drained and constipated and ill the final straw was not even Being able to have a Tiny pièce of cake at my sons 2nd birthday party after a month i had barely lost weight and was deeply unhappy had a few months Eating crap then embarked on slimming world IVE DROPPED 2 STONE IN 6 MONTHS i prob could have done it faster but holidays etc slowed it down at Times really reccomend slimming world THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES i have finally got that into my head so now its a balanced diet with a few treats and moderate excercise for me

I've lost 2 stone in 3 months on Atkins, including a week off plan over the jubilee during which I had cake.

Each to their own ;)

I did slimming world last year it really doesn't suit me I hard lost a couple of lbs which was a shame cos I like the philosophy behind the plan ...it certainly works for some though x

Morning Ange, been a very emotional day my daughter gave birth to my second gran-daughter 6 weeks early!! i am writing this and its 12.45am so mite be a load of tripe as i am gone over being tired i have been looking after my other granddaughter who is 2 and half she did not go to sleep until 11.20. Baby Izabella weighed in at just over 5lbs so not to little.what i would have usually done would have turned to food but i cant believe how you don't feel hungry on this diet is it magic!! i could have killed for a Gin and Tonic though but i never had one there is no way i am going to have to get back into ketosis i kept telling myself its just not worth it. I looked for the flax seed in Tesco yesterday but couldn't find it where did you get yours from? i am missing not crunching something but i have read that it stalls some people it will be straight in the bin if that happens. well i will stop waffling now have a good day keep strong and together we will do it xx

Morning Helen

Wow congrats to you all...how lovely...I'm sure baby Izabella will be fine I had my eldest at 36 weeks and he is a strapping lad now...well done to pass on the g&t I had a few vodkas sat night with diet 7up but better than my normal weekends of cider and wine ....

I got my flax from local health food shop although u can get it from holland and Barrett .....not feeling hungry just like u and couldn't eat all my dinner last night either good sign normally I eat every last morsel lol....I'm missing ketchup and skimmed milk in my tea but that's about it.

My stomach is flat all day which is great....it's a first :). Was tempted to weigh myself this morning but didn't I don't want to feel negative re the scales ....I do feel slimmer ....I tested ketosis and very dark pink yesterday....when I did it years ago it didn't show up...so pleased with that

Today my mission is not to have sweetener in my tea...found giving that up hard....

Well hope u have a lovely day and get a chance to give baby Izabella a cuddle...well done for passing on g & t. Ps. I find I'm really thirsty on Atkins which is good as I drink more water have u found that ?

Angie x

Hi Ange, been to see Izabella she is so tiny but perfect been so tired today sleep or lack of it catching up with me, i went out for lunch and i had a blackened tuna salad with no dressing it was nice i used to be still hungry when i had salad but it fills me up now! breakfasts are a bit strange for me as i had oats so simple for yonks and i do miss it and like you i miss a bit of tomato sauce i drink red bush tea with no milk or sweeteners but i do have a couple of cups of coffee with cream out of my allowence and have a spoon of splenda in them i treat the coffee as my pudding.will get some flax and have a go at making some sort of disaster no doubt. by the way i tried some Alpro unsweetened soya milk it wasn't that bad but i prefer cream in my coffee. well i am off to get an early night back to work tomorrow take care.
Helen x

Morning Helen .....yes I tried the alpro unsweetened milk yesterday morning in my tea...to be honest I can taste the difference to skimmed milk....hope your feeling less tired today....must say I'm shattered by about 9pm but sleep really well and have lts more energy in the day....plus my moods are great on Atkins .....I'm lucky at the moment doing a temporary job and only do 1 - 5 ....I'm at Uni (mature student) doing a degree and our holidays are silly...I don't go back till late sept and can't stand being at home all the time :) it certainly doesn't help my weight situation ....when are u going to weigh yourself ? My clothese are starting to feel loser hopefully a good sign :) I'm gonna wait till Friday...I had salmon with cheese melted on the top last night for dinner ....found it a bit rich and couldn't eat it all....hubby has got high cholesterol so some of e things I eat he. Ant and visa versa lol....I bought one of them tefal actifrys last week and have been doing chips and roasted new potatoes for him...they do look yummy but I can't have them lol....I struggle to eat in the day...so tend to just graze a but normally have a slice of ham, boiled egg before work but by the time I fnish work I'm hungry so have a bigger meal then but find the last few days I can't finish all of my dinner.

