First ever VLCD

Don't shake ANY water other than cold. You'll get that effect with warm water too

Day 4 is going well so far. Had a cafe latte shake, warmed up and stirred this time instead of exploding all over the kitchen (thanks for the advice Starlight) Not feeling as hungry today either, does this mean ketosis has kicked in?

The challenge is certainly on now, I'm off to the mothers shortly and her cupboards are always full of crisps, chocolate and sweets etc, lets see if I can survive without succombing!! Then I'm off to Manchester later on tonight, I'll stick to the voddy and diet coke and hopefully won't be tempted by a pizza at the end of the night!

hope you had a good night out & behaved lol

Sorry meant to say about adding hot water not to use a shaker, I found out the hard way too! :p I use a blender for my hot drinks, much safer that way! x

Well last night was a success (of sorts) I did end up getting veeeery drunk however did just stick to vodka and diet coke. Stuck to the diet 100% today which is a shock seeing as I usually eat the whole house on a hangover. Checked the scales (naughty I know) and have lost 7lbs in total from starting the diet!! Looking forward to weigh in day on Wednesday!!

MissAmy that dress looks fantastic!! Go ahead and buy it, it will give you the motivation to carry on and get into it, just wish I was young enough to go for something likr this!! I would buy it in a moment, lol, its lovely! Good luck!!

LOL at the smoking, I seem to have doubled my intake!!! thats the next thing on the list to go!! but want to get the weight down first.

Weasey you are an inspiration!!! Thankyou, gonna getr back to 100% tomorrow!

Hi Willow I am going to buy it just wondering what size I should go for, I'm going to see how much weight and inches I've lost after a month and then decide from there. It will definitely spur me on to get into it! I'm not planning on giving up smoking just yet either, I don't think I'd get by without a cigarette or 10 haha.

I've just been looking through a few diaries, it's so inspiring, one girl lost almost 2 stone in 4 weeks and I just think that is amazing! She did end up "falling off the wagon" and her weight loss has stalled. It's definitely made me more focused and I'm certainly not going to "treat" myself because I know I'll just be gutted when I get on the scales. As the saying goes, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

No more vodka for me either, I drank the best part of a litre last night albeit with diet coke but I just feel horrendous today! Especially not being able to have carbs to soak it up and take this horrible feeling in my stomach away. Still stook to the plan 100% today although I really just wanted a couple of slices of toast. So proud of myself!

MoJo so well done on the smaller size drss!! Good for you!

Aw MissAmy you should feel proud and well done on missing the toast.!! I have been off the last two days but stuck to protein (and wine) but funnily enough am in ketosis!! When I wasn't showing up before. As for the smoking, I personally would leave it till you get to your goal or near to! then you can afford to play around with a few pounds if your metabolism changes as it will slow down weight loss, good luck toyou, you will look great in that dress!

I can't tell if I'm in ketosis or not, I feel no different today than I did on day 1. I'm not craving anything though which is always good! I am a little worried I might have wasted my first week by having so much vodka, at least I didn't touch the wine which is a first for me! I need to stop weighing myself constantly because I'm a different weight each time I weigh. I never know when the best time to weigh is to get an accurate weight. I'm just hoping when I measure I've lost a few inches, even then if I haven't lost as many pounds as I wanted I'll know that it is still shifting!

MissAmyMarie said:
I can't tell if I'm in ketosis or not, I feel no different today than I did on day 1. I'm not craving anything though which is always good! I am a little worried I might have wasted my first week by having so much vodka, at least I didn't touch the wine which is a first for me! I need to stop weighing myself constantly because I'm a different weight each time I weigh. I never know when the best time to weigh is to get an accurate weight. I'm just hoping when I measure I've lost a few inches, even then if I haven't lost as many pounds as I wanted I'll know that it is still shifting!

The diet coke you drank will probably had kept you out of ketosis tho-as it contains citric acid! And you really shouldn't drink when in ketosis anyway as it can be very dangerous. Just make sure you drink plenty of water, stick to plan and it shouldn't take long to get back into ketosis :) good luck. It's also best to weigh yourself once a week at a set time and just base your losses on that x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Oh I didn't realise! At least I know now. Don't think I'll be drinking again for a while, I'd rather get slim and not have the hangovers haha.

I'm on day 6 today and feeling good. I've had a hot cafe shake and the mushroom pasta with a bit of broccoli so far. Drinking plenty of water and green tea so feel absolutely stuffed! I don't even want to eat a bar for a choc fix, I'm hardly hungry any more which is amazing for me. Can't believe I'll have been on this diet a week tomorrow, I don't even really feel like I'm dieting although the food I can eat is fairly limited. I think it's all the sweet shakes. Whenever I've tried to diet before it's always been cutting back the sweet stuff and then I've failed miserably after 4 or 5 days because I have such a sweet tooth.

Looking forward to weigh in day on Wednesday, I've promised myself I'm not getting on the scales again until then. Even if I did the battery has died on them so I can't weigh myself until I change that anyway!!

yes please be very careful with alcohol
back when I did lipotrim I waited over a month into maintenance to drink alcohol, I drank only sangria but trust me that was one of the worst nights of my life..

I'm not planning on drinking for a while now. It's day 7 for me today, yayy, I've lasted a week. I do seem to have completely lost my appetite. It's not that I want to eat crap and jack in the diet, I just don't want to eat anything. I couldn't face another shake last night which I know is not good. This afternoon I've had to force down tomato soup and still couldn't finish it. Is this normal and will it pass. I mean, I want to be slim more than anything but I don't want to be ill.

I've decided instead of having a packet meal later I'm going to cook some chicken with plenty of green veg, I think this will make me feel better. I'm hoping anyway.

well done Amy your doing SO well , I have days like thats too and yeah a chicken meal sounds like a lovely idea.
I think its the ketosis that makes us feel like that ....your running on pure fat lol
cant wait to hear what your loss is tomorrow Im sure it will be fab
Jo x

Thanks Mo-Jo. I've hardly been able to eat anything today so got myself loads of green veg and some chicken. Seeing as I'm having no carbs at all I decided to treat myself with some smoked salmon, which is still protein so not really cheating is it? Haha. I'm more looking forward to see if I've lost any inches yet, I doubt it, but I've sort of ruined the surprise by keep weighing myself. Next week I'm hiding the scales!! xx

MissAmyMarie said:
Thanks Mo-Jo. I've hardly been able to eat anything today so got myself loads of green veg and some chicken. Seeing as I'm having no carbs at all I decided to treat myself with some smoked salmon, which is still protein so not really cheating is it? Haha. I'm more looking forward to see if I've lost any inches yet, I doubt it, but I've sort of ruined the surprise by keep weighing myself. Next week I'm hiding the scales!! xx

Ypu're not having no carbs at all - each of the packs contains carbs eg the oatmeal has 8g of carbs and the sliver packet spage bol over 20g of carbs. However, the carb level has nothing to do with smoked salmon - as I don't believe that it contains carbs. I though salmon was allowed on SnS anyway - but to be fair it has been a while since I looked at the rules.

You're doing great Miss Amy - and what a fantastic loss Weasey.

BTW - that dress looks AMAZING!

Back