Feeling bloated & bleurghhhh today...

IrishMum

A little of everything!
TOTM is due next week and I always retain 3-4lbs around now. It's been less since starting LT (1-2lbs) but still...it's showing on the scales.:(
I'm drinking plenty to try & counteract it, but I've a feeling my WI on Friday isn't going to be half as good as my breakthrough WI last week....
Ah well....:sigh:

Know how you feel, had it all over the weekend. TOTM came today. So thankfully the feeling has gone now. Just think of the WI of after it comes, and don't panic.

don't worry ur pretty head missus!By the way what i found brilliant esp. when ur bloated and feel that ur TOTM is coming: SENOKOT! It really really helped me. And the best thing after i took it I was 3 lbs lighter the day after!MAd

I'm immune to senokot! LOL! I take two doses of 2 ducolax every week just to 'go' at all! Starting this evening so theres nothing 'excess' to weigh on Friday! (sorry if tmi!)
It's just the thought of another cr*p (excuse the pun!) weigh-in isn't helping...
Never mind, I'm sure it'll be better by Friday? I hope so anyway!

You could turn it all on it's head of course ....... You've only had 1 what I would call cr*p weigh-in which was your -1 wk10 and even then it WAS a loss. You know yourself that your initial results were fantastic considering you didnt do it 100% for weeks.

Since then your results have been consistant which, considering your medical issues and results (or lack of) on previous diets is AMAZING!!!

The cup's half full girl - not half empty!!! ;) :)

(Consider yourself virtually slapped!! ;)) xx

And again JanD Spoke the final word! You are so right! Optism moves mountains!xox

Merci buckets again, Jan!!:copon::p I need that a lot don't I! ;)

Still feeling the same this morning, even after my weekly doses of ducolax (is it possible to be immune to laxatives?!?) , so unless a miracle happens overnight, I'll have no losses this week! I'm weighing 1lb heavier than last Friday at the minute...:sigh: Ah well...

i sympathise entirely!
have got my weigh in on saturday morning, after 2 weeks (sooooo hard to wait!!) but now have TOTM so while i was looking forward to a big loss am now worried it might 'only' be a couple of pounds for the fortnight which though, yes all losses are good, would be a bit gutting!!

you never know, the randomness of LT always surprises me!

Awww..I'm sure you'll be grand? Your losses so far have been really good, so I can't see your totm making that much difference?

I'd be happy with 1lb this week...well, no I wouldn't actually, but it's looking like I'll be lucky to get that! But as you said...you never know?....

sorry you feel a bit rubbish today :) re the dulcolax i realised this morning i hadnt been since last thursday this morning, ate a flapjack and something happened two hours later lolol that dulcolax is damn strong stuff usually though and in answer to your question about getting used to laxatives, yes you can. thats why anorexics take more and more as there bodies get used to the doses they take. perhaps try a different type to help you go? i cant remember what the make is (not senokot) and maybe that will help?

all the best and keep your chin up

h xx

I'd never take them normally, so I shouldn't have built up an immunity or anything? Maybe I have a lazy system (like the rest of me! LOL!) I'll ask the pharmacist later on if theres a stronger one I could try?
I have a flapjack daily as my pharmacist said it might help in that department, but no joy there?
Thanks Harriet.:)
I think I just have a dose of my (regular)weekly blues atm!:eek::sigh:

i wouldnt have thought youd have a resistance to them either. how about getting out for a walk or something, see if that moves anything along x this constipation thing is no joke :)

h xx

I do! 3 miles, 3-4 times a week!

I guess I just tend to hold onto everything- I knew I was a hoarder but this is ridiculous! LOL!
I'm not in pain or anything, its just I don't think it's right to go more than 5-6 days without 'going', thats why I resorted to the ducolax? And when I do, it's normal (not the usual result you get after a strong laxative iykwim? Sorry if tmi!)
Anyway, I'm making sure I drink more 'plain' water today instead of my decaff tea to see if that helps the 'bloat' any?
We'll see in the morning!

Back