Well hope you have a great day
ANGIE x

Hi Ange, how you doing ok i hope? i made a mim it was much nicer than i thought it was going to be i have one for my breakfast with butter and cheese yum. I am starting to feel my tops getting a bit looser at last still stayed off the scales so far will get weighed on Monday that will be 3 weeks on Induction whatever they say i think i am going to go to the next level so i can include some strawberry's i am missing fruit what about you?
Glad its sat tomorrow hope you have a good weekend and stay on the straight and narrow.
Helen x

Hi Helen

I'm good thx been good apart from alcohol last night lol....couldn't resist on my night out....how's baby Izabelle ? Well done you for keeping off the scales ....I lost 3lb this week which I'm pretty pleased with .....not a major loss but I'm happy with it....:) suffering today with major hangover yuck :) but gonna go shopping and buy a bug joint of gammon for tomorrow and steak for tonight :). Gonna try a savoury mim today as well sounds nice with cheese and butter ....I made Parmesan and garlic chicken the other it was gorgeous ....have a lovely weekend and fingers crossed for Monday let me know xxx

Hi Ange, sounds like you had a good night out hope Hangover has gone now? well done 3lb is great if you do that a week thats nearly a stone a month i used to lose that a month when i was doing Lighterlife on 500cals a day so considering you are eating real food and many more cals you are doing ok!
I am a bit nervous about weighing myself on monday i have stuck to the Diet and not cheated or had anything i shouldn't but i have been bleeding for ten days now my periods are all over the place i am 52 and very menopausal cant wait for my periods to sod off! i feel bloated but its not from naughty food cant win can you?
Izabella has lost 7 0zs so only weighs 4.13 so cant go home yet my Daughter has got a bad dose of the baby blues its enough to make me run to the chip shop but i wont i am so determined to make this work i am surprising myself just love the feeling of not being hungry and being in control. Keep up the good work
Take care
Helen.

hsheehan said:
Hi Ange, sounds like you had a good night out hope Hangover has gone now? well done 3lb is great if you do that a week thats nearly a stone a month i used to lose that a month when i was doing Lighterlife on 500cals a day so considering you are eating real food and many more cals you are doing ok!
I am a bit nervous about weighing myself on monday i have stuck to the Diet and not cheated or had anything i shouldn't but i have been bleeding for ten days now my periods are all over the place i am 52 and very menopausal cant wait for my periods to sod off! i feel bloated but its not from naughty food cant win can you?
Izabella has lost 7 0zs so only weighs 4.13 so cant go home yet my Daughter has got a bad dose of the baby blues its enough to make me run to the chip shop but i wont i am so determined to make this work i am surprising myself just love the feeling of not being hungry and being in control. Keep up the good work
Take care
Helen.

Hope the baby blues pass soon when i had my son i got pnd not good the support from my mum helped .... But living 400 Miles away from her i really struggled and got little help off his family when i needed it most .
your doing a good job and when they are out of Hosp you could always make her some healthy sw comfort food batch Cook and take her half then its one less thing for her to worry about xxx i know it would have helped me

Hi Helen....bet your nervous about the weigh in tomorrow....the way I'm looking at it is that it's a long term thing....and as I feel so totally better doing Atkins...like u at times was just surviving on 800 calories I swear it wasn't good for me....physically or mentally....I know what u mean about monthlys I started going into menopause last year periods every 3 weeks and last month was bleeding for 18 days it's a nightmare and I was a little bit worried to be honest but from what I can gather its pretty normal just started today to take menopace vitamin tabs don't know if it will help ....but worth a go...I don't know what's gonna happen this month thinks its harde to gauge weight when periods are up the wall like u bloating and water retention....certainly found it much harder to lose weight.

Well I hope Izabella starts to out on a few oz's so that she can come home...,remember the baby blues oh my god they come out of nowhere lol....hope after a few days she will be back on form....let me know how you get on with the weigh in tomorrow I'm excited for you...yes and 3lbs more than happy with that as u say if I did every week it would be fwntastic although I'm happy with 8lb a month ....hope your having a lovely weekend speak soon xxx

Back