finally taking control of my body

pinklyns25 said:
i know Elm, its so hard to lose theres no point to keep putting it on, soo annoyed with myself. well i have started weight watchers so i guess i should lose :) xx

I love how you just didn't give up completely!

Day 32

Lets see if i remember what all i ate...

Breakfast - Quaker Oats with a tad bit skim milk = 90
Lunch - 4 turkey bacon, scrambled eggs with ketchup, 1/2 cup chili beans = 400
Dinner - Boneless grilled chicken breast, 2 fish, a bowl of veggies. = 453
Total = 943 calories total

After breakfast, it was so cold out and hearing the wind made me sleepy so of course i went back to sleep, even though i only slept about 3 hours before waking up to take my brother to school then had breakfast. He's doing much better, and can walk.

Its 10 25pm right and its raining and snowing so tomorrow will suck whenever i go out to drive my brother to school.

Workout:

5 mile dvd
5 miles + 12 minutes each = 920 calories burned off

Bike, speed slow/mediumish
4.07 miles + 227.3 calories = 30 minutes

Flat in 5 dvd for 15 minutes

Total: 1147.3 calories burned off

Overall, it's been a good day with the workouts and food is okay as well. Need more, fruits and veggies.

Had about 4 liters of water today.

Now i'm just too lazy to get off the couch and go to bed:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Day 33

Breakfast - orange, 3 scrambled eggs, 4 turkey bacon = 410
Lunch - special k, 1/2 skim milk, banana, orange = 345
Dinner - 2 fish, half of grilled chicken breast, 1 cup of mushrooms, 1/2 cup sweet corn = 293
Total = 1048 calories

I sleep too much. I woke up around 10, had breakfast, then went back to sleep around 12 for 4 hours. I'm starting to annoy myself with this sleeping pattern.

It was so cold, and icy outside that school for my brother was cancelled, and so many accidents and highways were closed due to all the car crashes.

Its now 7 58 in the evening and I'm too lazy to do anything. I should be studying for my finally exam for tomorrow.

On day 6, after class I went into the girls restroom at school and took a picture of myself. So tomorrow will be 4 weeks later, and I plan on wearing the same shirt just to see if there is any difference.

The Larry King Live show is on tonight, and its his 25th year and its the last episode so I might watch it with my dad.

If I decide to workout, I'll make sure to come back and update on here.

Day 33

I worked on my arms for 30 minutes.

After 2 hours i went to lay down but then all the sudden, i don't know how to really explain it, but my body was telling me to just go exercise so that's what i did.

Put the 4 mile dvd in...
2 miles + 15 minutes each = 287 calories
2 miles + 12 minutes each = 368
Total - 650 calories total

Now shower, and then pass out so i can wake up early and study for my math final.

Good night, all.

Day 30

I had to edit everything I wrote because being negative will not get me anywhere.

Good night.

I don't think you should edit, it was how you were feeling at the time and when you come back to re read this (when at goal) you'll see the huge change in yourself.

Keep writing here - am enjoying reading.

Reactions: elm
Day 34

Went to school to take my exam. Finally done with college for this year.

Four weeks ago today, I took a picture of myself in the girls restroom at school.

The first picture is 4 weeks ago, 2nd picture is week 4 picture. Sorry if its too big or too small, since I uploaded it using my phone, I can't tell the size of it.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20101217_171510.jpg
    ForumRunner_20101217_171510.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 149
  • ForumRunner_20101217_171535.jpg
    ForumRunner_20101217_171535.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 149
Okay, I fixed it up so its right next to each other.

Attachments

• downloadfile_2.jpg
    downloadfile_2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 141
Day 34

Breakfast - 3 eggs, 4 turkey bacon = 310
Lunch - special k, 1/2 cup skim milk, banana = 245
Dinner = special k, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 pear, 1 orange, 1 snack bar = 445
Total = 1000
Ha, I didn't know I hit exactly 1000 until now :)

After breakfast I did do 3 miles.
3 miles + 12 minutes each = 552 calories burned off.

About 25 minutes on my arms. I'm obsessed with working on my arms.

I did webcam with the boyfriend for about 45 minutes, it was nice to see his face. Sometimes I can't wait to see him, sometimes I dread it. (Due to the weight of course, even though he already seen me on webcam)

Its only 9 30pm right now and I'm tired. I only slept about an hour last night before getting up to a busy day.

Tomorrow morning is weigh in day, and of course I don't feel like I've lost more than 2 pounds for some reason.

Good night, all.

Hey Elm, aww, thats a wonderful change on ur body in just 4 weeks....ur doing great and yay, another speacial k lover...which flavour do u have?

Ohh, good luck on ur weigh-in tomor... :)

Hope123 said:
Hey Elm, aww, thats a wonderful change on ur body in just 4 weeks....ur doing great and yay, another speacial k lover...which flavour do u have?

Ohh, good luck on ur weigh-in tomor... :)

Thank you love :)

I have the strawberry ones, I'm in love with it.
---------------------------------------------------

Day 35

Breakfast - special k, 1/2 cup skim milk = 155
Snack - 1 pear, 1 orange = 200
Lunch/dinner - TACOBELL!!! I've been craving it for 2 weeks, every night! So I had it and I ate it slowly just to enjoy every part of it lol. = 900 calories (I counted everything, even the sauce lol)

Yes I know that's a lot of calories but it was worth it and I didn't pass my 'allowence' too much. Total = 1255

Its now 7 17pm, last time I ate was around 3 and I'm still not hungry.

The boyfriend and his friends went up to LA today for the bmw car thingy lol its basically all the people that drive a bmw go there to show off their cars. So of course the boyfriend had to go show his off too...men are weird sometimes.

