finally taking control of my body

All from aldi:

Egg (but I usually just eat the egg whites) (3)
Turkey bacon
Tortilla (I make egg burritos) (2)
Fit and active strawberry banana (16)
Andes mint chocolate (chopped up 4 pieces and put in my yogurt)
Almonds
Fit and active bars (3)
Non stick olive oil spray (2)
Wheat bread
Pretzels
Ketchup
Greens beans
Black berry
Raspberry
Strawberry
Banana
Cucumbers
Pomegranates (1)
Carrots (2)
Chicken breast (2)
Ground beef (when I crave tacos) (you can do turkey)
Knorr rice (4)
Oatmeal
Chilli (5)
Tuna (5)
Red pepper hummus
Garlic powder seasoning
Chilli powder seasoning

Frozen section:
Fish (2)
Mixed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower together) (18 bags)
Corn (3 bags)
Green peas (3 bags)
...each bag is $1.09
Fit and active hot pockets (4 boxes)
Fit and active lean meals (3)

...I just checked my receipt and wrote it all down lol

I buy enough for 2 weeks of food. If I find something somewhere else that's healthy, I'll get it.

I've lost my voice and was suppose to go running this morning with my dad. But it's best if I don't talk and rest it and I know running would just make it worse because it's freezing cold. But I'm upset because that's mine and my dad's thing...we run together. :(

Just got my temperature down from 100.0 to 97.4 phew. I'm sweating like crazy now too. I know I should've weighed myself later because I have water in me (3:28am) but I'm starving because I went to sleep around 8pm and want to eat. So, good bye 0.6lbs :) also, happy 100th log in days on myfitnesspal.

image-2434929622.jpg

Week 1: 2.4lbs
Week 2: 3.4lbs
Week 3: 2.0lbs
Week 4: STS
Week 5: 2.6lbs
Week 6: 0.2lbs
Week 7: 5.4lbs
Week 8: +.2lbs
Week 9: 0.4lbs
Week 10: +1.6lbs
Week 11: 2.8lbs
Week 12: +3.2lbs
Week 13: 6.6lbs
Week 14: 1.6lbs
Week 15: 0.6lbs
Week 16:
Week 17:
Week 18:
Week 19:
Week 20:
Week 21:

Just sent an email to my boss saying I'm sick and won't be able to come in. That pretty much means I'll be working Saturday to make up my hours. This seriously sucks. My throat hurts so much and my voice is half way back. F**k you America and your insurance ways that it costs hundreds for one visit without it.

eugh I really feel for you with the insurance thing. We are so, so lucky in the UK! And I like to remind people of this when they moan about waiting times/prescription costs etc. I once looked into medical insurance in america, and found out if I ever moved there (which i wouldn't) I wouldn't be able to get ANY insurance due to preexisting conditions. No one would touch me with a stick! Madness to think of a developed country not having basic and free access to medication and doctors. At least in the UK if you are ill, you can go to a doctor for meds or for a letter for your employer. Hope you feel better soon :)

With the new Obama care, it's suppose to help those with pre-existing conditions which is great but it's not affordable like they say it is lol. My insurance started January 1, 2014 and I'm paying about $215 a month. My uncle and aunt are paying $480 just for them two. Some people said on Facebook their rates increase to $200 a week. Not affordable really.

It's 4:53AM and I've been up for 2 hours. My ears are stuffed, the back of my head hurts, my nose is closed, voice barely there, throat hurts a lot, and yet my temperature is only 96.4F lol. I emailed my boss again and said I won't be coming in. Looks like I'll be working 8 days straight till thanksgiving when it's my next day off. Such bullsh*t. At least I'm not eating like crap.

I made a list of things I want to do or get when I hit certain weight goals. I showed my sister the list and she will be there to take a picture and on some she might join if she isn't scared, lol. My goal reward will be going on a hot air ballon.

It's now 3:29AM and finally back to laying in bed. At 2:44AM I got up and got dressed and drive to Walgreens for Tylenol, ear drops for my double ear aches, and something for my cough. So here I am, in bed, coughing less and have tissue sticking out of each ear to hold the drops in. No sleep and I'm returning to work today and working as much as I can in 4 days because I have to make up 16 hours and want Sunday off.

