Fell off the wagon and it drove over me!

glittermonkey

so i was doing perfectly on my 2nd week at slimming world, when i went out "for one or two" on friday well that turned into getting completly drunk, mcdonalds afterwards, hangover food the next day...AND the next day. its now tuesday ive been eating crap all day and i am considering not going to my group tomorrow as I am dreading what im going to see on the scales. plus my group is small so really intamite and everyone gets to talk. i have been skipping breakfast and i just dont know how to get back on the wagon. Im sorry for moaning im just feeling so down...have any of you had almost FULL WEEKS like this?

It may seem hard but you need to try and forget about what you did and get back on plan - yes you've had several bad days but you can do damage limitation. In the future when you have a night like you did on Friday you need to go straight back on plan - and NOT skip breakfast

sorry you have been off plan, but the best thing to do is to get back in the zone as soon as you can.
Go to class and face the music, when I have had a bad week I message my C ahead of class and ask her to miss me out in image therapy if I don't want to talk about the numbers. I think that way you can see what the scales say and then move on. If you don't get back on the plan as soon as you can - you will regret it.

We all have bad times the last 3 days for me have been the pits but stop it now whats done is done you cant change it but you can change today and every other day in the future ...good luck

thanks everyone your right- i would regret not going to class. youve all actually helped a lot! i suppose nobody is 100% perfect all i time i just need to get out of the habit of failing once and abadoning the whole thing. I suppose if a painter made a tiny mistake on his painting he'd just fix it rather then rip up the whole portrait!

You arent alone ...my dear old irish mammy says there was only one perfect man in this world and they crucified him!!! So we are ok being wee sinners as long as we try hard

Oh Honey, don't fret, I've just had 2 and a half months like this and put a whole stone back on! A week is nothing in comparison! You have to learn to get back on the wagon, it's the only way, look at it in the way that at least you're aware you've slipped, imagine if you'd not started yet, you'd be even further away from your goal! You're trying, that's the important part! You can't, and wont go your whole life without a couple of wild nights, slip ups and binges, it's human nature and frankly life would be boring without them, but the important part is not living like it all the time, you'll find you enjoy your treats when they're actual treats too, not an everyday thing.

Good luck, go to WI, get your head around it either way (If you've gained, you know why, you know how to beat it next time and you at least know where you stand) and get back on.
X

llamasoks what a lovely thing to say thanks you your so right! i will go to WI and just face the music. before i joined i was lost and my weight went up and up to 18st which is shocking as i put this on in 3 years. youve all put me in the right headspace and i feel like i can just jump back on with all of you. such a great site! thanks everyone!

Aww you will always get weeks like this! I was always told (when i first started at sw and went to group) the best thing to do after a week like that is to still go to group and get weighed! Face the figure on the scales and then start afresh! You never know it might not be as bad as you think! :)

your right it wasnt! after all my complaining and i almost didnt go, i lost half a pound! ive never been so delighted to lose half a pound before! thanks to all your kind words i faced the music..and i won a raffle for some veg!

Wonderful xx Good on u for going xx

That's fab - and now you know that if you do fall off the wagon again then pick yourself up and start again, it's not as scary as you think

Back