Erm, let see...I went shopping with my little brother today for about 3 hours. Traffic was hell since all stores now have everything on sale and everyone was out shopping for last minute christmas gifts I guess. I enjoyed walking around, didn't enjoy standing in the lines forever though.

Tonight I'll be working on my arms again. For a week now I've been using 10lbs on each side and I'm getting comfortable with it so I have to increase the weight. Not sure about doing anything else..maybe some cardio.

This morning I weighed myself and it said 250. Right after I saw -3lbs I was a tad bit disappointed but then had to use the restroom again pretty badly, weighed myself after and it said I lost 4lbs LOL. My sister and I couldn't stop laughing at that.

And off to go enjoy the rest of the night.

Day 36

Breakfast - quaker oats 1/4 cup = 75
Lunch - 1 cup soup, 1 banana = 180
Dinner = 2 cups chili beans, 2 toasted bread, cream chesse = 470
Total = 725 calories

Not feeling too good nor hungry. Had to force myself to eat.

Worked on my arms for 35 minutes and danced for 15 minutes.

Tomorrow starts with the mile workouts again.

Good night, all.

Day 37

Ate 1130 total calories.

Worked on arms for 35 minutes. Took Rex out for a 15 minute walk. Walked around in target for an hour and half.

Good night, all.

Day 40

Its 2 31 in the morning. The past couple of days have been really bad. Ate whatever I wanted which is why my tummy doesn't feel so good.

In the morning, I'll be back to eating healthy and hopefully workout. I expect to gain this week. Sucks but I did it to myself.

Congratulations on how well you are doing! You look so much more "streamlined" in the second photo, an amazing difference! Good luck!

Day 42

After eating everything, and anything, I gained one pound. I'm happy it wasn't more.

Its 2 51 in the afternoon. Even though we do not celebrate christmas, we decided to get presents for each other anyway, since I want my brother to feel 'normal' and say he got things as well.

We'll exchange it when my mom gets home from work though. The limit between my brother, sister, and I was $20 but we all spent well over $100 lol.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays <3

Day 44

It is 4 46 in the morning. Oh my, I continued to eat junk food. Though Saturday night I did work on my arms for 35 minutes.

I figured my problem is that even though I do come on this site often since I always carry my phone, I got lazy and decided not to post what I have had to eat which results to me over eating.

So, here I go back to counting everything and posting it. For the next 5 days, I'll be eating very little, but drinking a lot just to make up for the past 2 days, so atleast Saturday my weight would hopefully go down. I seriously need to get back into working out.

My goal this week is to atleast do 15 miles, and then increase a mile or two each week. Also, work on the abs twice a day, and continue on my arms. I'm determined.

Saturday, I spent time with a bunch of family members and we all played wii fit and wii games and I was playing with my baby cousin who is 14 months now and my sister took a picture of me holding my cousin, and my gawd I am huge. This is not acceptable.

I might go take a nap now but I WILL workout no matter what!

Day 46

I had 950 calories today.

Tonight, I plan on doing my arms and such, I'll come back and update on all that. Only had 1 liter of water today, its only 6 43 in the evening so I'll drink more tonight.

2 night ago, my sister and I stayed up till around 5 in the morning talking about how far we've come and how much our parents struggled when we first came to America, which brought tears to both our eyes.

She then brought up the topic of me losing weight, she says I'm losing motivation again and she can see it. Which is true. Well, WAS true because her words changed it around for me to get back into motivation mode.

When I was 9, I realized that I had a lot of things wrong with me. Went to the doctors, and I have taking loads of meds because I'm basically allergic to many things...fresh air, grass, pollen, nuts, dust, etc. At 12 they said I had asthma due to the allergies being pretty bad. My dad noticed I was gaining weight and that's how the weight issue began. Now, I didn't know this until 2 night ago. Apparently, when we went to visit Bosnia in 2007, my dad was telling all my family members about my issues.

I wish I knew about this when I was younger because I was and still am a stubborn girl so I would've refused to take any of the meds. When we went to Bosnia, my asthma went away. We came back, the doctors had no clue how it went away, but they claim its probably the clean air over there that helped me.

My allergies to this day are still bad. It makes me feel like sh*t for not knowing this earlier.

Ah, I can't hold onto the past any longer. 2011 will be my year though.

Day 46

Workout dvd: 5 miles
5 miles + 12 minutes each = 909 calories burned

Then i feel a sleep, woke up, and ate bosnian food. No idea how many calories that is.:sigh:

Just have to workout even harder the next day.

Day 48

Its 4 19 in the morning, I woke up not feeling too good and my voice is already starting to sound funny. Welcome back, allergies. I hope they don't get too bad, because its annoying paying $150-$300 for just one shot.

Day 47 went pretty well. I did end up doing 1 mile which was 181.5 calories burned. Woke up early, ate breakfast and then continued on with my day.

Had to go pick up a 3 month supply from the doctors of my meds. Then we donated 3 big bags of clothes to the salvation army. Then shopped at Target, bought my brother a microphone headset for his xbox and then I ended up pay $6 for the wrong shampoo because I didn't read where it said conditioner instead lol.

Went and bought gifts for my cousins for the new years, thats how we also celebrate the new year. Went and ate some subway with my sister, it was so yummy and no bad on the calories either.

Today, I saw my second mom and bella (grand-daughter) at walmart and garden ridge and spent about an hour with me. My arm aches now from holding bella, she is almost 3 years old. Oh my, she's growing up so fast.

My parents bought us (me, my brother and sister) gifts for the new years. I got a body tone workout machine. Basically like steps, and elliptical workout. Sorry, can't really explain it but it burns my muscles fast.

Now here's to a hoping I don't feel like crap all day, so I can actually enjoy counting down tonight in less than 20 hours. :)

Back