I will not let this put me in a bad mood either.

I mean, I've only been awake for 28 or so hours so maybe if my body was nice to me it would let me go to sleep. Just maybe. I have ear drops in both ears with tissues in it holding the liquid in. My head feels like it'll explode. But 3 more work days till Sunday; a day off.

Good night.

Hi Elm,

seems like the illness is getting you down, but the good thing is that youre not self medicating with bad food, one of the things i used to do when i didnt feel great.

Hope you feel better soon

You can use your sick days but I rather just work extra hours a day then use it up so I can save them for vacation. I got home a bit ago and did the 40 hours in the 4 days so I can be off tomorrow.

---
MucinexDM is amazing for coughs. But the cons are: $15 and now I need just the regular one that relieved chest congestion and seriously $15 again? No. I bought once and it helps me so much. But my chest is extremely congested. Ugh.

---

Ate too much yesterday and today. I need to focus again and get back on my working out. Good thing tomorrow is weigh in and it'll be a gain but it's a need day.

---

I think I'm going to try 2-a-day. As in working out twice a day. I'm thinking about doing yoga in the morning before work...like wake up at 5AM for it and then after work to run/work out or do yoga again.

I've noticed I feel extremely relaxed for hours after doing yoga and I feel calm. I like it. When I'm in much better shape I'm going to do hot yoga that's 90 minutes and do the 30 day/60day/90day challenge when you have to do that yoga every day. It's very expensive too.

---

I'm rambling.

I'm so freaking annoyed about this gain.

image-2062720855.jpg

Week 16: +1.8lbs
Week 17:
Week 18:
Week 19:
Week 20:
Week 21:

I'm even more annoyed that none of the moderators will give me an answer about why I cannot get on here without wifi! Ugh

To get my mood back up so I can be happy, yoga;

image-197703416.jpg

I'm in love with my new mate, too. I love the color. I feel amazing.

Omnomnom!!
image-1512011929.jpg

3 egg whites and 3 turkey bacon. It was delicious.
image-2761149500.jpg

Day 1 completed.
image-3207182534.jpg

It was 19 degrees (-7 Celsius) today and yesterday. It'll be a cold winter for sure. The wind blows so strong that it hurts your lungs when you try to get air.

I had 126 grams of protein today.
My dinner: chicken breast sandwich yum!
image-801455645.jpg

Yoga:
image-3287449760.jpg

Day 2 complete of squats:
image-4131800942.jpg

----

I read the daily mail a lot and hate that it doesn't update as much but I read a story about amazon and how they treat their employees and the low pay they get in the UK...how stupid of amazon.

Yoga completed.
Day 3 of squats completed. (Ouch!)
Day 2/100 healthy eating.

150 grams of protein today.

I should do yoga but I feel like I'll fall a sleep right now sitting up. It's only 7:32pm.

I offered to work tomorrow 5pm till midnight. I'll be getting holiday paid plus double pay for 7 hours plus 7 hours of overtime. It's a lot of money but I have to work Friday 8am-4:30pm.

I'm so stupid.

I do 7.30am-10pm shifts every day. then a sleep in shift (where you sleep in a bed at work but your on call if something happens)

Am doing 5 24 hour shifts this week in total, plus 2 office shifts on my 'days off'

Take it from me, a long shift isn't as bad as you think it is - pack some nice food to eat throughout the day. get out for a walk round the block/do some squats in the toilet LOL but anything to stretch your legs. At least its going into your weekend! Make sure you dream of what to do with your hard earned cash when you think you've had enough on shift tomorrow. It will lift your mood when you think of wonderrful things to buy.do/see :)

image-565031459.jpg

Week 16: +1.8lbs
Week 17: - 1.6lbs
Week 18:
Week 19:
Week 20:
Week 21:

----
Thursday, after thanksgiving, we played soccer. My little cousin accidentally knee-ed me in my shin that it took me to the ground and felt like I was going to throw up, lol. It's been 4 days and still hurts to walk a bit. I got an awesome blue bruise that's huge on my shin area. But I had fun and I lost weight during thanksgiving.

Back