Feeling down with diet

Jellbells

Hi All :wave_cry:

First time posting on here but i have been keeping an eye on ppls progress, today was my second weigh in and it was a disappointing one :( motivation to stay on for another week is going to be sooooooooooo hard :sigh::( i promised myself 6 weeks to lose as much as i can but i can't believe its come to a stand still so soon :( i've had a hard week emotionally and to see this has now made it worse. Worse still i'm irish and can't even go celebrate St. Patricks Day in true irish style :) :p

Hiya first of all what is a disappointing loss? X

It was a very disappointing 1 pound loss :( i know i should be greatful for one pound that isn't on me anymore but it was 9 &1/2 last week :( i have been exercising and drinking water so i don't understand x

I really feel for you Jells Bells, I have just been weighed about half an hour ago and I too have only lost 1lb. It does feel annoying especially when you've stuck to the diet 100% :mad:
My pharmacist pointed out to me that it could be that your body has maybe retained some water or there is a build up in the bowel or maybe it's coming up to your time of the month (which causes fluid retention) Also I see you have been exercising so if you could have built up some muscle that would account for less of a loss.
I'll give you the same words of encouragement that my pharmacist gave to me. Try not to let it put you off the diet and hopefully next week your body will compensate for it at the next weigh in.
Keep your chin up and at least I know I'm not the only Irish person who will not be celebrating St Paddy's day in the usual Irish way ;)

Thank you for your lovely words of support, it means a lot to hear some encouragement. I guess i had hoped that the first few weeks would bring good losses and then i would have coped better i guess, week two seems a bit mean LOL its prob the water retention as i am on totm and i have noticed i'm not peeing as much. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi well I can understand the disappointment - I think I'm heading for a 1bl loss tomorrow x when you are on such a radical and strict diet it's hard not to expect more from it especially when you have been working out etc too.

I'm just going to say what I'm going to tell myself tomorrow - there is always next week. Stick at it and maybe next weigh day you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Don't give on you are doing so well. I'm on week five and trust me the benefits far out weigh this little bit if disappointment xxx you can do it x

Jell,

I've noticed that most people don't have consistent huge losses - so it's a bit of a rollercoaster. Once you are through your first couple of weeks, it's often easier to look at a rolling 4 week average, especially if as you still have TOTM. Even two week's in, you are averaging over 5lbs a week. The usual results longer term are around a stone a month - so you are rocking!

I'm wishing you courage and happiness for a great St Patrick's Day - by staying on track, with lots of sparkling water, you'll be at goal in 8 or 10 weeks!

Ali

Hi Jelbells.try not to be too disheartened, I was exactly the same as you 2 weeks ago. I lost an amazing 12lb in 1st week then only 2lb the second, I was all for giving up if I didn't have a good loss on week 3 but lost 6lb so now I'm happy again and determined to do this. As a lot of people on here have noticed it balances itself out eventually. X

All I can say is 10.5 lbs in two weeks, thats amazing. I know its disappointing that it was only 1lb this week. But look at the big picture, by next week you could have a stone gone. Especially if its totm, you will absolutely loose more next week. I too am Irish and can feel your pain re Sat, but am feeling even more sorry for myself with Sunday being Mothers day! So chin up, remember the reasons for doing this in the first place. Best of luck and happy St Paddy's Day!

It was a very disappointing 1 pound loss :( i know i should be greatful for one pound that isn't on me anymore but it was 9 &1/2 last week :( i have been exercising and drinking water so i don't understand x
You seem to want to lose about the same as me. We started at the same time too!

But... you're 1/2lb ahead of me (I've lost 10lb in 2 weeks).

Oh AND I'm 3 inches taller - surely I should lose faster?

I'm jealous. :jelous:

Srsly tho - well done! Keep going!
I'm having to wear a belt again - I took it off two months ago - kinda glad it's back.

Thank you everybody so much, i'm feeling more positive today, have to take the small losses with the big :) your words of support all mean so much, and i'm wishing you all the best in your journeys too :D:D

I love this forum it really helps so much when you have ppl on here that understand, sometimes its hard to get support from ppl who are eating all around and don't understand what your going through.

Again Many thanks everybody :) :)
And Happy Paddy's Day Eve to Everyone :D:D:D:D:D

Hey only just noticed this post hun. Big hug!

I know it's hard (im guilty of the same) but try not to focus on the amount but on how great you feel/look and remember what other diet could you lose 10 1/2 lb in 2 weeks on?

I know a woman who lost 9lb after 2 weeks but overall she lost 7 1/2 stone in 6 months so it defo evens out hun :D

Remember St. Patrick's day will come again only this time you'll be a slim jim ;)

Stick with it :)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back