First week advice need

hi

started the lipotrim diet on Tuesday and to he honest it has been hell, feeling like i want to be sick all the time, feeling starving, getting sick of drinking water lol, i have lost a bit of weight as some pants i use to have fit a little better, but on the weight machine i have gained 0.2 kg started off weighting 100.00 now weight 100.2 lol,

the question i have is there any thing i can eat or drink besides water black tea/coffee, can i eat cucumber or drink flavoured water, as my doc says no, but when reading different forums it says i can, just looking for something to help get rip of the bland food/drinks

cheers

Sorry Darren, the Doc is right. Stick with it, it will be worth it. Hopefully you should feel better tomorrow :D Bland and just about palatable is done on purpose so you will need to get your head around that ;) It will be worth it on weigh day. Good luck

Herbal teas that are pure leaf are ok Darren, I did LT for 21 weeks in 2010 and I found having sparkling water a bit of a treat ( in a wine glass) lol. The first week is hell and then you feel great. Im just on day 4 of my second attempt on LT, so i understand the headache! Its your body with-drawing from sugar/carbs I think. Good luck :)

I have sparkling water with ice, also put ice in my shakes they taste better. Last time I did this diet I had zero coke others had recommended and it didn't effect my weight loss, with regards to weight gain are u drink to much fluid ? I was told no more than 3 litres for a woman which also is included in coffee and tea don't know what the recommendation for men is?

Don't cheat whatever you do. I am on day 4 aswell and yes it's hard but I know from last time that as soon as ketosis kicks in I will be full of energy and feel amazing. Don't even consider ANY food at this time. It's a slippery slope.

My tips - have the shakes as cold as you can - I have crushed ice in mine and 4 sweeteners - the strawberry and vanilla ones become quite a treat.

Hot chocolate is ace - a few sweeteners take the edge off.

I don't particularly like the soup or the flapjacks so I steer clear of them.

Make sure you're drinking enough - 4 litres will keep you nice and full. Sparkling water feels like a treat!

Don't get on the scales every day. Your body will change throughout the week. Stick to once a week - you'll be amazed at the end of each week how well you've done.

It's hard work but it'll be worth it. Can you see yourself at goal? Visualise how your life will be once you are there - what will you wear? How will you feel? What will change for you? Keep the answers at the forefront of your mind and you will get through it.

Good luck xxxx

Hi Darren, I was still hungry so i spread my shake throughout the day. EG half for brekkie then the other half at lunch time. It gets me through the day and is breaking the habit of eating because it is 'time'. I do jump on the scales at home but this has helped me as i was losing almost every day. I have an underactive thyroid so to be able to lose weight at last is amazing. Stick at it luv, I have just been weighed at end of week 2 and have lost 15lbs in those 2 weeks. It really is hard...but so worth it. Be strong x

cheers for the advice guys, so the odd glass of coke zero aint going to do any harm, i think its the act of eating that i am missing lol

I dunno if coke zero will affect you.
On some of the other food replacement sections they talk about stuff with malic acid in being ok but citric acid is not.

I had pepsi max once on this diet and I didn't lose a single lb that week.
Really annoying.

I stick to fizzy water (not tonic) and peppermint tea now.

Because of the caffeine tea and coffee don't count towards fluid allowance, I emailed lipotrim who confirm this but peppermint, redbush, nettle are all allowed and the are a good help. I drank peppermint if I started to feel hungry and it took the edge of it, because they are caffeine free they do count towards your fluid allowance. Persevere if you can because things will improve and you'll feel amazing. Diet drinks aren't allowed because they contain citric acid.

Peppermint tea was my thing! I was quite cold in the evenings so my routine became a hot water bottle & a cup of peppermint tea as refreshing (I found coffee added to my death breath issues!) and it warmed me up a bit! Try it, I dreaded it at first, but now I've finished lipotrim I'm still drinking it as I feel kinda cleansed following it! Good luck

Please don't tell me that Clair... I was a pepsi max addict (2l per day) before I started LT again... I need to quit all that stuff - it's BAAAAD!!!

Just to get it into perspective, none of these drinks will stop you losing weight whether it's diet coke, diet fanta or diet sprite. You are eating far too few calories for that. What they will do however is take you out of ketosis and that will make this diet hell. If you come out of ketosis you will be hungry and that will cause headaches and make you feel generally unwell. You have to be in ketosis to feel good on this diet. Stick to what they tell you, at least for a few weeks. You may be able to find glitches after this that you could get away with but get used to the diet first. The difference the weight loss you will experience will change your mind on adding things anyway x

Back