First SW Meeting this morning

LaurelAmy

Well, last time i tried to go it alone... this time... I joined a meeting!! However feel naughty after eating ***** again all day lol

3 eggs, 1 tin of beans, 2 cans of coke zero, 2 cups of tea

250ml semi skimmed milk (he a)
1 slice white dry toast (he b)

28g chocolate cake - 6.5 syns

Have I done really bad?
The only problem if that I have bugger all in the house until shopping on saturday :-(
x

As i mentioned, I have bugger all in the house until I go shopping on saturday, In which case the white bread is not then

3 eggs, 1 tin of beans, 2 cans of coke zero, 2 cups of tea

250ml semi skimmed milk (he a)
1 slice white dry toast (he b)

28g chocolate cake - 6.5 syns

Have I done really bad?
The only problem if that I have bugger all in the house until shopping on saturday :-(
x

From the looks of things your day seems okay to me? Kind of looks like a green day to me but i would syn the white bread if i was you and add that to your syn total of the cake. :)

Do you have pasta or rice in the cupboard? Or some potatoes to do a jacket? Hmm :rolleyes: its tough when you havnt got much in, i had to go upto the shop today to buy some individual alpen light bars as they didnt have the boxes..grr, what a swizz!

Well done, if you're going for a green day then you have 2 healthy b's left (as your white bread is synned). Do you have any porridge or weetabix?

Good luck :)

Yep, syn your white bread and your cake and you are still within your syn allowance for the day. Everything else is free food or healthy extra so you have not blown it at all.

What do you have in the house? Surely something or were you planning on not eating at all until Saturday :)

Tell you what you have - you'll be surprised what you can do with a few bits and pieces.

well i have pasta in, tinned toms ermmmm, tuna i think, bit of milk and cheese, soups, rice thats about it lol, thanks guys, have synned the bread :) x

Good grief girl - you can loads with that lot! Any veggies? Fresh or in the depth of the cupboard/freezer? Stock cubes? Herbs aand spices?

actually yeah, i have some frozen pepperrrrsss annnd some peas, i have chicken and veg stock and i also have a few herbs and spices..... Im rubbish at concocting meals, so if you could give me some ideas it would be REALLLLLY appreciated... Im supposed to be doing extra easy but the consultant didnt really go through it properly with me :-( x

Well you could make a pot of soup with some of the peppers, chopped tomatoes and stock. If you want you can bulk it out by also adding some rice. Avoid the canned soups as they will be high in syns.

A pasta bake with a tomato and tuna sauce, topped with cheese if you like.

Special fried rice with some peppers and peas through it

A pea risotto - not as creamy as if you were using proper risotto rice but will still hit the spot.

Red pepper risotto along these lines - use more stock in place of wine
Oven-baked red pepper risotto recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Tomato risotto - Quick tomato risotto recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Simple pasta with a tomato sauce - while the pasta is cooking put a can of tomatoes in a frying pan with a crumbled stock cube, some italian herbs, garlic, worcestershire sauce and soy sauce (if you have them, will be fine without). Bring it to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until thickened and ready to serve.

There is a mushy pea curry recipe in the recipe sub-forum but you get away with ordinary peas or try mashing them up a bit.

Italian tuna balls recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food - using the tomato sauce above and serve with pasta

Pasta with tuna & tomato sauce recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Help-yourself tuna rice salad recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Goes without saying avoid the oil in these bbcgoodfood recipes.

Thanks for that, massive help :) x

Back