Few things i was curious about...

Sarahv25

Always welcome new m8's!
:sign0163:Yeah been mumbling few things i wanted to ask :lost: So i thought i should do one random thread... Forgive me if its like, real random but i cant sleep:sigh: (again)

:giveup:If anyone can help with any of my weird questions id be greatful!:D I know you all know it already but you guys on here seriously ROC
K!:worthy:

- Why the hell does my tongue feel like i been licking the dog? Its all fluffy and horrible!!! (i dont have a cat)

- Im a type 2 diabetic. How come my body can now maintain a perfect blood sugar level? well confusing!

- Is there an age limit to LT? I know a couple of 16yr olds who wanna lose a stone or two but fail at normal diets.

- Will my monkeys (ladies monthly's) effect this diet?

- Im struggling to drink enough water, how will this effect the diet?

- What can i do now to help prevent (to an extent) flaps? As in loose skin?

- I wanna do some light exercise at home, any tips?

- I struggle the cravings mostly in the evenings, any tips on how to not drive myself nuts?

ok i yapped enough! Sorry if its like "god she goes on!" but meh....tough!:Dhaha

:sign0163:Yeah been mumbling few things i wanted to ask :lost: So i thought i should do one random thread... Forgive me if its like, real random but i cant sleep:sigh: (again)

:giveup:If anyone can help with any of my weird questions id be greatful!:D I know you all know it already but you guys on here seriously ROC
K!:worthy:

- Why the hell does my tongue feel like i been licking the dog? Its all fluffy and horrible!!! (i dont have a cat)

- Im a type 2 diabetic. How come my body can now maintain a perfect blood sugar level? well confusing!

- Is there an age limit to LT? I know a couple of 16yr olds who wanna lose a stone or two but fail at normal diets.

- Will my monkeys (ladies monthly's) effect this diet?

- Im struggling to drink enough water, how will this effect the diet?

- What can i do now to help prevent (to an extent) flaps? As in loose skin?

- I wanna do some light exercise at home, any tips?

- I struggle the cravings mostly in the evenings, any tips on how to not drive myself nuts?

ok i yapped enough! Sorry if its like "god she goes on!" but meh....tough!:Dhaha

Sarah I'm not doing LT but hopefully this will help a little

After brushing your teeth also brush your tongue.

I try to drink 4 of my sports bottles of water a day (1 before I leave for work in the morning, another 1/2 in the car, the other half before first class, 1 more before lunch and 1 after lunch but before dinner).

I chew gum when I'm hungry? Not sure if that's allowed. Your hunger should pass after about 5 days though? Brushing your teeth also helps.

Loose skin - start using a moisturizer (palmers) and perhaps bio oil (it's good)

Bren
X:)

1. Furry tongue is part of it hun, nothing you can do but brush it when cleaning your teeth, and listerene strips for the dodgy breath.

2. Poor diet is often a trigger for type 2 diabetes, so maybe that is erradicated with the mineral/vitamin balanced LT diet. Blood sugar levels cant rise if you arent eating any glyco producing foods.

3. No idea if there is an age limit, but at 16 the body is still developing, surely if its "only" a stone to lose, that is normal "puppy" fat as such, and will go as they grow. This is why exercise is soooo importand when young, being active, and NOT smoking!

4. Yes you really HAVE to drink the water. It is an essential part of the regime and important for correcting the fluid retention levels. as well as being great for your skin conditioning.

5. Loose skin is only preventable by exercise I believe. Skin is still loose not because it was stretched when over weight, but because there is still a fatty layer under the skin, no longer supported by the previous bulk. We need to remove all the excess fat attached to the skin and exercise to tone.

6. For light exercise at home I reckon the wii fit would be ideal. Gets your heartbeat going, is something different so will keep you interested and not bore you into losing motivation, and is something you can do with others, as well as on your own.

7. When hungry, drink water. It does get easier after 2-weeks - honestly. DONT chew gum, it has a sugar coating, and is a no no according to the LT gods!

I chew gum when I'm hungry? Not sure if that's allowed.

:eek: ahh don't chew gum! my pharmacist will tell you off!! if you want fresh breath, you can have listerine active strips (the greeny-blue ones) i get them at my pharmacy and they are (apparently) allowed :)

i was told no gum but listerine strips are brill , when i first went on lt it was with a nurse so they gave her all the medical information on it and apparently it started as something for diabities (cant spell lol ) and sometimes it can control it and symptoms disapear ,,, check it out with a doc tho , but this is what she told meee

Sorry about the gum advice girls!
Bren
X

Thanks all so much, very helpful!

Will look into the strips when i got for my WI on tuesday, dont think il have time before!

Will pester my sis to get the Wii Fit, im too poor for one:sigh:

Thanks all again xxx

You really do need to drink the water, for loose skin why not use Palmers body firming lotion - I use it twice a day by examining your body you also get to see changes.

Light expersise I use the wii currently playing wii olympics, walk the dogs and use Flexi-bar... the vibrations help you tone all over specifically through the core it's easy to do at home and I do it every other day.

Sarah, furry tongue means you are in ketosis! Yay! Just brush your teeth and drink plenty of water!

I would guess 16 was too young, I would say 18 is a minimum age but I wouldn't put money on that! I'm not sure I would want my 16 year old doing LT as she does so much exercise as it is. If they are obese and inactive then it maybe worth a visit to a GP who is in favour of LT and see what they say.

Exercise, do what you feel like doing but try not to overdo things, especially in the first few weeks. I do a lot of walking and play tennis on the wii with the children. I also do workout videos when the children are at school which are great fun.

Your monkeys may cause your losses to be slightly smaller that week due to water retention but it should even out the following week.

I have a couple of bottles of water I keep in the fridge and sip from throughout the day - I manage abot 4L a day this way.

You are doing well babe and good luck. Great news about the diabetes!

x

I think everything has been covered above, just wanted to say you are doing well, so keep at it, and post any questions any time, that is what the forum is all about.

We all benefit from reading the replies and chances are you are asking a question someone else is worried about but might be a bit shy to ask.

Great news about the diabetes x

Hay i was going to add but i think it all covered.. I will add that i found drinking pleanty of water helped with my cravings (as it was TOTM in my first week) during my monthlys. Anyway good luck x

Back