Step 1 Sole Source + Feeling ill and appetite?

d1985

Has a slow building cold since last Wednesday and just put 2 and 2 together - could this explain why I've struggled so much this last week, has my body wanted more food while I was ill?

I did have a weekend off last week (3.5lbs on!) but I thought it would settle by now but food cravings are at their peak. That said I've had a lot of social /family situations I've felt I've missed out on this week as couldn't indulge in the food that went with it.

Always like to know the psychology behind my feelings!!

So does appetite increase when ill in terms of body wanting it rather than us craving comfort food?? X

I think you will crave food when ill as it is your body saying it needs more. I am sure I have read that somewhere.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry to hear you are not well. I'm not certain about this, but I think that when you are ill your body is working so hard to fight off whatever is wrong that it needs more sustenance to enable it to work. Hopefully someone else will know the right answer?

I know how you feel missing out on family events. We went to our sons for the weekend, lots of BBQ foods and wine..it was soooo tough but managed to stay good...lots of soda water and small chicken breast... also have two weddings coming up...why do we do this to ourselves?? :sigh: It'll be worth it.....

Back