Total Solution feel like giving up :(

Wow, you sound so completely in the zone right now, well done :)

Re your goal weight, I'd aim for what you feel comfortable with, then when you get there try to maintain for a bit and see how you feel. If you're still happy, great, if not then you could always jump back on the exante waggon for a month or so :)

Wow, you sound so completely in the zone right now, well done :)

Re your goal weight, I'd aim for what you feel comfortable with, then when you get there try to maintain for a bit and see how you feel. If you're still happy, great, if not then you could always jump back on the exante waggon for a month or so :)

I feel in the zone too bob thankfully and yes i think that's a very good plan. Wish i could get rid f the flabby belly and saggy boobs next though lol xx

Hi Zara, glad to hear you seem a bit more sorted now. :)

Thanks cate. I feel alot better too :)

So yesterday was a good day stayed 100% ts and a nibble on a bit of cheese and some boullion at the end if the day. I was working yesterday so I think that helped lots. Have managed to stay away from the scales. And will try weigh tommoro just to see if iv got rid of that 4 pound gain. and then will weigh again on monday for an official weigh in. And keep to mondays as my official weigh in days. As weighing in between every couple of days is messing with my head.
Taking advice from a few people on here I should start thinking about maintaining. But I just dont know where to start. I kno exante have there own maintainance plan should I follow that for the first few weeks? Or Should I do 5:2 or 4:3??? Or do I follow the maintainace plan then go on to the 5:2 Or continue having a shake for brekkie and normal food for lunch and dinner?? So confused but realli terrified of putting the weight back on as iv worked soo hard to get it off I dont wana be down the same road in 6months time. A couple of ppl have mentioned that ud have to stay low carb all ur life in order not to put the weigh back on but I dont honestly think I could do that. I love my carbs...any advice is welcome xx pls help xx

I plan to use the Cambridge Diet steps; they appear to work very well with minimal weight gain (if any!) during refeed. I think the most important thing is to introduce carbs very gradually to minimise water weight.

I plan to use the Cambridge Diet steps; they appear to work very well with minimal weight gain (if any!) during refeed. I think the most important thing is to introduce carbs very gradually to minimise water weight.

SC, is there anywhere we can read these? I was looking for them on the CD forum and couldn't find them but found this which I thought was interesting.

http://www.minimins.com/cd-1000-maintenance/94273-some-tips-me-life-after-cambridge-long.html

Oh Zara I know what you mean about the worry of maintaining as am also dreading it. I think I will follow the exantes maintenance plan if I ever get there of course lol losses have slowed right down which is rather frustrating!
Have spent around £75 today on some new bras and pants as have none that fit me lately so just hope I don't have to replace again soon lol
Anyways hope yr ok and doing well x

Hi cate thanks for the links. Have read them thoroughly and espeicially liked the lipotrim maintainance plan its very detailed and has a plan in place for you which is something I need.
Im pretty gutted today as my 3 pound gain has not come off. But cant blame it really as iv not really been 100% this week as planned. Only had a couple of days 100% but then as usual would have a nibble on the odd chip or so. So really only have myself to blame.. I can only just hope that I stay 100% these next few days and get into ketosis quikly as that would help me soo much to stay away from those deadly nibbles. So far been 100% and hope to keeo it that way. Official weigh day on monday. Lets hope some of this gain has gone by then xx

Hey Zara stick with it and it will come off. This is what I've been telling myself all week but for some reason my weight has STS with much annoyance and I've not nibbled anything. Here's to Mondays wi for the both of us xx

Hi natalie, dont worry i had a few of those weeks of sts and then the following week would be a huge whoosh. Hang in there. Ur doing sooo well without those nibbles...If only i could take my own advice :(
Cos last night i caved again. I seriously think theres something rong with me. I had a huge cry last night too and hubby was there to comfort and we had good talk about the diet and went thru all the reasons why i started on this diet in the first place to hopefully get me on track again. And i felt so much better for it, even more confident than wen i started exante. Hubby says he thinks i shud start maintaining now cos i seem to have lost the flab to him. But i know in myself im still not happy with my body and just half a stone to a stone ( to allow for refeed) would make a difference to me. So here i go again hoping for a 100% day yet again! Lets hope i stick to it this time. it seems as if the evenings are my biggest downfall as thats wen i usually cave so me n hubby have decided to go for a good long walk in the evening. That shud help fingers crossed. Wish me luck people!! And if u dont hear from me this evening by 11pm then i guess u know whats happned.... ahhhhh ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDSS WE GOOO

Hi Zara

Is so hard when you are so close to goal weight as those last few pounds never seem to want to shift. Is also easy to relax a little and before we know it we are picking at things we probably wouldn't even normally think of picking at.

