first day of JUDDD!

bettiesrevenge

Gold Member
Hi all. Tomorrow is my first official DD. I've had an UP today and I have to say I have eating fatigue! I feel bloated and weird. I'm reading through the low carb friends JUDDD forum. Having been on VCLDs for over a year and just stalling in hoping this is going to work to fix my messed up metabolism.

I found myself hitting a wall today. I never thought I would say that! Just couldn't eat' hopefully down days will be easier!

I will be weighing in on a Saturday. So jeronimo! Off I go!

Good luck, hope it works for you , you should be fine after doing VLCD s you know what its like to eat very few cals, don't forget to enjoy your UPs too thats an important point too. Welcome to our little corner of minimins :)

bajoleth said:
Good luck, hope it works for you , you should be fine after doing VLCD s you know what its like to eat very few cals, don't forget to enjoy your UPs too thats an important point too. Welcome to our little corner of minimins :)

Thanks! I do have a diary over on silver members. I'm looking forward to it I have to say! It's hard to eat that high numbers of cals, today I've made some bad carby calorific choices. Hopefully that's just novelty. I need to really manage those carby demons! The occasional treat is fine but today, I was a monster and I feel sluggish and bloated as a result, not to mention a bit hormonal! Which will be all the sugar whooshing around my body.

Can I just ask, is it best to stick to alternate up and downs for the whole week. I see some people have double ups on a weekend. Is that after the initial two weeks?

Hi I started Juddd with 2 UPs on a weekend and thats how I have always done it , I think others have done it from the start too. I suppose alternate days is the 'best' way to do it but I 'usually' lose weight and have the weekend off can't ask for more than that ! Just do with whatever you feel comfortable with x

Folks on that LCF JUDDD forum you've been browsing recommend that you do 2 strict weeks of UD/DD rotation before adding tweaks (have you spotted any of my daft posts there yet? :eek:). Can't remember if Dr J advises that too (I do have the book so I'll have a look later). But anyway, they reckon it's best to do the 2 weeks of strict rotation so that you get lots of SIRT enzymes kicking in. They may be on to something, because people report that after a few weeks on the diet they're able to do 3 or even 4 UDs in a row without gaining weight.

But as well as Jo, KarenLou's done UDs on both Saturday and Sunday from the beginning, I think, and is still losing well. I guess it depends a bit on whether you feel you need to do UDs on both days. Now that I'm into the swing of it, I'm finding that I don't actually want to do two UDs in a row!

Lily said:
Folks on that LCF JUDDD forum you've been browsing recommend that you do 2 strict weeks of UD/DD rotation before adding tweaks (have you spotted any of my daft posts there yet? :eek:). Can't remember if Dr J advises that too (I do have the book so I'll have a look later). But anyway, they reckon it's best to do the 2 weeks of strict rotation so that you get lots of SIRT enzymes kicking in. They may be on to something, because people report that after a few weeks on the diet they're able to do 3 or even 4 UDs in a row without gaining weight.

But as well as Jo, KarenLou's done UDs on both Saturday and Sunday from the beginning, I think, and is still losing well. I guess it depends a bit on whether you feel you need to do UDs on both days. Now that I'm into the swing of it, I'm finding that I don't actually want to do two UDs in a row!

Are you Lily on the LCD JUDDD forum?

Hello just coming to join if that's ok!

Good luck!

Ruth
X

Well hello! Thanks for popping in Ruth!

Lily, it makes perfect sense to do strict Up and down for the first two weeks. I think I will use this as my first week and do it by the book. I'm going to have to plan some proper meals on UP days, so I don't just go mad and eat for Britain all the sugar I can get my hands on!

Mel - are you on LCF too?

Good luck .Not that you need it you will be fine:)

Just an interesting note , sorry to hijack your thread but everyweek I have done Juddd I have done 2 UPs on the weekend, the first time that I didn't do 2 UPs in a row was last week and it was my first ever STS??? Now there were lots of factors that could have affected that , TOTM due (though I lost 2lbs a week last time on TOTM week, I havent been to the toilet !, etc etc, so I am sticking with what I know works for me, not that this should have any reflection on what you decide to do just thought it was an interesting aside ;)

Morning Nat. I tried to register for the forum but for reason I can't get on. I could not find a phone or iPad version, so I think it will be a laptop thing. I will come back and let you know when I access. I'd like to read some more about what people are doing on JUDDD.

Morning Nat. I tried to register for the forum but for reason I can't get on. I could not find a phone or iPad version, so I think it will be a laptop thing. I will come back and let you know when I access. I'd like to read some more about what people are doing on JUDDD.

For some reason it's quite strictly moderated. I've already inadvertently contravened the rules twice (I was mortified - I'm not a naughty girl! :eek: - and I only have around 25 posts there!) I almost took my bat and ball home and gave it up as a bad job but there's so much useful stuff there that I decided to try not to take it personally and hang on in there!

Interesting about the STS and the 2 UDs, Jo. As you say, it might just be a coincidence. P'raps a nice 'whoosh' is coming your way for next week. :)

Nat, as the days have gone on, I've found I've wanted less and less sweet stuff on an UD - instead, I find myself drawn to ridiculously healthy stuff like fruit and veg. I think the whole process is making me more aware of my calorie intake and getting maximum bang for my buck, as it were!

Hello all!

Well today has been a ridiculously down day. Down in all respects of the word, and I've not been the gym since Saturday. Pants. But the good (?) news is I think I'm at less than 250 cals at the moment. I'm going to go onto MFP in a mo to find out.

Lily I hope my up day tomorrow is more restrained. I need to know what others are eating to try and nab some ideas. I have plenty of steak, chicken, fish.... Problem is I don't do rice, or chips or even pasta, so I usually have salad. Not many cals there!

Hope y'all are ok!

Hello all!

Well today has been a ridiculously down day. Down in all respects of the word, and I've not been the gym since Saturday. Pants. But the good (?) news is I think I'm at less than 250 cals at the moment. I'm going to go onto MFP in a mo to find out.

Lily I hope my up day tomorrow is more restrained. I need to know what others are eating to try and nab some ideas. I have plenty of steak, chicken, fish.... Problem is I don't do rice, or chips or even pasta, so I usually have salad. Not many cals there!

Hope y'all are ok!

Carby veg, then? Carrots, peas, sweetcorn? Fats! Nuts!

Bleugh to salad :) My favourite thing about this WOE is that I don't have to do salad!

Doh, I've just registered that you said "down in every sense of the word". :(

Big hugs :bighug: Sorry it's been a crappy day x x

Lily said:
Doh, I've just registered that you said "down in every sense of the word". :(

Big hugs :bighug: Sorry it's been a crappy day x x

Thanks Hun! Just had more dark revelations at work and feel utterly skanked by a colleague I trusted for the last three years. Turns out there is every possibility that he was the smiling assassin stealing from under my nose!

Tomorrow is an up day though!

Well, let's hope it's an up day in every sense of the word then x x

Boo to skanky colleagues! :argh: :flamingmad:

Last edited:
Hope you're ok today and that you have a better day! Colleagues can be so nasty!!

You are doing so well so keep it up :D

This is from me!! :bighug:

Ruth
X

bluegirl said:
Soooo how's the Up been sweet cheeks? X

Still about 700 cals short! I need to get these in before 6 in future!

Today has been ok though, bit of a dense breaky, light lunch of tuna salad and rib eye and cauliflower mash for tea!

Totally mid month bloated though. Puffy to the extreme!

Back