First attempt at Day 1-4 Refeed 8/8/09

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Hi Guys
Oh boy, I cant believe it is almost here! Nervous and was so stressed out just working these menus out...hence the reason why I am only at Day 4.

Can you please pass comments, etc....cant believe how scared I am.

I have emailed LT about some herbs/spices as was unsure......

Day 1
B - Shake
L - Shake - easy peasy
D - 4-60oz white fish in lemon/dill (not sure about dill, but waiting for reply)
Salad of lettuce, cucumber, w cress, toms, mushrooms, onions, peppers,/beansprouts in lemon/balsamic vinegar and parsley (again,not sure about parsley)

Day 2
B - Shake
L - Tuna salad with lemon (is this allowed)? or best balsamic
D - 4-6oz chicken (with spices, not sure which ones yet)
2 TBSP veggies (whatever is in the allotment)!

Day 3
B - Shake
L - Tuna and red onion/baked spud with either LF FF or LF Natural Yoghurt.
D - 4-6oz white fish fillet (with dill/lemon)
Salad (as Day 1)

Day 4
B - Shake
L - Linseed and Soya bread x 1 with ham, toms, lettuce and cucumber with tsp Very Light mayo
D - Lentil burgers (asked about this? Not sure if I can have) with Home made oven chips (6 new pots), covered with paprika.
Cucumber/Yoghurt and Dill dip

I await the screams of horror..that I have misread completely!!!!!

I will endevour to get round to Day 5-7.

THANKS AGAIN.

GOT DATE WRONG...I RE-FEED ON THE 7TH AUGUST, NOT 8TH

Last edited:
I think it all seems ok chick. Apart from the spices, but i am sure they are allowed. I had lemon juice from day 1 so you should be fine.

How are you making your home made chips? Just be careful and dont add extra fats like oil - at worst buy the fry lite stuff if you need them to be greased 1cal a spray. :)

Are you nervous but excited? I remember that feeling :giggle: x

Hi Tanya

THANKS....LT emailed me and I can have any spices/herbs from Day 1 :) I forgot to ask about the lemon though. Ok on the lentils and pulses as well on after Day 4 :)

I will boil them first for around 10 mins, then just coat them with the spices and cook them in the oven, no oil...although I do have the FryLite, but am trying not to use any oils/fats at all from now on :)

Good old Slimming World fat free chips :)!!!!

You know Tanya, I am excited, and nervous all wrapped up in one. I know I am ready to start eating again, albiet only for a short while as I have decided to amend my goal after the hols to 9stone...so I will come back to LT for the remainder, whatever that may be.

Again, thanks for your input; so dont want to mess it up after all the hard work in the past few weeks.

Hi Tanya

THANKS....LT emailed me and I can have any spices/herbs from Day 1 :) I forgot to ask about the lemon though. Ok on the lentils and pulses as well on after Day 4 :)

I will boil them first for around 10 mins, then just coat them with the spices and cook them in the oven, no oil...although I do have the FryLite, but am trying not to use any oils/fats at all from now on :)

Good old Slimming World fat free chips :)!!!!

You know Tanya, I am excited, and nervous all wrapped up in one. I know I am ready to start eating again, albiet only for a short while as I have decided to amend my goal after the hols to 9stone...so I will come back to LT for the remainder, whatever that may be.

Again, thanks for your input; so dont want to mess it up after all the hard work in the past few weeks.

Come on, share your home made chips recipe ..... i'm going to have chips on monday if you do! :giggle:

Good news on the spices etc, i am sure lemon is fine though, email them if you like just to double check as you've worked so hard its understandable you dont wana mess it up!

I have ammended my goal too - i am going back on LT after my graduation to get down to 10st :eek: we can do it :p

Having one of my occasional ventures to "the other side", lol, refeeding's a way off yet for me - but it's very exciting/scary to watch people planning their food intake!

Fat free chips sound like a recipe to remember :)

Hi I cant wait for my refeed and im only on wk2, the thought of having chips tonight would just be fantastic - god im sat here dribbling !!

I think you can do fat free chips just by cutting them up and add a bit of fry lite over them if you need to and just put them in the oven, you might want to put them on some foil on a oven try and cook them until they are done. I had them on slimming world and they are lush !!!!

Hiya Scotsmist! You're certainly not alone in feeling scared about eating again - and more importantly getting it right!!

I can't see too much wrong with your menu .... I KNOW you meant up to 6ozs fish on day 1 not 60 ;) :)
If you can do your chips without the frylight great. I wouldn't have ANY fat - even the minute amount in a few sprays of that, not in the first week at least.
I'm sure all herbs, spices and lemon are okay.
Lentil burgers ... great that you can have the lentils - what else is in them?

Best of luck .... it IS scary but you'll be fine xx

Come on, share your home made chips recipe ..... i'm going to have chips on monday if you do! :giggle:

Good news on the spices etc, i am sure lemon is fine though, email them if you like just to double check as you've worked so hard its understandable you dont wana mess it up!

