First time on WW PP !

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
Hi everyone, I've recently joined weight watchers and thought I'd start a diary in this section to logg my food and (hopefully!) progress :)

Please help me out if you notice anything, I'm just getting my head around the plan and don't have a pp calculator yet (eep!) so am searching through for everything as I go along.

Managed to loose 2 stone on slimming world, but really need help with portion sizes and snacking and hoping weight watchers wiil help me get there :)

Monday 9th October - Day 3.

Breakfast:

Oats so simple (3pp)
Skimmed milk (1pp)
Strawberries (0pp)
Blueberries (0pp)

Lunch:
Homemade vegetable soup (0pp)
2 x wholemean bread (4pp)
1 x ww toffee yogurt (1pp)

Dinner:

Salmon fillet (with mango salsa - from ww recepie): 10pp
Boiled potatoes: (4pp)
Cabbage: (0pp)
Brocoli: (0pp)
Green beans (0pp)
Carrots: (0pp)

Snacks:
Muller light yogurt (2pp)
NAS jelly (0pp)

Is this right, I have only used 23? I have a points allowance of 37... how does everyone manage to use up all their points on days like this? Do you need to eat all of your points?
I am going to get some rice pudding!! x

Looking good! They do say 29pp is really minimum points to have for your body to function properly in order for you to lose weight so I wouldn't go any lower than that if you can! Saying that I find if I eat too much fruit etc I can't fit anymore food in!!
Mango salsa sounds nice, love mango at the mo!!
Good luck with ww!

Looking good! They do say 29pp is really minimum points to have for your body to function properly in order for you to lose weight so I wouldn't go any lower than that if you can! Saying that I find if I eat too much fruit etc I can't fit anymore food in!!
Mango salsa sounds nice, love mango at the mo!!
Good luck with ww!

Aw thanks hun :)

I know I have to have more points, but I think it's because i made a vegetable soup! I had two bowls for my lunch and then a bowl before my dinner! Added to the fruit.... and have been drinking the recommended water too, for the first time I am full!

I'm at home for the week and there are lots of 'bad' things I could eat to get my points up, but I don't want to go down that route, if you know what I mean?

Maybe I will have banana on toast. Seems like I'm eating too much though! x

Thank you!
I need to plan for tomorrow in advance I think - so I get my points right! Less fruit maybe and more snacks with points x

Thank you!
I need to plan for tomorrow in advance I think - so I get my points right! Less fruit maybe and more snacks with points x

Thats what I normally do it really does help planning in advance I normally leave myself 5 points so then if I really fancy something I can use them points and don't have to worry about using my weeklie points. You can eat as much fruit as you like as they are all 0 point so don't worry about that. I normally have both a ww snack and fruit.

Hi everyone :)

Food for today!

Breakfast: 4pp

2 x wholemeal bread: 4pp
1 x bannana (0pp)
1 x cup of strawberries

Snack: 1pp
Grapes (0pp)
Yogurt (1pp)

Lunch **
*have allowed for upto 12pp*

Dinner (planned) 12
Homemade soup (0pp)
Salmon fillet (4pp) *
Cabbage (0pp)
Brocoli (0pp)
Carrots (0pp)
Boiled potatoes (?!)

Okay, so here's where I need the help!
1. are salmon fillets 4? Does anyone know this? I need to buy the new guide! But next week I'll becme a monthly member and be able to see things online!
2. How many boiled potatoes do you get for a number of points? or does it go by weight?
3.Thanks again for all your help so far!
So, today I knew I had NO lunch at home (something I love about weight watchers - you can get food on the go)

AND, in light of not using all my ppoints yesterday, I have picked up:

- a mexican wrap (from the spar - it was the lowest calorie/fat wrap)
Per pack it has calories and fat but not proteins or carbs... so how do I work out the points?

Per 100g there are:
Protein: 8.9
Carbs: 22.7
Fat: 3.4
How on earth do I work this out? yikes! thanks in advance :)

Hey welcome to ww PP :) on my app salmon fillets vary depending on brand shop etc some are 5 some are 6 some are 7 so if you have NI on packet can get accurate PP :) depends on weight etc! I checked my ww purple pocket guide too and it says one salmon fillet weighing 130g would be 6PP! Hope that is of some help for you!

