First day on the job....

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Hey! Coming to you live from one of three PCs provided in the canteen for staff to use! How cool is that! When I am done here, I may curl up on the couch and watch TV, as provided. Or I will buy something fancy to eat at very low prices from their rather tasty canteen menu in one of the cool American Style diner booths!

Then I will go back, and sit with happy, shiny smiling people.

Then I will go home.

Happy = so so much happier then I was in my other job 2 weeks ago.

Night and DAY!!! There is NO comparison!

HOWEVER - rubbish loo mirrors!!!!! :D :D

Seriosuly - I am so chuffed - this is worlds apart from the other job. Thank goodness for this!

Will have further updates later - hope everyone is having a good day!!

See y!

xx

BL that sounds amazing. Well done on taking the steps to change your job. The company sounds like it looks after its employees. Do they have a suggestions box where you could drop in a comment on the mirrors? LOL Enjoy.

Great news BL so glad for you. With what you went thru recently job wise you deserve it :)

Was thinking of you several times today. Glad all went as hoped if not better!!! (Bummer about the loo mirrors though).

I was grinning madly as I read this! Really chuffed for ya! Shame about the mirrors though hey! xx

sounds great!
mirror situation sounds bad tho - maybe you should re-think the job after all ;-)
daisy x

Hey peeps!

WEll, what a difference an employer makes. THe big friendly bank could learn a thing or two.

I am well impressed with my first day. Really really feels good. ANd yes, they do have a reputation for looking after staff, and more then one intimated that to me today.

I am exhausted. just got in. Going to take some adjusting to this shift!!

Now - to throw a fly in the ointment, it would appear I am desired by another company as well. :D

I had an interview last week, just to see what it was all about - and - its a job, 5 minutes from home for the same money and bennies that I am traveling to Brighton for.

She called me this morning and told me the managing director very much wants to meet me, so I have an interview tomorrow morning. May as well go see what htey have to say.

Its a real split - this newest potetntial offer is a small office, about 10 people. No headets. No call boards. No targets. No call centre mentality at all. Full Case owenrship -you have a portfolio, and you manage it.

Nice easy walk - 20 to 30 minutes - from home. 5 minute drive. Friendly group - supports a good cause - growth potential -

ARGH!!!!! I don;t know wWHAT to do!!!!

Guess I will see what it feels like tomorrow - but I really liked what I saw today.

I am SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I beat feet and got out of that first job!!

A year ago I would have just settled and accepted it as my fate, and to spare the horrible experience of more interviews as a fat person. I would have just sucked it up and taken it and stayed.

What a great life ahead. The old me is GONE!!! :D

XXX

I'm pooped!!

Oh - LS - I wore black trousers, heels, a white tunic with a black and white print and a little black waistcoat. :)

x

So pleased for you

Have thought about you various times today. Glad it went well and fingers crossed for tomorrow too.
Go with your gut instinct. It's usually right. xxxxx
Will be dying for the next installment. H and J send their love.

Also, apart from the mirrors, have you an inkling on how stable they are in this current climate? It could be either way for a big or a small company but you wouldn't want to go through this all again in a few months time because they have to start laying off.

Outfit sounds nice! you really have found a thing with clothes! I wish you lived nearer to me.:sigh:

Back