Felt really ill yesterday

I felt really bad yesterday afternoon :(

Ever since starting this diet i have had a headache and felt sick, dizzy and just weird (mainly in the afternoon)

Is this just withdrawal from carbs?

Hope it passes soon.

Better news though, i lost 1lb yesterday and 1lb today ! Yipeeee xx

Are you in the early stages of attack phase? Are you drinking plenty of water?

Could well be withdrawal from carbs, and not unalike "Atkins 'flu" symptoms...

Are you posting your menus flowerpot?

Yes early stages, I am on day 3, only started the diet on Monday.

Drinking plenty of water but find it makes me hungry (I know that sounds daft but it does)

Not posting my menu's no? what do you mean post what I have eaten that day?

Cheers x

Yes sorry... we've a thread "what are you eating today" and then if there's anything wrong, or if you're not eating enough, someone can say something perhaps?

How many days' attack are you planning on doing? (What weight and height are you?)

Here's hoping that the ketosis fairy will soon help with your headache!

It will be ketosis and it will soon pass I promise :D How much water are you drinking?

I am 5ft 4" and weigh 144lb.

I just really want to lose the stone i gained from quitting smoking. I have tried slimming world and calorie counting, nothing shifting it at all.

I am planning on today being my last attack day as I don't need to lose too much.

I am drinking about 1.5L of water, I am trying but I struggle to have anymore because it just makes me so hungry! I do have this plus about 5 cups of tea and coffee.

I cant understand why it makes you hungry LOL
tea and coffee count anyway. It is just the carb withdrawel. Its like atkins flu. What does the dukan site say about how long attack should last?

3 days attack with a stone to lose is perfect. And then you'll alternate PP and PV days?

1.5L water, plus teas and coffees, sounds perfect...

Thank you, Do I have this right then-

As from tomorrow I can start eating salad and veg but keep one day where I go back to attack?

No... From tomorrow, you are finished forever with Attack. That's the strict PP days to put you into light ketosis hopefully.

From tomorrow, you are on Cruise phase... which consists of alternating PP and PV days... so tomorrow you have protein + veg/salad, and Friday PP, Saturday PV, Sunday PP, etc...

thats right. Or you can do 2 /2 or 5/5 or im doing to do weekends pv and wednesday pv and the rest PP :D

Sounds like you've invented your own rhythm there Vicky! Hey I'm not knocking it... this is obviously NOT an exact science cos I too have invented my own!!

I started with 4PP / 3PV, as I'm doing this week, but I go away most weekends, so having a PV dinner Friday evenings in the car is a tough one, so I switched Thurs and Fri over giving me: 3PP, 1PV, 1PP, 2PV.

I shall seek a licence for it and it shall be MY rhythm!

LOL. as long at it works ! I havent really had much chance to try it out yet but after this weekend Ill let you know!

Back