Regarding potatoes in purple pocket guide 150g boiled new or old potatoes are 3PP also. :)

Xx

Oh and for the wrap idk how to get accurate PP without the protein etc. However there is a thing some people do where 40cal=1PP hopefully that would give you a rough idea! So find the cals for pack and work it out that way maybe :) xx

I would say definatly use your daily points every day as thats what has been calculated for you height weight age etc. so if your not eating all of them you might not get as good a loss as if you were. They will go down as you loose weight thou x

Hi everyone :)

Food for today!

Breakfast: 4pp

2 x wholemeal bread: 4pp - Most are 5pp when you double them
1 x bannana (0pp)
1 x cup of strawberries

Snack: 1pp
Grapes (0pp)
Yogurt (1pp)

Lunch **
*have allowed for upto 12pp*

Dinner (planned) 12
Homemade soup (0pp)
Salmon fillet (4pp) *usually around 6pp
Cabbage (0pp)
Brocoli (0pp)
Carrots (0pp)
Boiled potatoes (?!)150g is 3pp so usually around 1pp per 50g

Okay, so here's where I need the help!
1. are salmon fillets 4? Does anyone know this? I need to buy the new guide! But next week I'll becme a monthly member and be able to see things online!
2. How many boiled potatoes do you get for a number of points? or does it go by weight?
3.Thanks again for all your help so far!
So, today I knew I had NO lunch at home (something I love about weight watchers - you can get food on the go)

AND, in light of not using all my ppoints yesterday, I have picked up:

- a mexican wrap (from the spar - it was the lowest calorie/fat wrap)
Per pack it has calories and fat but not proteins or carbs... so how do I work out the points?

Per 100g there are:
Protein: 8.9
Carbs: 22.7
Fat: 3.4 = worked out using 0g of fibre this would be 4pp per 100g/200g = 8pp
How on earth do I work this out? yikes! thanks in advance :)

I've updated you link above with a few pointers and info.....hope this helps xx

Also

Hiya and welcome to the site and propoints, it gets easier as you go along. Definately worth getting yourself a calculator too. But in the meantime if you put up Protein, Carbs, fat and fibre per portion or whatever someone will work it out for you. If you need anything just ask and i'll try find out for you. Best of luck xx

Welcome to WW and best of luck. Your menus look yummy :)

Well your doing well so far so keep the good work up I don't know if this will help you but here is a link to a online calculator to help you work out pp for things: Weight Watchers Points Calculator

I find it really helpful and to be honest I can't live with out it lol. Once you have an idea of what points things are you will be able to work out your plans much easier and won't have to use a calculator. Good luck with it all.

Hey welcome to ww PP on my app salmon fillets vary depending on brand shop etc some are 5 some are 6 some are 7 so if you have NI on packet can get accurate PP depends on weight etc! I checked my ww purple pocket guide too and it says one salmon fillet weighing 130g would be 6PP! Hope that is of some help for you!

Regarding potatoes in purple pocket guide 150g boiled new or old potatoes are 3PP also.

Xx

Hi hun, and firstly thank you! I love support on here – and was worried about changing from sw to ww because I wouldn’t ‘know anyone’ if that makes sense, but you’re all so lovely! So thanks!
Tsk that pesky oily fish – I don’t usually buy salmon, but I’m home for the week and my Mum does :p

Oh and for the wrap idk how to get accurate PP without the protein etc. However there is a thing some people do where 40cal=1PP hopefully that would give you a rough idea! So find the cals for pack and work it out that way maybe xx
Thanks hun – I did it by the cals (per 100g) and x2.5 to get 11pp per wrap – what a waste of points lol! X

I would say definatly use your daily points every day as thats what has been calculated for you height weight age etc. so if your not eating all of them you might not get as good a loss as if you were. They will go down as you loose weight thou x

Thanks hun, I have upped my points and am now finding it surprisingly easy to eat them all! Loving the freedom of ww!!

