Fern Britton, why couldn't she have been honest?

I must admit, I twist the truth a bit when people ask me how I'm doing it - mainly because the people who I have told are filled with horror and think that I am going to die of starvation or rickets or something. I just say I eat less and move more. Which is more or less what I am doing, isn't it?:D

Oh and Gordon Ramsay for me every single fricking time!

If I was married to Phil Vickery I'd be as slim as anything .... we'd never get up!!!

He is rather gawjus isn't he Bev?? ;):D:D

I love Fern, always have done. She's not had it easy in her personal life like many of us. Even if she is in the public eye by choice, I can't judge her and her choices. Who am I to judge her?

She looks bluddy fantastic. She was always a very attractive woman and has that magnetism. Now she looks happier with herself which makes her even more attractive.... and why not? :)

If I was married to Phil Vickery I'd be as slim as anything .... we'd never get up!!!

:giggle:

I think Fern looks great!!!!! Anyone would think she committed a deadly sin. Who gives a monkeys how she lost the weight or whether she lied about it to the media. I don't know her personally so why should I have any interest in her life or feel let down that she didn't tell the magazines or the camera the whole truth:confused: I'm sure her family and close friends were fully aware of her plans.

Very interesting how people are influenced by TV stars etc. and feel that their lives and how they lead them have some influence on their own lives.

Tracey
x

I originally found her an inspiration to my weight loss. But now I feel there is no hope for me.

Do you really??

Personally I find 'real' people much more inspirational, the people who inspired me and made me realise I COULD lose weight were people on here. People who dont have a celebrity life style, just ordinary people who are struggling and battling the food demons every day. Someone I can relate to and contact and chat to, not some celebrity.

There are some amazing and truly inspirational people and stories on Minimins and Id have that any day over some celebrity on TV endorsing products etc.

And besides as someone pointed out she lost 3 stones in 2 years, if Id had a GB Id be gutted that that was all Id lost I think lol Even doing WW or SW you can expect to lose between 1.5/2lbs a week even at 1.5lbs a week that works out at about 11 stones in 2 years ;)

I think Fern is great, but she really should have been more open about it from the beginning - she did decide to be in the public eye after all and people look up to her and are inspired by her 'healthy eating' weightloss!

Well personally I think good on her, it's nobody else's business but her own how she lost weight. She looks fantastic and ok, she wasn't honest how she did it, but it is her body, she has every right to do what she wants with it.

The important thing is that she lost weight, she's obviously healthier, so what if she had surgery, the fact is, she lost the weight.

Someone I can relate to and contact and chat to, not some celebrity.

Here here. Real people:cool:

And besides as someone pointed out she lost 3 stones in 2 years, if Id had a GB Id be gutted that that was all Id lost I think lol Even doing WW or SW you can expect to lose between 1.5/2lbs a week even at 1.5lbs a week that works out at about 11 stones in 2 years ;)

Ah yes but perhaps she didn't want to lose the weight quickly. It's hard to know exactly how much she's lost cos the media make up stories all the time. I reckon it's more like 5 stone but anyway...if she's doing what she says she's doing...eating healthily and exercise, it's probably a good loss :clap:

people look up to her and are inspired by her 'healthy eating' weightloss!

No reason why people still can't be inspired if that's what inspired them:confused: She lost her weight eating healthily after all:confused:

Do you reckon we are going round and round in circles here :D

Sorry I had to carry it on. We had a similar thread on the LT forum. I say good on Fern. She doesn't have to explain her actions to ANYONE. She has not lied, she just omited some details. I did the same on LT and CD. I knew people would give me grief if they heard I wasn't eating...they would say it was unhealthy and try and talk me out of it....I'm not in the public eye and still made that decision. Fern has been the butt of so many 'fat' jokes over the years and has probably gone through so much hurt at the medias expense. She is fully aware that if she was to tell them her decision she would still have rec'd negative press and must have thought....why the heck should she. Its her business....NO ONE ELSES. Good on Fern. She looks blooming marvalous.

Back