I really hope to see that 'whoosh' everyone keeps talking about lol

I think we are both really lucky that we have really supportive husbands as does make a huge difference.

Here's to having a 100% day today and to wi tomorrow xx

Ok im still heree.....
And im happy to say that i stayed 95% apart from a bit of cheese earlier on during the day. I just hope it stays this way. Fingers crossed.
Iv put away my dodgy home scales to prevent me from jumpin on them daily cos i know at this point if i see a huge gain after last nyts binge its gona get me really down in the dumps. And now im not quite sure if i shud weigh tommoro as i kno its my official weigh in day but my binge last night and the binge a few days before was soo bad that the gain wouldnt of dissapeared by tommoro and dont want it to get me down and turning me to food for confort...anyways lets not have high hopes soo soon its only been a good day for 1 day. Bring on the next 20 days xx

We'll done Zara and u can do this.

Am honestly wondering why I am even bothering putting myself through this, have another STS today :( so in past week totals a 1lb loss and has been 5 days at either a STS or gain.

Still waiting for that whoosh but my patience is wearing thin. Xx

We'll done Zara and u can do this.

Am honestly wondering why I am even bothering putting myself through this, have another STS today :( so in past week totals a 1lb loss and has been 5 days at either a STS or gain.

Still waiting for that whoosh but my patience is wearing thin. Xx

Hi natalie,
Pls dont feel put off...u will defo see that whoosh soon. There must be some sort of explanation, ur probz holding onto water but that will soon balance itself out. Fingers crossed for u xx
Totm showed itself today so im defo not gona weigh today as planned...will probably weigh on saturday now to wait for totm to be over the last thing i wana see is an extra gain on the scales so i best wait till saturday. In the meantime im hoping to stay 100% and not 95% like iv been doing these past couple of days. Today was a 95% day aswell. So far have had my 2 packs and a couple of wotsits crisps ( that was ment to be my sons finger food) will have my 3rd pack a bit later. I need to start upping my water intake. Not drinking as much as i shud...
Anyways good luck natalie just hang in there u wont b dissapointed x i had a few episodes like that in the beggining. X

Hi natalie, Pls dont feel put off...u will defo see that whoosh soon. There must be some sort of explanation, ur probz holding onto water but that will soon balance itself out. Fingers crossed for u xx Totm showed itself today so im defo not gona weigh today as planned...will probably weigh on saturday now to wait for totm to be over the last thing i wana see is an extra gain on the scales so i best wait till saturday. In the meantime im hoping to stay 100% and not 95% like iv been doing these past couple of days. Today was a 95% day aswell. So far have had my 2 packs and a couple of wotsits crisps ( that was ment to be my sons finger food) will have my 3rd pack a bit later. I need to start upping my water intake. Not drinking as much as i shud... Anyways good luck natalie just hang in there u wont b dissapointed x i had a few episodes like that in the beggining. X

Thanks Zara, I feel determined to stick with it as really want to get to this whooshing lol just so I know it really exists!
Have been sat at either docs or hospital all day today with my grandad and have had to endure him eating a pasty and a bun and constantly offering to give or buy me food.
Stuck to my guns and drank my shake instead :)
Good luck for the next few days and will be looking out for your wi progress on sat xx

Hey Zara,

Hope you have a good day today and get that water down you xx

Hi Zara, just subscribing to your post - you have done amazingly well to get so close to your goal, I can only begin to imagine how difficult it is when you get towards the end and the losses slow down.

Sorry that you're struggling with it at the moment, keep going and you'll soon bet there - if you do feel the need to nibble try and have things that won't knock you out of ketosis, that way you won't constantly be fighting hunger every day, the diet is bad enough without feeling that......and get your hubby to bin the leftovers of meals/squirt washing up liquid on the....take away temptation.

Keep at it and you'll soon be at your goal :)

Back