fessing up to boyfriend

Sheena82 I think I might switch to the one meal a day version of Exante if I've got something going on and have a low carb meal. I hope that'll work.

Samiyah, good luck hope it goes well! I'm Indian so know alllll about the heavy duty family meals (banquets?)! i have a problem with chappatis and rice, plus the fact that OH family are veggies, hard to low carb around there. I'm going to try to go into hiding for a while, last time i went to a family do my boyf followed me around with ice cream till i ate it....swear to god he's a closet chubby chaser

gothiclolita, totally understand why you are trying to spare your husband the worry, this kind of approach would probably automatically send up red flags for him.

I hope everyone does well, however they do it!!

Lol at your bf chasing you with ice cream. I think going into hiding is probably the best thing to do if you can manage it for a while. There is no way you can go to a family do and get away with having just a black coffee or diet coke. You will definitely get chased around with food and the woman of the house would probably cry! :)

No chance of hiding for me for the next couple of weeks. I have a wedding on Sunday and going to my mums midweek. Luckily there will be meat dishes and salads so I'll just go for that.

Thanks for the well wishes. My day has gone ok but I'm struggling now!
The kids wanted chips for dinner (mmmm the smell) and I'm cooking some chicken for the husband for when he gets back from work later.

I have a choc milkshake to look forward to :(

How has everyone's day gone?

Not bad y'know but am downing the soups so i cant taste them :(. However as other members have pointed out this is medicine! I will drink my fatty medicine and i will be cured!!

As to force feeding I have a 29 yr old friend whos dad still insists on her packing a lunch for work and if she doesnt finish the two sandwichs, banana, apple and crisps he put in her bag he accuses her of having an eating disorder. Hilarious! Bless her all she wants is a wrap from M&S.

I know my OH mum def wants me to lose weight but she'd want me to do it "sensibly" i have a wedding outfit fitting in January no time for that!! plus I blame the OH for feeding me up, i put on 25lbs since we started dating :cry: i'm still waiting for an apology for that haha

There's a lot of misconceptions about VLCD and I understand why people don't want to tell the world. Even with something less extreme as a low carb diet I have people rolling their eyes. Having to constantly justify myself and explain the science behind it to people who have never been in the 'fat' boat can be exhausting. Exante is a challenge as it is so fair enough if you don't want to add more pressure on yourself. Whatever your reasons are for not telling your OH it's obviously the right decision for you. Life is never black or white and neither are relationships.

Good luck with your journey.

Exante ~ Wk 1: -5.2lbs (Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins))

Fatty medicine...a good way to look at it.

I have tried so many different diets in the past couple of years to get rid of 2 stones of baby weight and I couldn't stick to anything for more than a week or so.

I'm so hoping this will work for me.
I'll just keep posting on this board and hopefully it will keep me going. I did struggle today but I'm ok now.

Hope you all keep doing well :)

Love the term fatty medicine its fab sheena

Samiyah iv been tryin 2 lose my baby weight... Sadly i ballooned2 just under 14 stone (9wks prem & emer c-section) but all in all iv lost over 2.5 stone :), nw just tryin 2 banish the last bulge!
Hope ur all doing well... Im trying to get bk in x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi.
I'm still trying to get into it!
I went to a wedding yesterday so the less said about that the better.

Today I had a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and when I got home from work, I was so hungry that I couldnt wait to do a shake so had some chicken that I'd cooked yesterday.

Thats still ok, isn't it?

I was 13 st when I had my second child and now I'm just under 11. I need to be around 9.

Hope everyone's doing well.

Hi.
I'm still trying to get into it!
I went to a wedding yesterday so the less said about that the better.

Today I had a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and when I got home from work, I was so hungry that I couldnt wait to do a shake so had some chicken that I'd cooked yesterday.

Thats still ok, isn't it?

I was 13 st when I had my second child and now I'm just under 11. I need to be around 9.

Hope everyone's doing well.

oh yes ;) i do it a lot :D

Great thanks! :)

Now to try to fight the temptation to have some baked cheesecake that my in laws bought round yesterday and the left over hummingbird cake for my husbands birthday!