I've updated you link above with a few pointers and info.....hope this helps xx

Also

Hiya and welcome to the site and propoints, it gets easier as you go along. Definately worth getting yourself a calculator too. But in the meantime if you put up Protein, Carbs, fat and fibre per portion or whatever someone will work it out for you. If you need anything just ask and i'll try find out for you. Best of luck xx

Thank you! (especially for the salmon) I am still getting my head around the plan so appreciate all the tips and advice I can get my hands on :p
I’ll put the info either on here or on the online ww calculator posted below! I am stuggling mainly with things that don’t come in a packet –e.g. potatoes, veg, slices of ham etcetc. But thank you!! xx

Welcome to WW and best of luck. Your menus look yummy

Thanks lovely xx

Well your doing well so far so keep the good work up I don't know if this will help you but here is a link to a online calculator to help you work out pp for things: Weight Watchers Points Calculator

I find it really helpful and to be honest I can't live with out it lol. Once you have an idea of what points things are you will be able to work out your plans much easier and won't have to use a calculator. Good luck with it all.

Ah – life saver! Hanks so much lol! How do you remember points though… literally just remember them? Or is there one big book you can buy? Thank you!!! xx

Afternoon all!

Some posts will cross post with my main diary... but I want to use this one as a log!

Anyway, before food for the day, will let you know about two food/work related topics.

• Foxes Jaffa biscuits are, without a doubt the BEST biscuits ever. (2pp, 76 calories, 3.5 syns) they are SOOO lush! I can’t really describe them.. other than a thick circle of yummy chocolate, a cute little shortbread shape on the bottom and gooey jaffa (whatever the stuff is) in the middle. In a word – lush!
  • My lovely colleagues are taking me out for a leaving (sob) lunch tomorrow. Aww. However, the menu sounds far too tempting and I’m at a wall trying to calculate what would be best to have ww wise – since I don’t have an eating out guide – I’m trying to chose the best foods and then work out the pp value. Any advice/tips? Menu is: http://www.hospitalinn.co.uk/menu.html
Okay, now to the ww stuff :D

Will first just quickly mention that by 7:30am I had been for a swim, showered and changed my bedding (I love new sheets!) This was all before breakfast! Even blow dried my hair! Is it just me, or does nice hair make you feel better? Saying that, it’s only the style that’s nice. My roots are begging for highlights!
Anyway, I digress, breakfast…

Breakfast:4pp

Smoothie (adapted from ww recipe)
1 x banana
1 x handful of frozen strawberries/blueberries
75ml of skimmed milk.1pp

Now, since I didn’t use yogurt will this be classed as 1pp? (for the milk?) Or is there a higher pp value because the fruit is blended (a la the slimming world way)

Oats so simple (half pack) 2pp
Skimmed milk: 1pp

Snack:
Foxes – todiefor- jaffa biscuit: 2pp

Lunch: 6pp

Potatoe Salad
Boiled potatoes 100g: 2pp
Red onion: 0pp
Celery: 0pp
Sweetcorn: 1pp
Light mayonnaise: 1pp

With:
Salad: 0pp
Slice of peri peri chicken: 2pp

Total for day so far: 12/37
Weeklys used 2/49

As you can see... I am slightly more organised, and while I still don't know the pp value of things, I'm just not putting it into my mouth until I do! ahahah!…. Will update dinner later on!! xx

Ohh diary looks yummy and seems to be pointed well. It takes a while to wrap your head around things but once you do its fine. At the start I sat down one evening and went through all my regular foods and wrote the pp value on the packs and boxes, I find it handy, so that then I can just reach for things and see the pp value quickly xx

Hiya all the food sounds good but i see you have only used 12/37 so far! Thts less than half maybe use full fat mayo in ur salads to use up points or semi skimmed milk instead of skimmed! As for the menu if i was goin there myself i would have either the cajun chicken pasta or chicken and chorizo salad ... do they have n/v on the menu? I cudnt see but if thy do u cud work out the ruff pro points by dividin the carlories by 40. If you have the purple book in there it has a bit to work out portion sizes so ucud take that to help you point pasta chips ect x

Ah – life saver! Hanks so much lol! How do you remember points though… literally just remember them? Or is there one big book you can buy? Thank you!!! xx

You are very welcome. It takes a while but you get use to them. You can buy a shopping book for pro points from weightwatchers and it tells you how much points are but the best thing I found was to use the online calculator. Use the information on the packets and enter them into the calculator to work out the points. I think write them down on a pad. I have a pad with a list of items that I have worked out the points so then when it comes to my menus I can look at my list. You will get there I promise I thought I never would but I gave it ago its so much metter than the old plan.

Back