I have ammended my goal too - i am going back on LT after my graduation to get down to 10st :eek: we can do it :p

You got there before I replied:) I prefer though to have chilli or/and paprika on them...just makes them a little different and I try not to use any oil/fat.

YOu will get to your new goal - no problem for you at all!!! Yes, we will both do it and get there..and be shouting from the rooftops!

Hiya Scotsmist! You're certainly not alone in feeling scared about eating again - and more importantly getting it right!!

I can't see too much wrong with your menu .... I KNOW you meant up to 6ozs fish on day 1 not 60 ;) :)
If you can do your chips without the frylight great. I wouldn't have ANY fat - even the minute amount in a few sprays of that, not in the first week at least.
I'm sure all herbs, spices and lemon are okay.
Lentil burgers ... great that you can have the lentils - what else is in them?

Best of luck .... it IS scary but you'll be fine xx[/QUOTE]

Hi Jan...oh, dear yes, I meant 6oz....hahaha....I know, I am so worried that I mess things up..
Decided not to do the lentils..realised that carbs are my worst enemy, so going back to the drawing board. I also remembered that I would need egg/breadcrumbs as well for the burgers. Will have another go - reason I posted, as it makes you think and people just help along the way!!

THANKS!!!

Good luck on refeed Scotsmist, your menu looks great with plenty of variation.

It is a bit scary in the first few days, but you will enjoy the flavours so much once you do start to eat.

Good luck in refeed.

I did ask you on another thread a week or so ago, but I cant find it now. Where in Turkey is your Husband from? I love Turkey and I go twice a year. We have a friend who is like a Son to us now and we went to visit his Family a couple of years ago, it was lovely to see the real Turkey instead of the tourist side of Turkey.

I did ask you on another thread a week or so ago, but I cant find it now. Where in Turkey is your Husband from? I love Turkey and I go twice a year. We have a friend who is like a Son to us now and we went to visit his Family a couple of years ago, it was lovely to see the real Turkey instead of the tourist side of Turkey.

He comes from Istanbul.....but the Asian side, from Gebze.....Oh, I love Turkey. It is strange because when I go I just feel part of the whole culture. I love the music, the people, the food, oh, just everything about it. I so would love to move there..my husband is however, not so keen because of the whole political things that are happening..which is such a shame.

Where does your friend live? We just booked our flights tonight to Istanbul, but we are also going to Bursa, Kusadasi and hopefully Bodrum (which I have never been to before)..longest holiday for over 10 years!! Cant wait.

It is nice to see the "proper" Turkey...unfortunately, when we go to Kusadasi this is when you see the horrible touristy side!!!

Our friend is from Konya, we spent a couple of days there with him and his Parents 2 years ago and we were treated like royalty, it was a marvellous experience. Me and my OH would love to go back to see them again, but unfortunately its a 12 hour drive from Icmeler, so I dont think we will return. The other option is to go there for a holiday, but having said I love the 'real' Turkey, I dont think I would want to spend my entire holiday there. Never happy lol, are we!

I too love everything Turkish. My favourite meal is Sac Kavurna, I ate that 3 times when I was there in June and I cant wait to go back in October to eat it again, but I will watch the Chef cook it the next time then try it myself when I come home.

Your trip away sounds wonderful. I would like to visit Bursa, thats where our friend done his army service and the way he was explaining it - it made us want to go there for a holiday. Who knows, maybe next year.

Our friend is from Konya, we spent a couple of days there with him and his Parents 2 years ago and we were treated like royalty, it was a marvellous experience. Me and my OH would love to go back to see them again, but unfortunately its a 12 hour drive from Icmeler, so I dont think we will return. The other option is to go there for a holiday, but having said I love the 'real' Turkey, I dont think I would want to spend my entire holiday there. Never happy lol, are we!

I too love everything Turkish. My favourite meal is Sac Kavurna, I ate that 3 times when I was there in June and I cant wait to go back in October to eat it again, but I will watch the Chef cook it the next time then try it myself when I come home.

Your trip away sounds wonderful. I would like to visit Bursa, thats where our friend done his army service and the way he was explaining it - it made us want to go there for a holiday. Who knows, maybe next year.

That is the nice thing, they treat you so amazingly! I like Bursa too, it is not as big as Istanbul, but there is such a buzz about the place and it is quite modern which is lovely too.

I've never heard of Konya - need to have a look on google now ;-)

I have found a wonderful website that does all Turkish food....in fact, the lady brought out a book and I bought it. It isnt a big book and to be honest everything in the book is on the website. It is called Binnur's Turkish Cookbook......wonderful! I do them for my husband all the time, but I very seldom eat them as they are usually made with a lot of olive oil :-(!!

Have a good day!!!

Thanks for that, I will have a look at that site.

Konya is the birthplace of Mevlana and his Mausoleum is there, its a well known tourist spot too.

Sorry to be a let down girls but am off to a touristy place in 3weeks 5 days .... lara beach! :giggle:

Mary, this is probably a stupid question but is Turkey actually in the EU???

Got people telling me it is, and then others saying no it aint?!!

Back