I will be strong :)

Hey you are doing great!! Don't worry about little things!! If it helps do a visualisation exercise when you are tempted, imagine maggots all over that cheesecake and imagine eating them. I know it sounds disgusting but it's a really good way for strengthening your resolve...well it works for me anyway :)

Also try imaging how you want to look and try to think about how it's going to feel to get there. I find that helpful too.

I don't know if thats helpful but I hope it is x

There's a lot of misconceptions about VLCD and I understand why people don't want to tell the world. Even with something less extreme as a low carb diet I have people rolling their eyes. Having to constantly justify myself and explain the science behind it to people who have never been in the 'fat' boat can be exhausting. Exante is a challenge as it is so fair enough if you don't want to add more pressure on yourself. Whatever your reasons are for not telling your OH it's obviously the right decision for you. Life is never black or white and neither are relationships.

Exactly this. Even when I told my family about doing this VLCD [who I consider to be pretty liberal and loving] they started acting really weirdly. They were 'worried for my health' but at the time I was 19 stone 10 pounds which isn't exactly good for my health is it!? I always see the worst in people sadly, and I am convinced that a few people I consider to be my friends or supportive family members secretly want me to stay fat because I always have been fat. They want to feel superior to me in some way... maybe I am just paranoid.. hehe, but I often get this vibe off people.

Hi all,

i'm starting exante tomorrow have a bunch of weight to lose before my wedding, only problem is I haven't told my boyfriend becuase I know he will freak out about me going on a VLCD. Anyone have the same problem?

I totally understand why you wouldn't tell your OH if you know he is going to freak out. After all this weight loss is an extremely personal thing that we do [hopefully] for ourselves! So in the end it is our choice to take the leap into healthiness!

When I told my BF about the diet he really didn't like the idea of it and said it was really extreme. Even when I tried to explain 'the science' behind it he didn't buy it. However he has been with me for nearly 4 years now and has seen my constant struggle with weight and depression [which is mostly brought on by hating myself because I am so big and unhappy with being big] so naturally he supported me with my choice. Now after 1 and half months he has seen the amazing weight loss and how utterly happy I am he is PROUD to support the diet and all the success it brings!

Hey Squish!

I think people feel uncomfortable with change a lot of the time. And yeah i did point out to my boyfriend being fat is probably worse for my health than eating 600 kcals for a few weeks. Yeh there probably will be some people who like the status quo as it is but you go and kick ass! People who really care will be concerned but most likely want you to be happy and healthy, my lil sister just sniffed at me (she does that when she's not impressed) and then asked if I was starving ( I said no) and she just said if it works for you go for it. I did point out that chances of me dropping dead from emaciation are pretty low anyway.

My boyfriend sorta did the same thing as yours, wasn't keen on it, quizzed me and then kinda got it when I pointed out that I was misreable being fat and that if I'm unhappy he'll be unhappy (cos I'll make sure of it). I think he's quite proud of me for sticking to it because he knows I've been struggling with my weight for a while. he is being really supportive now and trying to look at least a bit sheepish when he's wolfing down a pizza.

sorry triple, had to laugh at the wedding vows you thought everyone says and lives by

only thing i had to say at me wedding was yes, might as well have not been there for the rest of it ( didnt understand the rest of it either)

Two days down!
I think they went ok but I am finding this really difficult. I've always eaten loads and have never been fat so its really hard for me to adjust to this.

I'm resisting food I know I can't have quite well. Even the cakes but it's very hard.

Sheena the visualisation techniques are a good idea. I love imaging myself slim :) Can't wait to get there!

Hey you're doing really well Samiyah, I'm on day six and have managed to do TS...this better be worth it! It's not easy but it's definately going to be work out for the best.

Day 6 Sheena! Well done. I think thats a remarkable achievement in itself!
I don't know how long I'll last. I do struggle but I do think the best plan for me is a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch then a low carb meal in the evening. I can just about bear that!

Back